Relicraids done?

S

salamurhaaja

After making keeps harder to take, correct if I'm wrong, but have we only seen 1 relicraid? Made by hibs to take mid power relics.

Would be fun to see some changing around here, even though relicraids would be made by 2 am in the monday morning.

Many people have 2 or more lvl50 characters, usually the opposites: mage & melee. Would be more fun to play one another when they got little edge by relics.

Sad thing about is that people are getting used to this situation. Do you think that infils would be so popular if they don't have 20%? Week after week infils take most rp's from alb characters. If mids got 20% spell damage, I'm sure people would role more casters. 20% is so huge edge.

Best thing would be there wouldn't be any relics, but that would take away 1 element of game away. Albs have benefit from relics longest time atm, I hope that it will turn to hibs or mids in the near future.

Hopefully we more relicraids in the future and succesful ones, made by any realm !!

P.s Plz, hibs, next rr to albs, mkay?

G

Garbannoch Nox

every hib would prefer to snatch the strength relics from the albs - problem is that the current game engine cannot handle the alb/hib population involved in such a raid (as we have seen twice already)

S

shilak

There have been a few relic raid attempts since the last patch, but the new tougher guards make direct attempts on the relic keep itself pretty much impossible, and the new alerts mean that any keep take must be done with a skilled team before defence arrives or with very large numbers.

Problem with dropping keeps with large numbers is that it instantly warns a realm that a RR is taking place. The other problem is that there are few skilled keep take teams in existance anymore as you now need 4fgs rather than 2fgs to take most keeps.

Hopefully next patch will open things up again as use of corpse summoners will mean more drawn out relic raids where the doors will be beaten down over several waves. Of course Excalibur is in dire need of upgraded servers as the current ones just lag out and die when you get 200+ ppl on each side in the same zone. GOA has led us to believe that we will soon see new servers with double the performance and memory, lets just pray they do it soon.

C

CBH_Music

relic raids are near impossible now :/ and i dont think servers are the problem of zone crash, it's bad programming i think - cause they stil have problems on the -us server i think.
and as said above, with the new alert system and tougher guards etc, u cant get to relic keep unnoticed anymore.

the alert system itself i cool imo, but should only include keep guards and not patrols (area where alert trigger would be fired would be smaller). that way u could take keeps and move u main force to the relic unnoticed.

and for str relics :) well (lol). dont think we see them in other places than excalibur castle ;) we hibs have had some real nice attempts on excalibur, where we even had the element of surprise, but with bindstone in savage castle (other portal keeps), the force albs can gather in no time is just to huge (when u can release and go back in under ? 3-5mins) guess same goes for mids/hibs (when/if we ever get relic close to our portal keeps)

F

Flimgoblin

There have been attempts...

however you can't do jack these days without some spy posting it somewhere.

:rolleyes:

M

mirak_naijmi

What people havent learned is that it isnt having the largest force who wins. Taking a relic can be done in 30 mins. Who can react to that? Noone....

L

lac_desariel

Since the last patch Myself and Darksbane have tried for the Power Relic Hib holds 3 times, to be foiled all 3 times first by a server crash, and the next 2 times by spies... They are happening but the odds are more than stacked against, but when you think off what the game is about and the 3 way war taking a Relic should be and is the hardest thing to accomplish..... But is is possible I belive thats why i keep going back to the Drawning board each time to tweak and ut right what went wrong or can be improved

A

Aule Valar

lets say excal is being hit, within 5 minutes us albs will know about this due to gaurds screaming for help/dying
another 5 mins later at least half the albs in emain will have suicided
give it another 5 minutes and albs will be leaving sauvage in droves
within 20 minutes (at most probably) a relic keep like excal that is next to pk will be very heavily reinforced, even if the initial defenders are repulsed they delay the attackers, and waves of defenders will grow ever larger, and most likely be res sick, giving no rps either

K

Kicks

imo relics should be easier to take, reduce guard lvls and the alert system should be removed (or even better delayed by 10mins or so (the time it would take for a messenger to reach the guild concerned) this would be more realistic imo and make raids easier and therefore more of them and more fun for all :)

then again I never been on a RR and so I know jack shit :)

S

shilak

Or better still, move the damn teleport pads from the frontier keeps to the respective realm capital and then remove the bind stones from all frontier keeps so that it isnt as simple as suiciding and running 2mins to get to the relic keep.

Midgard have proved several times over the past months that it is possible to get a defensive force to a relic keep in time to successfully defend against a raid.

B

belth

Could we first get a Power relic keep that can be defended?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

What people havent learned is that it isnt having the largest force who wins. Taking a relic can be done in 30 mins. Who can react to that? Noone....

Not true in the case of Excalibur.

0 mins : Raiding force turn up
5 mins : Guards pulled and beaten silly
10 mins : Rams set up outside door
11 mins : Alliance chat is filled with warnings of a relic raid
11:30 mins : Sauavge is swarmed with Albs trying to protect their relic
15 mins : Invaders all dead. Albs go home for tea and crumpets.

:D

In the case of an extra huge raid...

0 mins : Raiding force turn up
5 mins : Guards pulled and beaten silly
10 mins : Rams set up outside door
11 mins : Alliance chat is filled with warnings of a relic raid
11:30 mins : Sauavge is swarmed with Albs trying to protect their relic
11:31 mins : Zone crashes, everyone is booted from game and raiding party cry themselves to sleep. :)

:D

R

Runolaz

Sadly cuz of zone-crash etc. Doing primtime RR specially on Excalibur is impossible.

I'm sure that every Albion is adviced to show up, even if lvl 1, cuz the lag that the Albion population creats is infact the biggest threat.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

No we don't, you gimp! We tell everyone to get their arses to Excalibur to protect the relic. We don't like zone crashes anymore than you do.

Don't tell me that your realm doesn't do the same.

"Only send about 50 people to defend the relic, guys. We may risk the relic by sending a piss poor defence force but at least the zone won't crash!"

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
No we don't, you gimp! We tell everyone to get their arses to Excalibur to protect the relic. We don't like zone crashes anymore than you do.

Don't tell me that your realm doesn't do the same.

"Only send about 50 people to defend the relic, guys. We may risk the relic by sending a piss poor defence force but at least the zone won't crash!"

...gimp!! sir your a twat...

I was refering to the fact that RR is not possible to do Primetime, cuz the SERVERS etc can handle it. I don't think I need to repeat EVERYTHING that ppl wrote b4 me.

The lag is bad for everybody, but the defender benefits most from it.

S

shilak

Originally posted by belth
Could we first get a Power relic keep that can be defended?
What is this crap? Alb physically unable to reach the power relic keep? Sorry but I dont think so. More likely that 95% of Albion dont know where it is because they never bothered to even look. Alb power relic keep isnt any harder to defend than the Mid power relic keep, as the both frontiers have a fairly similar layout. Yes, its harder to defend than your strength relic keep but that is part of the game and makes defending it successfully more of an achievement.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by mirak_naijmi

Ookkk, off you go then sunbeam...

I wait with baited breath, because considerably more talented people with larger and smaller armies than you seem to suggest have been unable to do it.

But of course you clearly know best :p

I can see the response in /gu now "A guard from your keep has been slightly wounded with 4 enemies in the area, the broken nail will be fixed by surgery soon, Mirak was dispatched in short order"

/gu <snore>

Oh and for your information, ANY realm and I mean ANY realm can respond to a relic raid within 10 mins, Hibs, Albs and Mids can respond with a zone crashing force within 15 mins..

Users who are viewing this thread