[INFO] Removal of Intro Logo/Movie & FAster loading times

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
certainly works - hopefully not against EULA :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I wonder, it's modifying files which is against the EULA. Second page someone describes what it does and why it's against the EULA, then the thread was closed. But you don't accept the EULA before these videos so wonder if it's covered ;o

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
lol, ALL you have to do to get rid of the movie is to remove or move the file from the warhammer folder... its called video.myp

Nate

FH is my second home
Maybe I'm special but I have no video.myp anyway ;o

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Why the fuss? just delete the video intros and thats it like Crimson said. No need for some exe or mod etc.Havent seen a vid intro since day one ;)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Downloaded clients also don't have it - my D2D one doesn't

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Yeh no intro movies for me without having to do anything.

I'd be interested though in anything that makes the clunker of a client load faster at the start.

Actually one thing Mythic still have to fix is to stop the client from locking the PC if there is a prompt from another application - this happens a lot when they update a patch and the firewall wants to know if its ok to let the updated version access the internet. This drives me bonkers. On Vista, the OS can sometimes (but not always) get around it. On XP its a lockup every time. The only way around it is to force a restart on the system and update the firewall info before launching WAR. Very bad client programming for a network application and a hangover from the DAoC days because its behaving in exactly the same way.

Nate

FH is my second home
This file makes it so once you've pressed play you are straight at the EULA, so you don't get the loading EA screen.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I want a fix so that it doesn't take 5 minutes for the game to close after I go on exit.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
No video here either.

They should make the flying movies optional though.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
they're not actually movies, but I agree - the animated flying sequences should be optional as they're annoying after the 10th time!

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
It's still nice when you compare it to "that other game" where you fly all the way in real time. Meaning some flights take 10-15 minutes.
edit: Kinda reminds me of doing old epic quests riding on horse in old daoc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom