Film Remaking the Crow

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If it's good, it's good. Don't give two tosses if it's a reboot or not.

Will wait to see on its own merits, then say. Different movies.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
As long as Mark Wahlberg dies during the making of it I'll be happy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, he's not that bad. Not as good as matt damon(which i always confuse with wahlberg for some reason), but steady enough.

Thing is though; remaking a movie won't ruin anything. It's just another version, like someone telling a joke a bit differently. This surely is a different crow, and let's not forget that there was a TV show already and it worked rather well too.

They could for example make the crow a bit rougher around the edges, while brandon threw it towards the joker style. More brutal perhaps, boxer not a ninja if you will.

Not to mention, it's not like it's been a long time since the last crow movie. If this starts a similar "reboot" series that batman started, we just have to wait and see if it's good instead of hang onto our fandicks like little boys at the mans house who offered candy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shit actor, shit idea.

Leave it the fuck alone, it isn't even that old for fucks sake. I don't mind remakes of really old films but what's the point of spoiling a modernish film?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Could someone explain the "leave it alone" thing?

Are they coming in big black vans to rewrite over your classic vhs?

Is the original crow disappearing somewhere?

Do you have to see it so it "ruins your memory"?

What is your argument for not making the movie?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So Marky Mark is making *another* revenge film where his family is killed. I'm quite sure it will also be shit.

As long as Mark Wahlberg dies during the making of it I'll be happy.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't understand the idea that a remake "spoils" the original. It does no such thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jeesus. The only reason the first one did any box office was that crow died and goths are a bunch of morbid bastards.

The original was shit. So this'll be a shitter version of shit.

Like browner brown :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I liked the original film. Not a fan of anything that came after. I'm interested to see how this goes. Not hyped about it but not dismissing it either.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The original was solid, at the time(with the competition) it surely stood out. These days it's not that special, but it's as entertaining as anything else from that time.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I also for once agree with Scouse.

also Mark Wahlberg helped bring us Boardwalk Empire, so stop being idiots :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
He was also the lead in Max Payne, which is a pretty similar role to the one he'd play in The Crow.

He was fucking awful in it.

He isn't terrible all of the time, just quite often.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
NO!
Just... NO!

The Crow is one of my all-time favourite films.
Story, style, casting, soundtrack... all come together make a unique film.

Remakes *CAN* be done right (Star Trek reboot for example) but more often than not are done badly.
Nightmare of Elm Street, The Omen, Friday 13th, Planet of the Apes...

Oh look, there's a remake that Marky Mark was in... and it was PANNED!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
He was also the lead in Max Payne, which is a pretty similar role to the one he'd play in The Crow.

Well, similarities starting with "family killed" and ending in "family killed" :D

Otherwise a new york cop with an attitude problem is quite far from a guitar player of a band turned vengeful spirit.

Zenith, then don't watch it :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't understand the idea that a remake "spoils" the original. It does no such thing.

Its makes no difference to the original film. It's still going to be utter shit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
They're both essentially revenge movies.

Well in that case, i guess punisher, machete, commando and mean girls fits his role too :p

Its makes no difference to the original film. It's still going to be utter shit.

I don't mind people going "It's going to be sh*t" or "I'll never watch this utter piece of garbage", or some such notion, i respect their choice to do so. I don't however really care for silly notions like Tom referred to. Illogical, ridicilous argument and as such, blibleh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom