remote server admin

M

maddog_taw

hello all
i was wondering if someone could give me advice on remote admining a game cos i have server time booked for thursday night and dont really have a clue,i read the forum and downloaded bf remote manager like it said, i have taken a look at the program and it seems pretty straight forward but when do i use it ,at the start of the booked time, and if im in game and want to change something do i quit out and change it and join again.i have never done anything like this so any advice would be welcome.
thanks in advance
maddog

S

Scooba Da Bass

Once the booking is live stick in the ip and port for the server. Any changes you make will stick around until you change the map. Once the map changes you'll need to reset anything you've changed again. Because of this it's best to set major stuff at the time of booking.

M

maddog_taw

scooba thanks for a quick reply
that answered a lot of my questions in one go, thanks again mate.

maddog.

G

Gumbo

Originally posted by maddog_taw
hello all
i was wondering if someone could give me advice on remote admining a game cos i have server time booked for thursday //

-> and if im in game and want to change something do i quit out and change it and join again.

For changing and restarting maps etc, Just alt-tab and change it, and when you alt-tab back in again it will be magically changing.

Though like Scoob said some settings you may have changed will have returned back to the original settings again, bf1942 is not easily adminned I'm afraid.

M

maddog_taw

thanks a lot guys
i will report back if i have any probs tonite, thanks again
maddog

Users who are viewing this thread