Removing your # so Sales People stop calling

S

S-Gray

Does anyone know the website/information on how to remove yourself from getting them annoying phonecalls from people asking for surveys/Sales people asking about buying stuff?

I believe it was something to do with a list BT has and you can see if they can remove you from it.

**Note (1) its not for me**
**Note (2) the person is already Ex-Directory but still gets calls**

E

Embattle

If they're already ex-directory I don't think there is any thing more you can do tbh.

T

Tom

Telephone Preference Service. Can also get on Mail PS and Fax PS lists if you want, although they're not the same address. Once you're on it, its illegal for salesmen to call you.

R

RSO:Gray

A tip would be not to let strange people with clip boards stop you in the middle of the street to ask dumb questions then take your details.
they are markey resurchers who give your details to there firm who in turn sell them on to outher componys who in turn call you.

tbh it sucks and where i live i can't walk though the town center with out haveing a few try to stop me.
best thing to do is tell them "FUCK OFF, I am busy try ask some outher chump who has the time to waste talking to you."

D

doh_boy

I have a pair of HUGE ear phones and ignore them :D

:clap:

T

Teh Krypt

Phone them back and try to sell them some goods :D

Or Phone the head office and demand your number be removed

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Tom.
Telephone Preference Service. Can also get on Mail PS and Fax PS lists if you want, although they're not the same address. Once you're on it, its illegal for salesmen to call you.

yes, ive called that number and requested that i didnt get called, and apparently if you've got yourself put on that list then its illegal for them to call you!
I cant find the number though :(

Tilda

T

Teh Krypt

My grandad eats people who phone our shop. I had to write a nasty letter on word for him ;).

For personal bussinesses (ok yes I suck at spelling) Its sort of hard to go ex directory :(

T

Teh Krypt

is there not one of these for unwanted emails? :(

My penis is big enouth dam it :(

E

Ekydus

Remove your number and they will knock on your door.

G

Gumbo

Then you can hit them over the head with a shovel.

E

Ekydus

That depends if they are trying to sell shovels or not.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Teh Krypt

My penis is big enouth dam it :(

nelson2.gif
Ha-ha!

S

]SK[

The Hate List

1) Email Spammers
2) Popups
3) The twats who started Gain

Personally I blame the americans for all of the above. All I can say is, YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE A LIVING BY SENDING 100,000 SPAM EMAILS TO PEOPLE.

Please find me a spam email with £ rather than a $ sign.

As for sales calls, fuck off?

That is all...good day.

M

mank!

I signed up on that TPS thing yesterday, and the amount of calls I've had today has tripled. I've had 6 so far, and the day is still young.

I

icemaiden

I don't think it stops calls getting through, it just means u can report the people that call you. Normally these things take 28 days to start working i think.

W

Will

As someone who works in the Industry, I can confirm icemadien is right, it takes 28 days for you to be listed. If you get any sales calls once you are on the TPS, you tell them that you are, and they should take you off their lists. After that, you threaten them, they ignore you, and you then discover that the TPS is rather toothless and doesn't actually work.

I

icemaiden

Oh nearly forgot, best way to stop call centres/sales ppl calling you is to ask BT/Telewest/whoever to block calls where the number is withheld. That way they can't get through to you at all.

W

Will

Unless the 1471 message is "The call came from a network which does not transmit its number". Can't block those, since it is either an international call, an operator connected call, or someone who has been messing with their own PBX (private branch exchange).

T

Teh Krypt

Wills a Salesman *siiiiis*

*kills will's phoneline*

W

Will

I'm really not. I can't think of any job more soul-destroying.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread