Rendering creatin failed

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
ehm how the title says i haveing some problems when i log into the game , i mean when i select the server and press play , there pop up sign apears (Rendering creation failed ) i soppoused it was from DirectX but it seems not , any other ideeas? :touch:

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Wild stab in the dark since the info you gave only allows that.... drivers

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
"Renderer Creation Failed" is almost always caused by DirectX issues...if you've updated DirectX...hmm...guess drivers is the logical next step.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
That message means that direct X failed to start, it usualy comes up when direct X is absent or out of date. Install direct X 9.0c again and if that fails then look at your graphics card drivers.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
it also happens on comps that dont have enough processing speed, tryed making a bb account on my 443mh/z machine... some comps just cant run doac...

Boness

Fledgling Freddie
The only time I get that message is when I log in my second (BB) account, running two screens on one puter. It does not affect my account that is running just cannot log in the BB, and rebooting the machine always solves it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Boness said:
The only time I get that message is when I log in my second (BB) account, running two screens on one puter. It does not affect my account that is running just cannot log in the BB, and rebooting the machine always solves it.
yep same, and its not just low spec machines, i have a very good very fast comp with up to date drivers and i still get it now and again.

Hollomere

Fledgling Freddie
It only ever happens to me when I dual log on the same PC - and always when I alt-tab between screens while one of them is still loading (connecting to server load at the very start)

If I wait until one is fully loaded before switching windows it never happens.....

..... just a thought that may help

Arquest

Fledgling Freddie
Rendering 90% of times refers too direct x or graphic drivers issues. Now for the rest that face problems with dual logs i would recommend have at least 2gb mem to run and ofc all settings set to highest framerate TOA models. Thats what i do and i am find

For the initial poster i assume its only graphic drivers-direct x or even up to hz of monitor screen not comply with graphic card (manufacturer reccomended is 60 Hz for most monitors although it hurts eyes).

Thats from me hope i helped

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Boness said:

the error you should get is, that daoc is already running 2 instance's

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
That message means that direct X failed to start, it usualy comes up when direct X is absent or out of date. Install direct X 9.0c again and if that fails then look at your graphics card drivers.

What I said months ago ;)

Its a callback error from DX startup, basically it means 'Direct X said no to starting up', those pondering about why it sometimes doesnt work with 2 accnts or whatever its simply because DirectX doesnt have sufficent resources to start up (alocate enough videomemory and main memory). Rebooting will free-up memory and lose unwanted/old process which are digging into the pool that DX needs.

1GB machine with a shit GFX card is all thats needed to run 2 TOA accounts. Darkness rising on the other hand seems to have the odd memory leak and bug and isnt half as stable.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Arquest said:
or even up to hz of monitor screen not comply with graphic card (manufacturer reccomended is 60 Hz for most monitors although it hurts eyes).

afaik theres no feedback from the monitor to directx?, In a case like you describe you would end up with a screen of shit, but DAOC wouldnt know and would startup oblivious and quite happy. Whats more such a problem would start just after entering windows, as I dont think DAOC changes frequencies at all, whereas windows uses such settings as you log on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom