Repairing

W

Wicoa

Given I want my lovely epic armour to last as long as it possibly can, as we all do. I want to know what is the best repair rate and time.

I have heard several things like its best to repair at 95/96%

But I've also heard that if you leave it too long and don't repair at 98/99% the dur will motor down quite quick.

Discuss.

<runs off to bed having looked at the clock>

B

Bodzilla

doesn't matter when you repair, just the longer you leave it, the worse the effective AF/dps on your armour/weapon

A

Alrindel

On the Camelot Herald they say it doesn't matter.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/474.php
Q: Do you lose more durability if you wait to repair your items as opposed to repairing them often, vice versa, or neither?

A: Neither. Durability points are converted to condition points by a ratio formula. You may lose a percentage point of durability to our system rounding up if you happen to hit it at the wrong moment, but that is the only exception. You basically need to keep your stuff at 90% condition or better, as there is a noticeable difference in the damage you take or give at that point. It’s an exponential drop – you won’t notice much of a difference anywhere in the 90s, but you’ll really feel it as you go below that point.

O

Oloren

I dont think epic armour durability degrades at all, hasent for me and ive repaired it several times

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Oloren
I dont think epic armour durability degrades at all, hasent for me and ive repaired it several times
It does. Most quest items that start out QUA 100% and DUR 100% are actually set with a durability higher than 100%, say 110 or 115% (I don't know what the actual value is). The armour is degrading normally, but you won't actually see the effect until it gets to 99% and goes from there.

M

mid-gentry

Epic armor is considered by the game to be arcanium armor and rumors say that it have 125% dur... where as normal drops are asterite and will degrade faster.

F

Flimgoblin

also (apparently) the quality matters..

a 99% weapon will decay a lot slower than a 94% for example...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom