Render creation failed :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
kk, im pretty pissed off now. Recently downloaded DAoC, Catacombs, and Darkness rising. installed it all - and im getting render creation failed :(. pretty annoying. so i asked a few people for waht could be the problem, made sure ive got the latest directx (9.0c) and i made sure my drivers/graphics card are up to date and my graphics card/ram/everything seems to be within minimum spec. I changed my graphics card driver from what windows recomends, to catalyst 5.1, and 5.2 - was told 5.2 is hte most stable for running daoc/darkness rising. but i still cant get into the game :(

- When i attempt to log in, i get to server select, select server and click play and i get "Render Creation Failed" when i click OK the server selection thing closes.

Any other things i can check? tried everything i can think of and others ive asked can think of.

computer info that may be needed

windows xp, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (a bit odl but still meets minimum requirements) running with the catalyst 5.2 driver at the mo. 64mb (recommended is 32 so :p)

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+ (im ment to get windows 64 or whatever soon but really doubt thats the problem)

1gig of ram. and more than enough hard drive space left.

Any advice would be appreciated, even if its "have no idea" then ill know that i baffled you :D

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
As you have darkness rising installed theres not much I can say as it hasn't arrived in euro yet. However, only thing i can think it is usually related to is dx - could try reinstalling it ( im sure theres a 3rd party tool out there that actually reverts it back to an older version) Also could try reinstalling the game one by one - and trying to log in before you proceed to install the next expansion.. try to narrow the problem down.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
got that msg when i didnt have a good enough direct x...¨

mb try the option that search ur daoc files for updates and missing files etc..

remi

Fledgling Freddie
its something with dx9 and daoc, reinstall daoc, then dx9, in that order.

if that dont work, install dx9, then daoc, then dx9 ;p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
check that your ati drivers are up to date but read the patch notes to ensure that they are the ones that dont cause the game to crash.

also are you trying to play darkness rising on the US or EU servers because DR hasnt gone live yet.

other than that it could be that your graphics card is too old for the direct drivers. (not sure tbh)

try reinstalling the whole machine.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
trying to play DR on US.

just reinstalled daoc, still cant log in, eithar on SI, Cata, or DR. made sure DX is up to date and was installed before installing, and not working. any more advice? :( may just send my comp away to get fixed so it defo works but that could be costly.

i cant re-install the whole machine :( long story (And i dont have the disks etc:p)

[edit - forgot to mention] i tried logging in on all 3, after installing SI, then cata, then DR.

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
New game binaries were installed today which do not support DirectX 9.0b. If you get the error 'Renderer Creation Failed' when trying to log into DAoC, then you should go here to download and install DirectX 9.0c.

Think its happening to a few peeps :confused:

Phantoman

Fledgling Freddie
Render creation fault

Hi
Render Creation Error
right click on your game shortcut click properties and check the path and directory
then go to the game directory
First thing to do is copy out your USER.DAT from your game to a safe place
and delete it from your game directory
try running the game and choose "no thank you" as your quick logon

If this doesent work download and install directx 9c
delete the user.dat in game directory and try again

If that dosent work dowload your latest graphic drivers
be aware that sometimes the latest versions dont work so try an earlyer version
I had to revert back to an older nvidia driver to get the game to work
delete user.dat again and try

The user.dat contains your graphic card info so deleting it removes it and you start
at the default

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom