Repairing glasses

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just found an old pair of titanium-framed glasses I damaged years back. The optician told me that titanium frames couldn't be repaired, so silly me just put them in a cupboard and bought some new ones. But there are places online who say they can fix them. It's only the nosepad bit and it doesn't look particularly difficult since the two pads are part of a single piece of metal soldered/welded to the bridge.

Has anyone had this done and can you recommend the company who did it? These frames are miles lighter than my current glasses, which I don't really like any more.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I would take it to (and don't laugh here) a TV repair shop or similar and ask them to have a try. Some of those old school TV boys can solder like Jebus, if Jebus could solder and was real and wasn't nailed to some planks or something.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Agree with @Trem Take a loaf of bread to one of them TV jebuses and they turn it into wine.

Trem

I also agree with @Lakih who agreed with me about Jebus and his soldering skills….I may of got confused/religious somewhere along the way.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I agree with you who agrees with Lakih who agrees with you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He probably doesn't wear glasses but I imagine if he came over as a dirty immigrant he would be a monster with the soldering iron. He would put @Job's mates out of business in a week.

Perhaps Tom needs to demand that jesus fixes his glasses, he should demand it from the nearest roundabout, preferably with it written on a bedsheet.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Having worked in the industry (woooh - go me) I'd say take em to another Optician. They can always send them back to the labs. If you're willing to pay then why shouldn't they.

Trem

Having worked in the industry (woooh - go me) I'd say take em to another Optician. They can always send them back to the labs. If you're willing to pay then why shouldn't they.
Another anti lord solderist nazi :eek:

leggy

Probably Scottish
It's not an easily manageable metal and needs to be welded. It's difficult and the finish will most likely be shit.

I suspect 'can't be repaired' means 'can't be fucked and it'll look like one of Wazz's almond fudge cakes anyway' xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom