Relic Raids - how they should be!

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, hold on people think it's time for all of you Mids/Albs/Hibs ask yourself this.

I's it not fun to do a RelicRaid as in old day's where you had massive epic battles against many players and where the forces pushed back and forth , where the outcome chenged from a Mids POV as they are winning and suddenly 2fg albs crashed in the side of the mids advancing army and created mayhem , confusion and made the mids fall back to face this new battle and so on the battle continues untill one of the sides get's tired to defend/attack.In the midst of this confusion between 2 armies fighting the Hibs come with a great amount of numbers to fight whoever they see with no caring of friend or foe and starts killing everyone and now we have us a GRAND Battle of 3 side warfare this is what Dark Age of Camelot is this is what we pay for.

i have fond memories of following arda defending midland from albs RR from 16.00 cet - 02.00 cet and when finally fought 'em back we march against albion and try and take there's and fight untill 08.00 cet and finally come home with 1 Relic.

these thing's are what made Daoc to the biggest Player vs Player game with massive numbers fighting with cordinated attacks. This is what we wan't , This is what we like , This is what we ALL wan't casual player or hardcore player , be honest you all since this is what you wan't.

now salute to all and hope we can get this back !

yours truly

/Berget Stenman - Teslacoil the horny shaman !

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
Then the 4 players that lded with crap computers and net connections :p
But was Real fun
Bring it on

Minizurk - Bored in work

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
we want morning raids cus they're so fucking challenging :worthy:

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
these thing's are what made Daoc to the biggest Player vs Player game with massive numbers fighting with cordinated attacks. This is what we wan't , This is what we like , This is what we ALL wan't casual player or hardcore player , be honest you all since this is what you wan't.

No, that is what you want. Not everyone want zergy battle with less than 5fps. I know that at least I dont want that and am quite sure there are a few others that prefer other types of rvr.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
You can do raids for relics that are held in keeps that way, you can't when the relics are behind closed gates. To raid those takes a long period of time, many hours, even days. That can be fun too...it's just a very different way of raiding. :)

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
rure said:
No, that is what you want. Not everyone want zergy battle with less than 5fps. I know that at least I dont want that and am quite sure there are a few others that prefer other types of rvr.

I enjoy fg vs fg fights most ! no hmm not enjoy wrong word , i Relish fg vs fg fight's i LOVE them , but the ones i spoke of in first post is something i wan't more of cause they are really fun , to see all realms struggling in cordination with 1 strong leader in each that everyone follows ( alb's had outlaw and zoyster , mids had ardamel and ladonna, hibs i can't recall the names but i think DH had a great part in it ) , these are no more, i like RP when it happens , the event's goa gives us is great , it's something else to do from all the ordinary rvr! ;)

/Berget

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah those raids were fun, however they were also very difficult to lead and had limited chances of success, and these days theres much strongers spells about for dealing with zergs camping a spot and defending from it (titans, storms, nodes etc).

Ultimatly one side is going to get farmed, and no one wants to be that side.

Also the major differance now is the keeps themselves, before a relic minded zerg would try and take down enemy keeps as they progress to the relic to get rid of the uber relic guards, which meant you had a large force edging its way from keep to keep forward allowing the enemy several chances to out manouver them and fight back and actually gave the relic raiders insentive to take all the other keeps.

The only way you could bring that back in any limited form would be to add those same uber guards to keeps with relics but link them with that keeps towers instead, making the attackers want to take down all 4 towers first before trying the main keep.

That would at least spread out the battle, giving reason to defend and attack the towers, not just the doors, and giving the defenders the option to send a task force to take back a tower thats further away.

RvR is always changing though, and one thing i've noticed is that its rarely for the better and will never go back to how it was, so you just have to learn how to enjoy what it is now.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
to see all realms struggling in cordination with 1 strong leader in each that everyone follows ( alb's had outlaw and zoyster)

LOOOL, dont think they ever lead anything but the zerg in Emain :p

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Tiarta said:

they were leading something , i know there was one other fella who cordinated alot of rr's from alb's side but sadly i don't remeber he's name so please correct me who it was. btw laughing OUT OUT OUT loud is a new strange word for me, do you know how to type or was it a misstype ?

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Peaches said:
Herbal led a few relic raids for albs

ahhh yes herbal it was, the man that returned the relic to the hibs after mids suicided with it infront of atk ;) a proud man so to speak ;)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
There isnt much new people starting to play daoc. That means that the average age of players now is 3 years higher than it was before.
I belive that it was mostly younger players that changed game to example Wow, if im correct that will raise the average age of players 1-5 more years.

With a player base that is 4-8 years older there is much higher risk/chanse that people actualy working, have harder studies or maybe grown up and just not playing that much.

And wola you now have a game that is less active during work hours and late night.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Tiarta said:

Actually having playing with them they spent most of their time trying to loose the zerg that followed them about.

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
I had alot of fun in relic raids in old frontiers sadly the relic raids i have taken part in on NF havent really excited me as much.

Even relic defences dont have the same urgent buzz around em like they use two, but that is in my opinion im sure not everyone has the same experiance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom