[SUGGESTION] Remove kills near warcamp from contributing to VPs

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Kills near warcamps should not contribute to victory point gain or loss for either side.

-----

Today we had people suiciding at the Order warcamp and undermining us in the late afternoon, despite people who had been fighting for hours for control of Reikland screaming and pleading with them to stop. There were no Order anywhere in the zone of note at the time and we still could not cap it despite everyone working their nuts off.

I have never seen the like of this before.

This is a level of griefing that is way beyond what should be allowed in any game. The VP loss from a few people running repeatedly from our warcamp into the Order warcamp more than offset anything we could earn.

As a result, VPs should not be affected near any warcamps. It allows people to deliberately undermine what is already an extremely difficult task.

With little to no Order resistance in the zone by this time after many hours of hard fighting, and people farming PQs and such we still could not cap it because of these lamers.

This is wrong.

Fix it.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
I totally agree if this is actually what was happening, and that people were deliberately doing it to undermine the cap attempt. Ofc there's no real way of knowing one way or another what the intention was. Certainly kills by Faction Guards shouldn't count toward or penalise VPs, but player kills should count wherever they happen within the lake. After all, if kills didn't count toward victory in a certain area, all you'd need to do to defend is sit in that area and/or grind PQs and we're suddenly back where we started.

To be brutally honest, given the size of the warband that showed up after you logged, I reckon Order were indeed hammering PQs outside the lake to offset our gains. Whilst this is uncounterable and therefore lame, it's perfectly within the game mechanics. :/

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc there's no real way of knowing one way or another what the intention was.

No, we cant know for sure without the players involved actually admitting it.
However, these players and friends of them "claiming credit" for organising the whole event and such does speak a very clear language of arrogance and intent on actually wanting to ruin it for the rest of us.

Roo for president, lets do it again when GoA has sorted these wankers out. :>

p.s still got your cane old man!

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
That sucks :( Hope you all reported them. Get them out of the game.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I don't know if it was all guard kills or if there were Order players getting the kills.

It doesn't really matter: A large area around warcamps should not contribute to VPs.

I was even messaging privately asking this to stop, with no response.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
They were reported by many as cross realmers hopefully they will be punished.

What Mythic need to make clear for me is how to get the vp's.

As it stands most people are still confused. We farmed Pq's for hours last night in Eataine while holding keeps and only 3 Bo's and an hour after we started farming Order started farming for vp's in Thunder Mountain Our vp's would not move and Order actually capped before us.

It just does not make any sense, If you got 50 peole busting there arses off for 2 hours you should be able to take any zone if it's not defended. It seems that no sooner do order port into the zone their vp's go up. This may appear the same for order ofc but I can't say because I am only destruction. But I would love a much simpler way of understanding how to get Vp's

Take the Keep defence in TM yesterday they outnumbered us 4-1 in Bloodfist and we were killing them constantly for 40 minutes with very few losses to ourselves yet our vp's tally did not reflect that at all.

The way it work added into the fact that people are blatantly going against the majority of the realms wishes and capping a pointless BO for 1k rp's really started to get to me yesterday. It takes a handful of people to throw away 2-3 hours work from many and it should not be like that at all.

Please sort it out.

Gj to order yesterdaay was epic!!!!!

peo

Fledgling Freddie
They were reported by many as cross realmers hopefully they will be punished.

What Mythic need to make clear for me is how to get the vp's.

As it stands most people are still confused. We farmed Pq's for hours last night in Eataine while holding keeps and only 3 Bo's and an hour after we started farming Order started farming for vp's in Thunder Mountain Our vp's would not move and Order actually capped before us.

It just does not make any sense, If you got 50 peole busting there arses off for 2 hours you should be able to take any zone if it's not defended. It seems that no sooner do order port into the zone their vp's go up. This may appear the same for order ofc but I can't say because I am only destruction. But I would love a much simpler way of understanding how to get Vp's

Take the Keep defence in TM yesterday they outnumbered us 4-1 in Bloodfist and we were killing them constantly for 40 minutes with very few losses to ourselves yet our vp's tally did not reflect that at all.

The way it work added into the fact that people are blatantly going against the majority of the realms wishes and capping a pointless BO for 1k rp's really started to get to me yesterday. It takes a handful of people to throw away 2-3 hours work from many and it should not be like that at all.

Please sort it out.

Gj to order yesterdaay was epic!!!!!

I can agree with this.
Would be nice to know better how the contributions work.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
In order to control a zone, players need to win scenarios associated with that zone, do quests, and kill players in that zone.
Which means that doing quests and holding keeps/bo's isn't enough. You also need to win scenarios and kill players.

Everything counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom