remember when....

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Cartoons were much better in the 80's > early 90's.. and I don't think I'm being nostalgic. Cities of gold, Visionaries, Dungeons & Dragons, Ulyses 31, even Batfink!

And then you had those Panini sticker albums, where many kids had their first taste of bargaining... and deception!

Probably the most unforgivable memory of childhood is thinking how cool it would be to be on Jim'll fix it :eek7:

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still a child... And it isen´t all that good people say it is :D

That being said, I´ve tried working and all that stuff of course. And it is far better being a kid, at that point =)

BUt well... I still remember being younger :D

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
I'm still a child... And it isn´t all that good people say it is :D

That being said, I´ve tried working and all that stuff of course. And it is far better being a kid, at that point =)

BUt well... I still remember being younger :D

Well, were all old gits, so we have the benefit of experience (I.E. age) so were fonder of our childhoods, were things like working, responsibility, the complexities of dating and stress happened to other people.

Looking back on it, you can't help but feel a longing for those times once more. Besides, the scripts were alot better in those shows anyway (Just tried to watch an episode of Yu-gi-ho, couldn't understand shit) as you didn't have to watch 150 episodes just to find out what the main plot was.

After all, if you over complicate a cartoon, it doesn't become a pleasure to watch, it becomes a chore.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
Well, were all old gits, so we have the benefit of experience (I.E. age) so were fonder of our childhoods, were things like working, responsibility, the complexities of dating and stress happened to other people.

Looking back on it, you can't help but feel a longing for those times once more. Besides, the scripts were alot better in those shows anyway (Just tried to watch an episode of Yu-gi-ho, couldn't understand shit) as you didn't have to watch 150 episodes just to find out what the main plot was.

After all, if you over complicate a cartoon, it doesn't become a pleasure to watch, it becomes a chore.

Don´t watch the Japanese stuff... It´s just too weird. Either it´s complicated and you have to follow it every time it´s on, or else you don't understand what the hell the cartoon is even about. Mostly it´s both of them actually, so even if you see it everytime it´s there you don´t understand shit :p

Well, I stopped watching the cartoons when I couldn´t pull myself out of the bed at 6 o'clock in the morning anymore :p

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol y would u ever want to go back to childhood? it was boring.. u were constantly scolded for doing things, no free will from your parents:| ignorance to what was happening in the world around you, getting bullyed.. no i think life now is better:) no weed!!!!! yes being a child must have suxed now i remember:| only good thing i remember was stealing alcohol from my dads cabinet :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ok had a bit of a mind stretch the other night, who remembers :

Wonder Woman!! <and her lassoo>

The Green Hornet (bruce lee was his side kick i think)

BatMan .......... Adam West, not the fluffy rubber suited ones of the movies.

The Increadible Hulk <series>

and that one about the bionic man where the music went wooo wooo woooo the 58 million doller man or something.

that cartoon with spiderman, fire girl and the iceman (dont know name was too young and too stoned off me fathers spliff smoke to remember it, seriously on my fith birthday when all my mates were eating jelly and playing pass the parcel i was layed out on the couch listening to dark side of the moon and craving cheese)

& ofc A-team

how can we get these shows back???
I'd personally run nekkid through tv producers houses and yell "If you dont bring em back i aint putting me clothes back on!!" used to love watching them when i was having me dinner.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
ooooooooook, I remember all of those shows (dear god!).

The one with spiderman, firestar and iceman was a cast off from the avengers cartoons from the arly seventees (they were all characters that joined the avenger, but had to leave as they were college students as well). And so the cartoon was born. I remember it was on after The adventures of Godzilla (and Godzukki) on a saturday morning. I think it wa s a late 70's cartoon though that was played long after it was cancelled.

Anyone remember torbo teen? It only got played once as I rememebr, but the theme-tune sound so much like 'Busted', here http://80scartoons.co.uk/turboteen.mp3 have a listen.

As for the "running naked" bit, i have a much better idea. all tied to seats on a room with no air conditioning, feed them spicy indian food, and just leave them to stew for an hour. They'll do ANYTHING for the bathroom (and fresh air) afterwards! :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg godzilla and baby godzilla!!! this turbo teen track is actually better than a lot of chart stuff............ so sad.

bet none of you remember that cartoon about the vampire rabbit though do you? i only recall bits of it but am sure it really did exist.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
The Tomorrow People, and Dr Who on a Saturday evening. Davros and the Master were the best baddies. The Hobbit on the ZX81 ? took 15 minutes to load off a cassette, never managed to finish it couldn't get past the barrels :(

Listening to the Radio in the morning because there was no TV on, seeing the test card come up, waiting for the white dot and the eeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Nostalgia, tis a wonderful thing, I had a good childhood, I hope I can give my kids something similar. I know it will not be the same, 30 years is a long time, we live in a different country now.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom