Reno air crash

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That's why I don't go to air shows, 74 year old pilots showing off in 70 year old planes right over your head.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well first of all, RIP to those that have lost their lives. Can't have been a pleasant way to go. :(

Secondly, that's a slightly neurotic reason for not going to air shows. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
hidden11.jpg

??

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I think you'll find that they are a freak occurrence.
This page lists airshow accidents by year.
List of airshow accidents and incidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8 so far this year. Now consider how many airshows there have been worldwide this year and that is a tiny tiny number of all the shows. You can't spend your time worrying about the "what ifs..." when the spectacle of the airshow is what makes it amazing.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
if you kept worrying about the "ifs" you'd never get out of bed all day

random shit happens
it sucks but it happens

Gray

FH is my second home
Those airshow crashes are terrible things, remember seeing the Ukranian accident a few years ago, very bad.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Ramstein airshow crash in West Germany 1988 - YouTube

That happened when I was 11 years old... and that image of the one plane flying right into the crowd kind of burned itself into my memory just like the second plane hitting the WTC. A landmark catastrophe.

Terrible things happen every day. It sucks. And I actually mean that.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm going to sound rather cold when I say this but planes are not toys, they shouldnt be treated like toys and certainly shouldnt be flown in such a way by an elderly person no matter what previous flight experience they have.

I can't stand air shows, meaningless shows to boost ego no matter what way you spin it.

Gray

FH is my second home
I think after those 2 accidents (Rammstein and Sknyliv) the health and safety people said that the planes should keep a safe distance away from crowds when performing the stunts.

Obviously something happened though in this Reno incident because the plane suddenly pulled off from going into a straight line. Wouldn't be suprised if he suffered a heart attack or some such in the build up to it.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
There's been some pictures floating about of a broken trim tab on the elevator, I'll dig them up later, but I'm zooming off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom