Rep points

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Once you've got a "rep beyond repute", what does further rep points mean ?
And whats an uber rep score ? 3000 ?

Is penis size linked to rep points ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, talking about rep might do the same it did for gallery imagecount. Remove it completely.

For all you out there, talking about rep points, gallery things, little quirks and bonus features you have on these forums...start treating it like fight club.

No i don't mean suck your fat out of your arse and make soap, or hide a penis in your post, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
1) You shall not talk about rep points.
2) You shall NOT talk about rep.
3) THERE ARE NO REP POINTS!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My mistake. When I mentioned rep points I was in fact talking about the oxidation process of adrenaline in freshly isolated rat cardiomyocytes.

Obviously. Now where was I ? Oh yes:

High concentrations of circulating biogenic catecholamines often exist during the course of several cardiovascular disorders. Additionally, coronary dysfunctions are prominent and frequently related to the ischemic and reperfusion phenomenon (I/R) in the heart, which leads to the release of large amounts of catecholamines, namely adrenaline, and to a sustained generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS). Thus, this work aimed to study the toxicity of adrenaline either alone or in the presence of a system capable of generating ROS [xanthine with xanthine oxidase (X/XO)], in freshly isolated, calcium tolerant cardiomyocytes from adult rats. Studies were performed for 3 h, and cardiomyocyte viability, ATP level, lipid peroxidation, protein carbonylation content, and glutathione status were evaluated, in addition to the formation of adrenaline’s oxidation products and quinoproteins. Intracellular GSH levels were time-dependently depleted with no GSSG formation when cardiomyocytes were exposed to adrenaline or to adrenaline with X/XO. Meanwhile, a time-dependent increase in the rate of formation of adrenochrome and quinoproteins was observed. Additionally, as a new outcome, 5-(glutathion-S-yl)adrenaline, an adrenaline adduct of glutathione, was identified and quantified. Noteworthy is the fact that the exposure to adrenaline alone promotes a higher rate of formation of quinoproteins and glutathione adduct, while adrenochrome formation is favored where ROS production is stimulated. The redox status of the surrounding environment greatly influences adrenaline’s oxidation pathway, which may trigger cellular changes responsible for cardiotoxicity.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
The scary thing Lamp, is that I understood everything you posted from that abstract :) Sounds interesting.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The scary thing Lamp, is that I understood everything you posted from that abstract :) Sounds interesting.

Absolutely ! We should /discuss further. After all, thats what this thread's about. Not *cough* rep points *cough*.

So...what the heck is a cardiomyocyte ?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'll see if I can translate it.

''High concentrations of circulating biogenic catecholamines often exist during the course of several cardiovascular disorders.''

High concentrations of catecholamine hormones are found circulating in the blood during the course of several cardiovascular disorders.

''Additionally, coronary dysfunctions are prominent and frequently related to the ischemic and reperfusion phenomenon (I/R) in the heart, which leads to the release of large amounts of catecholamines, namely adrenaline, and to a sustained generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS).''

Additionally, heart problems are prominent and frequently related to ischemic (blood vessel blockage) and reperfusion (sudden release of blockage, flooding oxygen deprived area with oxygen saturated blood) phenomenon in the heart, which leads to the release of large amounts of catecholamines, namely adrenaline, and to a sustained generation of nasty damaging highly reactive oxygen species, which generally fucks up heart muscle.

''Thus, this work aimed to study the toxicity of adrenaline either alone or in the presence of a system capable of generating ROS [xanthine with xanthine oxidase (X/XO)], in freshly isolated, calcium tolerant cardiomyocytes from adult rats.''

So, we did a study to look at the toxicity of adrenaline either alone or in the presence of the xanthine oxidase system (enzymes capable of generating reactive oxygen species (these are bad remember)), in freshly isolated and calcium tolerant heart muscle cells from adult rats (which ofc means killing the rats and harvesting their hearts, sucks to be a rat these days).

''Studies were performed for 3 h, and cardiomyocyte viability, ATP level, lipid peroxidation, protein carbonylation content, and glutathione status were evaluated, in addition to the formation of adrenaline’s oxidation products and quinoproteins.''

We did some tests for 3 hours to measure a load of chemical compounds involved in metabolism and oxidation state of the cell, plus the adrenaline oxydation products etc.

''Intracellular GSH levels were time-dependently depleted with no GSSG formation when cardiomyocytes were exposed to adrenaline or to adrenaline with X/XO.''

Intracellular glutathione (a chemical linked to oxidation state) were depleted over time with no glutathione adduct formation (normally, glutatione is chemically attached to various compounds, forming an adduct). when the heart muscle cells were exposed to adrenaline or adrenaline with the xanthine oxidase system present.

''Meanwhile, a time-dependent increase in the rate of formation of adrenochrome and quinoproteins was observed.''

But we did see an increase over time in the formation of the expected adrenaline based reactive oxygen species.

''Additionally, as a new outcome, 5-(glutathion-S-yl)adrenaline, an adrenaline adduct of glutathione, was identified and quanti'ied.''

We figured out where all that glutathione was going too, hot diggedy!

''Noteworthy is the fact that the exposure to adrenaline alone promotes a higher rate of formation of quinoproteins and glutathione adduct, while adrenochrome formation is favored where ROS production is stimulated. The redox status of the surrounding environment greatly influences adrenaline’s oxidation pathway, which may trigger cellular changes responsible for cardiotoxicity.''

Without the xanthine oxidase system, quinoproteins and glutathione adducts are produced in larger amounts, yet with xanthine oxidase present adrenochrome is favourably produced. Oh, if we fuck about with the redox status (reduction/oxidation) of the surrounding environment we can play with this adrenaline oxidation pathway (its redox-linked), we think this triggers the cellular changes causing toxicity in heart cells after an ischemic reperfusion event occurs.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I don't have work, i'm waiting for my doctorate to start :( My supervisor is in Quebec atm pfff.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Daemyr what did you just finish at uni?

Looks interesting :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Le Biotechnologie

See? It's catching!

Soon this Forum is Le OT! :D

Le supervisór is like a supervisor, but with a mustache and a paquette under one arm, smoking a cigarette and going "Pfft, silly americans. Thee are laak poo... on mah shoe."

Overdriven

I feel a little offended because of this post, due to half of my nationality! :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I feel a little offended because of this post, due to half of my nationality! :(

Then why'd ya post it?

You did mean my post right? Ain't word humping grand :D

I have nothing but some form of respect for the french really. I mean come on, threesomes, the women, french kissing, threesomes, the women, the threesomes. That's like atleast 12 things they came up with :D

Overdriven

You did mean my post right? Ain't word humping grand :D

I mean come on, threesomes, the women, french kissing, threesomes, the women, the threesomes. That's like atleast 12 things they came up with :D

I've been AWAKE for under an hour.. Not my fault I forgot there was a difference between a 'post' and a 'thread' :(

Suppose that's true! :D

EDIT:

Replaced 'up' with 'Awake' *Glare*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom