Rep System

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Can we get rid of this rep system please? It's almost as annoying as post counts.

Someone just gave me a useless "point" so they could give more to some other person. What's the point in that? These sort of systems have always been abused. Ugh. Pointless, pointless, pointless.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Rep point systems a bleeding stupid.

Will

/bin/su
The next "givf +1 rep" post gets a 24 hour break from the forum.:eek:

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Will said:
The next "givf +1 rep" post gets a 24 hour break from the forum.:eek:

All they'd have to do is start a thread like mine. In the time I posted this, I've had more rep in two days than I have over the last year and a half. So pointless.

I mean, talk about proving my point for me.

Will

/bin/su
To make this painfully clear, the feedback forum is for feedback only. I've banned two users for 24 hours now, and deleted 6 posts in total. If it isn't feedback, don't post it.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I 100% agree, the rep system is bollocks and abused.

I'd gained 3 blocks of rep by people clicking on completely useless boring dull posts - I guess just so they can re-rep their buddy.

I asked for this fake "e-peen" to be reset on the supersecret "i payed my £10" area - and well, got rep'd for asking.

Useless.... Pointless.... Abused.... remove it please <begs>

Will

/bin/su
As a suggestion, there used to be a "disable rep" option in your profile. It would turn your gem into a black gem, and you could not be given rep any more.

I miss that option.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Is it just me or does it seem to be mmpog forum users with their +1 mentality that are abusing the rep system?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Ch3tan said:
Is it just me or does it seem to be mmpog forum users with their +1 mentality that are abusing the rep system?

I think the majority of people there are using it as its meant to be used - if you see a post you agree with or like you give that person a rep point.

or is that abusing it?

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:

It just you. :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
you cant win really, does it actually do people any harm if the system stays in place? does it cost extra to keep it in use? if not whats the hassle?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
The problem from my point of view is all the spam generated on the forums with :-

"would have given you a rep but cant - need to spread it first"

"w00t rep 4 j00!"

Typical example : https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=192770

It was summed up perfectly above, this rep system has become the new postcount, the more green blobs you have the bigger e-peen you have, and yes its some of the mmorpg users that persistantly do this, not all of us :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've given the ability to hide your reputation via the control panel.

Will

/bin/su
Fantastic Deebs.

Incidentally, when you updated the Steel Blue theme I use at work, the rep bar now shows the exact level, as well as the number of gems, and also shows stars for length of time you've been registered for.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
btw, in the steelblue theme you get the dark gem and the $USER has disabled rep alt, but in the FH theme the rep marker just dissapears.

edit: ooh arr there it is! sorry, me being visually impaired :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hey ho Deebs. it seems that rep can still be discovered, even if it is disabled. see here for details.

Will

/bin/su
Yeah, the amount still shows in the Steel Blue theme, and maybe in others. I'd quite like mine zeroed tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom