Render Creation Failed

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The bloody message i keep getting when trying to run DAOC.

2 days ago i did format c: to reinstall my O.S and all the components (been 2 years since the last format or defrag. ).
After resintalling W98SE (the O.S i have been using since DAOC release smoothly) directx 8.1 (provided by the game itself) and the latest driver for my GForce4 (Detonator 52). Game crashed in the select character screen.
Ok np, i thought. Must be the driver. Lets try with the version i have been using before formating hdd. Downloaded 41.09, installed n WTF! Render Creation Failed!!!
Getting in the bad mood, i tried with the driver provided my by gcard (Winfast), a bit old but its the manufacturer oficial driver afterall.
The same bloody message: RenderCreationFailed.

I have been using the same computer for the last 2 years, running DAOC smoothly:

Abit KR7A
768MB Kingston
XP 1700+
Winfast GForce4200
Windows 98SE

Moreover, i have been playing DAOC tille yesterday w/o any problems, but dunno how after formating n reinstalling exactly the same configuration than before, y cant run DAOC now :(

Need help pls

PS: maybe this and the release of ToA are the warning messages suggesting a game quit...

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
I would advise installing direct x 9 rather than 8.1

when logging in go to the character selection screen (if you can) and put the screen resolution to minimum.

with your gfx drivers sometimes the ones from the nvidia site aren't always the best find out the make and go to there site to download them as they will be tweaked for your card.

(your gfx drivers will be set btw for direct x 9 not 8.1 and install them after the gfx driver)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Update:

Tried with Direct x9 and drivers: Detonator 41.09, 45.23, 31.00 and Forceware 53.04 (tha latest driver for my GForce4 according to nvdia).

Game keeps crashing before or at select char screen, cant even select resolution or screen mode.

Reaching the Nutty Mind Status :(

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
run 3d studio max test see if it crashes in there it will test if its the gfx card.

ensure your motherboard drivers are upto date (not bios flash) you should be able to get them from VIA tech.

i am assuming you have updated windows 98 with all the updates if not then do this.

try my old favourite (posted on a few boards and has helped in most cases) zoom will load your drivers as needed and should stop any clashes:
http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find "copies of the full version" on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails. there is an option to disable it

remember serials 2000 are your friend http://www.serialz.to/s2kupdates.html

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Render Creation failed was supposed to be fixed in the latest nvidia drivers.
Used to get it alot and im currently using the 53.03s off the nvidia site and i no longer get the error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom