Sex Renewable Energy

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
A brick that can power a small light.

Call me unimpressed

Job

My ebike battery weighs the same as a standard brick.
It could power me along for 40 miles by itself, I think they have some way to go.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My ebike battery weighs the same as a standard brick.
It could power me along for 40 miles by itself, I think they have some way to go.

I think you're rather missing the point.

Job

I appreciate tech has to start somewhere, but thats like me saying I could power my ebike with a lemon and two sticks of copper once weve worked out how to make it into a super lemon with nanotech.

DaGaffer

I appreciate tech has to start somewhere, but thats like me saying I could power my ebike with a lemon and two sticks of copper once weve worked out how to make it into a super lemon with nanotech.

Why would you use bricks to power your ebike? If you have large areas, like a wall, that aren't do anything but keeping the cats out of your garden and you turn them into something useful, even at low power its a win. Using your house as a supercapacitor means you're not going to waste energy you've obtained from renewables or passive sources. Now, there is the engineering issue that the bricks like this will eventually lose charging capacity so you'd have to be very selective about where you used them, but that's just engineering. My biggest concern would be the plastics issue.

Job

They are all ready used in night storage heaters, they have been used for decades and are just full of bricks basically.

Job

Yes.
I am aware they are not magical electric bricks.
Im saying storing energy in bricks is nothing new.

Job

Now ..not..not.
Do you get in now..or not.

Job

General misconduct
I dont do apostrophes, they are fucking pointless

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I dont do apostrophes, they are fucking pointless

Cunt. If you had used one the meaning might have been there even though there was a typo, you stupid idiot.

If you are just uneducated and unable to form clear sentences then just say, and perhaps us mods / admins can allow a bit of understanding and consideration, but as it stands you just come across as an ignorant dickhead who likes to post crap and get away with it. Warning will be coming soon if you don't adapt a bit (unless @Deebs decides to do it more quickly). Our collective patience, and that of many forum users, is running out.

Job

So after having a gramma meltdown.
Any opinions on coal burning?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So after having a gramma meltdown.
Any opinions on coal burning?
Yes. We use so little of it that it's taken a record breaking heatwave for us to require any.

Keep on truckin' renewables. You're doing an amazing transformative job of our energy sector if it takes exceptional circumstances to require a temporary switch back to the old ways.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thankfully we and the EU are relying less and less on fossil fuels, one or two countries need to sort their shit out, Germany for example, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to China, the US and India. Even Russia, for all it's size and fossil fuel resources doesn't come close to China or the US.

The technology is coming along and even if turbine blades (sometimes) end up in landfill, it is still by far and away better than burning carbon stores.

DaGaffer

Thankfully we and the EU are relying less and less on fossil fuels, one or two countries need to sort their shit out, Germany for example, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to China, the US and India. Even Russia, for all it's size and fossil fuel resources doesn't come close to China or the US.

The technology is coming along and even if turbine blades (sometimes) end up in landfill, it is still by far and away better than burning carbon stores.

To be fair to the Chinese, they're on the case and because they don't have to worry about pesky things like human or property rights, they'll transition far more smoothly than other countries, and unlike Trump and his lunacy, they see renewables and nuclear as an opportunity not a threat*. The problem with the US is actually getting the fuckers to reduce consumption; the right to 24/7 air conditioning is probably in the Constitution or something. India is however, a major problem but Russia will solve itself by conveniently halving their population in the next 20-30 years.

(*Most Americans with an IQ larger than their shoe size see this as well so the market is ignoring Trump's coal-fired idiocy and getting on with the job anyway).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Absolutely.

And we've got good solutions for these landfilled turbine blades - as shown in the actual article @Bodhi posted when he was trying to say turbine blades were a big problem with no solution.

:)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Paul nails Hamiltons epic bullshit.

View: https://youtu.be/kq2E7LBClnY

Well, there are some obvious contradictions in Lewis' lifestyle versus message, but that guy just goes off at several totally irrelevant tangets and then at the end promotes 'Summit news', which I googled, first match (and there are more than enough similar summaries):

Overall, we rate Summit News Questionable based on Extreme Right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, misleading and unproven stories, and a complete lack of transparency.

So, fuck right off with your questionable choices of information and political comment. The fact that Lewis is fucking quick is why he has earned enough for his lifestyle, but he is the most vocal of all of F1 (well, only current black driver would be, eh) using his well-established platform to encourage change to the lack of diversity.

Job

I think Paul Watson is well known as a strangely ex left, but now very right winger who produces cartoon style content.

Its undeniable though.
I mean talking about saving the planet while showing off full bore on a 250hp outboard and driving for Mercedes who cheated the diesel emissions test and hes the very example of how skill gets you to the top regardless of colour...its irrelevent except in racists heads and maybe medical treatments.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think Paul Watson is well known as a strangely ex left, but now very right winger who produces cartoon style content.

Its undeniable though.
I mean talking about saving the planet while showing off full bore on a 250hp outboard and driving for Mercedes who cheated the diesel emissions test.

You're always going to fish for a way to have a dig at people who are doing things you don't agree with.

The problem is that your examples are extremely piss poor.

It's like when the climate change deniers criticised Greta for taking planes to go to meetings, then she said OK, I'm going to take a boat to the US then, and she was still criticised for that.

DaGaffer

Well, there are some obvious contradictions in Lewis' lifestyle versus message, but that guy just goes off at several totally irrelevant tangets and then at the end promotes 'Summit news', which I googled, first match (and there are more than enough similar summaries):

Overall, we rate Summit News Questionable based on Extreme Right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, misleading and unproven stories, and a complete lack of transparency.

So, fuck right off with your questionable choices of information and political comment. The fact that Lewis is fucking quick is why he has earned enough for his lifestyle, but he is the most vocal of all of F1 (well, only current black driver would be, eh) using his well-established platform to encourage change to the lack of diversity.

I can't be arsed watching that because it comes from the @Job fuckwit bubble, buuuut...his complaints about lack of diversity in F1 are rather selective; what he means is there's a lack of one specific ethnic group in F1; his own. Because if you go to LinkedIn and do a trawl through the Mercedes F1 team, or Racing Point, or Red Bull (the three I looked at) it becomes pretty obvious that are loads of East Asian, South Asian, Latinos, you name it, working in F1, which given it's such a software-led industry these days, is hardly surprising.

There is certainly an issue with a lack of diversity amongst drivers in F1, but in reality that's a function of wealth, not race (and Hamilton himself is a very rare exception to that rule), but the rest of F1 is a cut-throat meritocracy, and the reason why blacks aren't working in F1 is because black students don't do STEM. This is an endemic problem across the developed world, and isn't the fault of F1.

Maybe if Hamilton has an issue with lack of black people in F1 (not lack of diversity), he should concentrate his efforts there, and I would applaud him for that.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can't be arsed watching that because it comes from the @Job fuckwit bubble, buuuut...his complaints about lack of diversity in F1 are rather selective; what he means is there's a lack of one specific ethnic group in F1; his own. Because if you go to LinkedIn and do a trawl through the Mercedes F1 team, or Racing Point, or Red Bull (the three I looked at) it becomes pretty obvious that are loads of East Asian, South Asian, Latinos, you name it, working in F1, which given it's such a software-led industry these days, is hardly surprising.

There is certainly an issue with a lack of diversity amongst drivers in F1, but in reality that's a function of wealth, not race (and Hamilton himself is a very rare exception to that rule), but the rest of F1 is a cut-throat meritocracy, and the reason why blacks aren't working in F1 is because black students don't do STEM. This is an endemic problem across the developed world, and isn't the fault of F1.

Maybe if Hamilton has an issue with lack of black people in F1 (not lack of diversity), he should concentrate his efforts there, and I would applaud him for that.

All fair points, but there ARE efforts being made to give more women and ethnic minorities a driving opportunity in motorsport generally, and hopefully that can then blossom, and HAM is backing those same efforts, I feel.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think stamping your feet and demanding that your team should become more ethnically diverse is a very short term solution, and will be criticised as virtue signalling.

HAM isn't only calling out his own team, he's calling out the entire F1 industry. High level talks with Chase Carey (Head of Liberty media who own F1 rights) plus Jean Todt (Head of the FIA) demonstrates that - as I said, there are many ways we can criticise him, but I do feel he is using his influence for good (at least in his mind)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom