Renewing DAoC Account

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Guys,

Bored out of my skull, thinking about renewing my DAoC account (its been like 3 years since i played i think?)

do you all play here (people i know ;)) or have you all migrated west for the yank servers?

any classes in need? im not sure what class ill be, was a ranger for like 2 years i think, may do that again but still undecided.

is it hard to get to 50 nowadays? how are ToA raids? anything else i "must" do before i can go PvP?

do i need a buffbot?

any other usefull info would be apprecaited before i decide if i wanna renew or not, as im bored waiting for WAR :(

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
also, forgot to ask

i had ToA as last expansion when that was latest, so ineed Catacombs, Darkness Rising & Lab right? (NF isnt a update expansion aka free, isnt it?)

Also, ive got core2duo e660 @ 3Ghz, 2gb corsair ram and 8800gtx (first gen) - thats fine to run everything on max with not a massive impact on FPS, right?

(couldnt see "edit" anywhere, soz :p)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Lo m8 :)

That pc is fast enough even @ 1900x1200 with max settings :p

Its not worth it to renew for dyvet, there like 50 people online or so what i hear, if you can live with the german crap you can renew you euro accounts, I tried the german servers, my german is good, but i hated those bloody item names they had, making a template drove me insane, so i moved to the yank servers.

Latests patches, good support not like goa crap rightnow.

Toa raids are not needed anymore you can do them with 1 group now, or even better, buy them with your bounty points, same goes for artifacts.

NF is free, lastest xpack is labby think you only need to buy that 1 i think cause the others are free now.

Hope that helped abit m8 ;)

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
That compu will run DAoC piss easy.
And if u want to renew,its either US or German servers.Dyvet is dead for a long time now.All raids are easy in US.Only thing that sux is the price on the items from laby/dragon. prety much 100p per good dragon item :p.But u also can buy plats from sites as its allowed in the US.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
i dont have a credit card, ive only get Debit, can i pay with that? im patching/downloading now incase i do renew - and you can buy the licence keys online right?

Thanks for info so far :)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
if its a visa debit card your fine, a mate of mine uses his visa debit card with no problems whatsoever!

-For US servers that is!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
If you want to play Hibernia and want to give the German servers a go my guild can help you get started. Log into Avalon or Lyonesse and then look for anyone in Perfect Recovery.

Depending on what you want from DaoC, depends where you should re-roll though. If you play at normal european hours and want to group rvr at all the German servers are much much better than US servers. If you are interested in Classic servers or prefer solo/small group rvr (because in general you will play at off peak US times) then the US servers are better. If you like PvEing then US servers because you will be uptodate with patches and the quests will be in english!

Some people find the language a big problem. Most people who know enough DaoC lingo can understand things very quickly. Loads of Germans speak perfect english.

On European servers all expansions except LotM come free. You probably won't even need to upgrade to LotM until you are rr5+ anyway unless you want to rvr in the laby. I believe there is still a small charge for Darkness rising in the US but that might be wrong now.

PvE is easy now. If you join any kind of organised guild they should be able to sort you out with a cheap but effective template very easily. ToA is easy mode and CL levels you get through RvR mostly and they are much smaller impact than ML.

Buffbots are needed in general on ToA servers but they are extremely common now so you can normally leech buffs from guildies/friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom