Requiel made an interesting post

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Warhammer Forums - View Single Post - The Big Fat Bumper Pre-Order Thread

Requiel said:
Ok, I've just had a word with our marketing people here and the confusion seems to stem from some cross comunication between our distributors and the retailers.

Here's how it works:
There is a collector's edition which has the miniature, graphic novel, artbook etc in it.
There is a regular edition which has the game.

You can preorder either of those versions in the normal way from practically any gamestore or webmerchant and you'll get it sent to you for release in the usual way.

In addition we are offering a special pre-order bonus set which includes the open beta access, the headstart on live servers and so forth. That applies to either edition of the game - it isn't limited to just the collector's edition. It is limited however to our specific pre-order partners. In the UK, it's Play.com and HMV. The Play.com link was removed last night because it was inaccurate, the HMV link will be coming as soon as they update their site to include it.

The correct link for Play is this one and our marketing team are checking with the distributors and the retailers today to ensure that all the other links are up to date and to try and sort otu the confusion that seems to have occurred.

Some sites are offering the pre-order for 8 euro/5 pounds. What that means is that you will pay that amount in advance for the pre-order kit and then the balance for whichever version of the game you buy when it is released. You aren't paying extra for a pre-order.

Hopefully that clears up most of the queries.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Nope EA Europe are the distributors for WAR throughout all of Europe.

To the rest of it:

I've just had a word with our marketing people here and the confusion seems to stem from some cross comunication between the distributors and the retailers.

Here's how it works:
There is a collector's edition which has the miniature, graphic novel, artbook etc in it.
There is a regular edition which has the game.

You can preorder either of those versions in the normal way from practically any gamestore or webmerchant (as they get around to updating their stock systems and websites etc) and you'll get it sent to you for release in the usual way.

In addition we are offering a special pre-order bonus set which includes the open beta access, the headstart on live servers and so forth. That applies to either edition of the game - it isn't limited to just the collector's edition. It is limited however to our specific pre-order partners. In the UK, it's Play.com and HMV. The Play.com link was removed last night because it was inaccurate, the HMV link will be coming as soon as they update their site to include it.

The correct link for Play is this one and our marketing team are checking with the distributors today to ensure that all the other links are up to date and to try and sort out the confusion that seems to have occurred.

Some sites are offering the pre-order for 8 euro/5 pounds. What that means is that you will pay that amount in advance for the pre-order kit and then the balance for whichever version of the game you buy when it is released. You aren't paying extra for a pre-order.

Hopefully that clears up most of the queries.

Almost identical to the post he did here.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ahh ok, never saw that one so figure some other people may have missed it.

Too many news threads are better than none imo hehe

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah he posted the exact same quote in here..... hehe nevermind, no harm done. Your intentions were good..... although I'm suprised you didn't see it in the other thread.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Rahim Attaba said:
Hi all,

I’m Rahim Attaba working at GOA as European Senior Product Manager for Warhammer Online.

Wanted to correct Iain’s post regarding the actual pre-order campaign.

The pre-order started today and it is only for the Collector’s Edition. You can find all the details on www.war-europe.com/collectorsedition if you are pre-ordering from Europe. There is currently no official pre-order program for any other version.

The benefits and extras detailed for the Collectors Edition are currently only planned for this version.

Again, this pre-order is not for the regular edition (not yet announced), this will be done later in the year. Stay tuned for more details.

Thanks in advance

Does he mean "There is currently no official pre-order program for any other version." The versions on game.co.uk are the same as play.com, only cheaper?

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
So it sounds like the difference in price between Play.com's and Game's versions gets you open beta (which is still a limited invite only beta but has no NDA), headstart, and the Tent and Ring ingame items.

Regarding the rings, I wonder if with hindsight either spiritual or corporeal damage will seem significantly more attractive.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
As Rahim said, the pre-order bonus pack is limited to pre-orders of the Collector's Edition from our pre-order partners. If you pre-order the CE from another supplier or if you pre-order the regular edition from anywhere at all, you won't get the exclusive ingame items, the headstart on live servers or the open beta access.

Ahh ok that has helped alot, thanks.

Just to be sure of something...

I ordered mine from play.com for £59.99. You said that HMV will require you to go into their store instead of their website. 'Should' they be advertising this at the same price? and do you know if they are?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
So it sounds like the difference in price between Play.com's and Game's versions gets you open beta (which is still a limited invite only beta but has no NDA), headstart, and the Tent and Ring ingame items.

Regarding the rings, I wonder if with hindsight either spiritual or corporeal damage will seem significantly more attractive.

Yeah that seems like what they are saying. My question is if HMV are advertising the product at the same price as play.com

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved

Thats how i seen it too, so from what I can gather, your paying an extra £20 to get into Beta :eek7: (Yer, the headstart and two ingame items Ooo).

Still dont seem right that your paying to get into beta, but thats just me. Its all down to personal prefrence.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I'm guessing HMV's version is £59.99 too. Game have advertised at £39.99 for ages, and due to their self stated policy can't charge anyone any different yet. They aren't pre-order deal partners so in anyone's eyes aren't offering the same deal as play.com. The RRP for the CE edition through the normal pre-order, not the partner promotion hasn't been sent through official channels yet probably, so they merely haven't changed their deal.

If you want to get the CE on the 'cheap' and aren't bothered about early access, then yeah go with GAME, they already stated, you buy it at that price, you ain't gonna be charged any more. Even if (as i think is likely) when the RRP is finalised, they raise their price.

The extra £20 is worth it to me just to get in early, and i hadn't already pre-ordered with GAME. I'm not bothered about beta access, i already have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom