News Remains found on the Yorkshire Moores

Gray

FH is my second home
Was checking the internet on my phone earlier on. It seems some "remains" have been found. The area was notorious for the murders of children by Moira Hindley and Ian Brady.

BBC NEWS | England | Bradford | Police investigate moor 'remains'

Really hope its the little boy Keith. Always remember the story through the years how they never located his body, nor did Moira tell them where he was. Recall how Keith's mum has always maintained a search for him.

Hope it is, and not some hoax/animal!

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Was checking the internet on my phone earlier on. It seems some "remains" have been found. The area was notorious for the murders of children by Moira Hindley and Ian Brady.

BBC NEWS | England | Bradford | Police investigate moor 'remains'

Really hope its the little boy Keith. Always remember the story through the years how they never located his body, nor did Moira tell them where he was. Recall how Keith's mum has always maintained a search for him.

Hope it is, and not some hoax/animal!

Huddersfield.

A force spokesman said: "It is unclear whether or not the remains are human and enquiries are ongoing." The discovery is not thought to be connected to the Moors Murders.

Seems its probably not though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Met Winnie Johnson a few years back. Extremely moving interview, I was in full 'disguise tears' mode.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
BTW they were the remains of a Sheep.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
BTW they were the remains of a Sheep.

easy mistake to make tbh.

they should have got that forensic guy from the bill. he would have sussed it in seconds.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
easy mistake to make tbh.

No. Pretty fucking hard actually (lived with an osteologist and funerary archaeologist for 7 years). The fact that it got to news should tell you all you need to know about the standards of journalism in this country.

"We've found a skelly on the moors"

Beeb: "Cool! Have the forensic team turned up yet?"

"No"

Beeb: "Could be a sheep then, considering the moors are full of 'em?"

"Yep"

Beeb: "Fuck it. Lets not bother asking any questions and put a "maybe" story up on our website and link it to the murders. It's good for ratings..."

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Did they find trems semen up its arse?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
No. Pretty fucking hard actually (lived with an osteologist and funerary archaeologist for 7 years). The fact that it got to news should tell you all you need to know about the standards of journalism in this country.

"We've found a skelly on the moors"

Beeb: "Cool! Have the forensic team turned up yet?"

"No"

Beeb: "Could be a sheep then, considering the moors are full of 'em?"

"Yep"

Beeb: "Fuck it. Lets not bother asking any questions and put a "maybe" story up on our website and link it to the murders. It's good for ratings..."

haha yea, I love it, I know I do southpark analogies of everything but it reminds me of the "two days befor the day after tomorow" episode:

Reporter: "We cant actually get into the city but we're reporting acts of looting, rape and yes, even cannibalism within the city center"
News Anchorman: "wow, you've actually seen people cannibalising eachother?"
Reporter: "No chuck, but thats what we're reporting"
News Anchorman: "I see, and whats the death toll reported to be at?"
Reporter: "Well the population of Beaverton was around 50 thousand when the dam broke chuck, but we're reporting that the deathtoll is actually as high as 23 billion at the moment"

I assume there must be a fair amount of decent reporters out there somewhere, but they dont seem to make the front page often :( By and large the media seem to be little more than gossip merchants and shit stirrers.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
In defence of the beeb, the police *were* called out to check on the remains. That in itself is worthy of a news stub I think.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The fact that it got to news should tell you all you need to know about the standards of journalism in this country.
Hardly. Even the first version of the story clearly stated it wasnt believed to have any connection to the murders.

Dont let that stop you going on a Daily-Mail-tastic rant though.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
As long as they aren't reporting nuclear detonation and foreign troops invading the south coast I don't mind the odd pointless story. At least it means there's bugger all of consequence (meaning bad for us) going on for that particular day. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If it's a pointless story then they're wasting our time. But with the amount of entertainment "news" about I guess they've been doing that for years...

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Well the way I see it that's a good thing. 'Entertainment news' is tedious and pointless, we don't have to read/watch it, but it means we're pretty much at peace and nothing really bad is happening - here at home I mean.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah. It just means that with the advent of 24hour news channels they have to fill the airtime with any old shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom