remember when....

Ezteq

Queen of OT
you had to stand on the toilet to brush your teeth?

when the christmas tree seemed HUGE and now you look at it its only 4foot

when saturday mornings were "Going Live!!" with gordon the gopher... and where is Ed the duck now?

when 50p was your pocket moeny and you could go buy sherbert dib dabs, a jamboree bag, sherbert spaceships and those little chocolate buttons with sugar multi coloured sprinkels on em.

racing home from school and watching He-Man,jace and the wheeled warriors, Thundercats, Bucky O'Hare and you wernt allowed to watch grange hill cos of the "Bad Influence!"

saturday evenings with the muppet show, sunday mornings with fraggle rock

never being able to make those little paper mystic predictor thingies where you pick a number and a colour and then get told your fortune which some girl from class could always make in 2 seconds flat.

climbing too high and getting stuck, you get that sinking feeling when you know youve just gone too far..

never being able to see through hannibal's disguises and being amazed that the nun with stubble and a stogie was really him.

making yourself sick with chocolate at easter and your bloody sibling saving their eggs and tormenting you with them.

trying to dislodge a wobbly tooth with some string and a door handle, all that pain for 20p from the tooth fairy!

finding a dead cat on the way to school and having indepth discussions about it at break time.

wet breaks, the beno & fast foward magazine and being able to sit on the tables.

forgetting your PE kit and having to do gym in your pants and vest, thinking your going to die of shame.

the feeling when you finally are able to ride a bike with out someone holding on to the back of the saddle, how wobbly you feel then the wind rushing past your face, then the ground coming up to meet you.

swimming with out arm bamds for the first time, how naked you felt? kind of like an oven ready chicken.

being friends with someone and not being able to imagine not having them, being friends forever, wonder where they are now?

your best friend moving away, the sadness.

getting stung by a bee and showing the stinger to everyone to prove that yes it really was that big!

i bloody miss those times, but would i go back to being a kid if i had the choice?...... nah, things are always better when you look back on them.

hope these jogged a few momories for you and maybe made you smile, feel free to add some memories of your own :touch:

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
i miss being small and older girls call me cute :<

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
God I feel old.....
Thanks Ezteq, now I feel relay shitty about myself. I wonder if any of my old favourite cartoons are available on DVD? Anyone Remember Fizeball XL5 or Terrahawks?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I know one thing I don't miss, being the 'tall' kid.
Then having all the angsty 'short' kids trying to pick fights with you. I always lost out on that:
If I 'let' (Ahem...) myself get beaten shitless I’d get picked on more. People would call me names, and the 'short' kid would lord it over me until I lost my rag and we arrive in scenario B. In which I defend myself and get told off by the teacher for 'picking' on people shorter than me! :(

They should have warning labels on baby-food

*WARNING, EARLY GROWTH SPURTS CAN CAUSE EMOTIONAL DAMAGE!* ;)

Nice post though, very nostalgic :)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Ah yes, the good old days. But like you said, everything seems better than it really was by memory, as you tend to only remember the good things about something and not the things that you really didn't like much.

Like I sometimes think back to when I was at school and feel nostalgic about having fun in lessons, the kind of fun you can really only have at school (i.e. taking the piss out of teachers or other kids, seeing your mates get in trouble, throwing people's exercise books out of windows and so on)... then I remember that 9 out of every 10 of my lessons were actually as boring as shit and I would always dread having to try to think up another excuse for why my maths/science/english/history coursework wasn't in yet before the teachers would "ring my parents". Of course, they never did - I always knew they were bluffing anyway. :p Anyways I'm babbling a load of shit so I'd better stop.

Oh boy, now that I actually think about it, I sure am glad that I won't ever have to go to school again.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
None of those ring a bell... mostly 'cause im finnish..

I do wonder where my imaginary friend, black panthie went. Haven't talked to her though.Maybe she's around still.

Actually managed to go through a weekend without being bored when i didn't "hit the bar/club".

Wondering what's the point in learning the stuff in school....no wait...still do...never did use them as our teachers threathened us. "You'll need algebra!" Bah. As if.

The times i wasn't Teh Seel....hmm...that was odd...in all it's irony...

When i actually believed in -one- god. Egomaniac that one. Me me me me me...worse them Smith.

Gotta put more when i think of them...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
aww alot of those things brought memories back, except I never had 50p :(

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Ah! I remember watching Transformers ( I was only girls in my class that watched it and had most of the transformer toys ) And being able to pick on the younger kids and not get blamed for it becuase I looked like an inocent little girl :kissit:

I do miss being a kid, getting into trouble was great, climbing tree's and falling out of them was awsome (even if it did hurt), Having all the other girls get jealous because the boys liked me better as I wasnt a girlie type of girl that played with Dolls :puke:

Bring back my Childhood! :mad:

EDIT: I remember more .... Sitting on a skateboard and rolling down the steapest hill you can find as fast as you can. And burning bugs with magnifying things, When on a long Journey in your parents car, you would stick your head out of the window whilst on the motorway (prob could/still do that) Or running up and down on a train while its moving, Sneaking into Cinema's and Swimming pools without Paying.

This post really made me smile :fluffle:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
pixieblue said:
Having all the other girls get jealous because the boys liked me better as I wasnt a girlie type of girl that played with Dolls :puke:

I can make other girls jealous of you again :sex:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Jace and wheeled warriors owned! :D

had discussion with old guildies cant remember what they told me, cartoon that I just loved think it was called city of gold or something along those lines. Bringem back!! :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Don't want to remember how I were when lil. :<

Tho, best bit was no responsabilities back then :p

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Jace and the wheeled warriors is still on, watch Fox Kids(now known as Jetix) late at night and there are a few old cartoons on, Shaman King, Jaceand the wheeled warriors - and a few others....

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
but would i go back to being a kid if i had the choice?...... nah, things are always better when you look back on them.
:

Can i have your "go back to being a kid ticket" then please. providing i could take the knowledge i have now with me.

Entering school through the car-park and not even noticing which teachers had an austin metro and which had the Jaguar

Spending your pocket money on those lovely coke bottles that made your eyes squint, without having to save 60% of the funds to pay the government, or utility companies

Doing your homework in a mad rush the following morning so you dont get a detention and not even contemplating working all night from home slogging away on an urgent business proposal so you dont get the sack the following day

Going out for a bike ride with your mates and getting a puncture.. then pushing the bikes the whole 2 miles home, not even realising one day youll be 200 miles from home, in a heavy downpoor when your car engine ceases, with no AA cover

Outlander

Part of the furniture
pixieblue said:
Jace and the wheeled warriors is still on, watch Fox Kids(now known as Jetix) late at night and there are a few old cartoons on, Shaman King, Jaceand the wheeled warriors - and a few others....

;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Mysterious Cities of Gold, got a link http://80scartoons.co.uk/ you'll probobly have to look through it to find it.
Has loadsof 1980's cartoons in it to remember by. Just been going through some, remembering the good old cartoons. Remember the Paw Paw Bears? The Origional Robotech? How about Tony Harts "Morph" character?

It's almost all there, take a look.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg omg omg willy fog!! trap door DONT YOU OPEN THAT TRAP DOOR!!! COS THERES SOMETHING DOWN THERE!!! flumps!! aaah aaaaaah aaaaaaah too muuuuuuch!!!!! MUwahahahahahaha, btw binks my sister is going to love you. she's been living in australia for 20 years and keeps asking me about flumps etc so i sent her this link, her husband on the other hand may want to shoot you.

city of gold was ace, muskahounds! "bark bark bark bark bark bark bark muskahounds are always ready, one for all and all for one bark bark bark bark..." and when i cant sleep my bf sings the theme from button moon for me, we found a button moon poster in virgin mega store and its over the bed now lol,

for any A-Team fans out there Asda have a dvd box set from series one i think, im seriously considering buying a dvd player just for this tbh.

:worthy:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Gordon the Gopher!!!
Me is sooo old, my saturday mornings were.

SwapShop!!
doodoodoodeedoodee.

My first computer experience was a green screen Pericom, writing in basic at the school computer club.
I remember 5 1/4 inch floppies.

256 colours, windows 3.1, 1mb graphics cards.

I watched them land on the Moon fercrissakes.

Just goes to show oldies can still be sad.

And you know it was better then, people had an innocent approach to life that we'll never ,ever see again.

adorf

Fledgling Freddie
i miss then, going out with the hotest girl in the school :p always was meh! :p and getting off with her ifron of every one, just made me feel the big man, and being the hard boy :p in low years: D

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
the times when parents collected you from school and bought you a 10p'mix-up' :)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
EZ... Enough of this kinda thread please...

It's bad enough that I'm gonna turn 30 this year (Man I'm gonna QQ all that day) and I'm trying damn hard to forget about it...

Sadly, I just read this and noticed that I remember each and every on of those programs (and more besides) which probably does classify me as an oldie anyway...

But still the worst bit is where you see the odd Policeman or shop worker and think 'Hell, they look far too young to be working'

Looks like my QQing is gonna start early this year:(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Dakkath said:
EZ... Enough of this kinda thread please...

It's bad enough that I'm gonna turn 30 this year (Man I'm gonna QQ all that day) and I'm trying damn hard to forget about it...

Sadly, I just read this and noticed that I remember each and every on of those programs (and more besides) which probably does classify me as an oldie anyway...

But still the worst bit is where you see the odd Policeman or shop worker and think 'Hell, they look far too young to be working'

Looks like my QQing is gonna start early this year:(

dont QQ man, my bf is 30, 30 year olds are tres sexeh \o/

hehehe i know what you mean about the policemen the otherday i saw a pram going past with flashers on and a siren, no joke the coppers looked about 4 years old lol :touch:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Binky the Bomb said:
Mysterious Cities of Gold, got a link http://80scartoons.co.uk/ you'll probobly have to look through it to find it.
Has loadsof 1980's cartoons in it to remember by. Just been going through some, remembering the good old cartoons. Remember the Paw Paw Bears? The Origional Robotech? How about Tony Harts "Morph" character?

It's almost all there, take a look.

Thank you so much!! amagawd nearly in tears memories brought back from cities of gold theme tune :clap: Br :wub: lliant!!

Marc

FH is my second home
A team ownd

They could make a sherman tank out of a yoghurt pot and a piece of string

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I remember an episode where they took a beat up old car and an elevator, yes an elevator, and covered the outside of the car with the metal sheet plating from the elevator, mounted lots of guns and bingo! armoured :clap: evul person destroying mobile!

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
80smobile.jpg

From that 80scartoons.co.uk site. ^_^​

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Mysterious Cities of Gold = prolly best kids cartoon ever made. Don't make that kinda of quality anymore :(.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Battle of the planets is prob my fav cartoon of all time , while Cites fo gold was deadly, noting beats your first big action cartoon =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom