Release Dates

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Eep!

1. Space trading (with a bit of combat, exploration and lots of economy)
2. Strangely, no though there's strong rumours of a MMORPG add-on.
3. I think so, yes. Opinion is divided.
4. Not really. I have a 1.4GHz Athlon, 1GB RAM and a Ti4800 and it runs very well indeed at 1024x768. It have a very good 2x anti-aliasing though, so the resolution is not really a factor.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Summo said:
Eep!

1. Space trading (with a bit of combat, exploration and lots of economy)
2. Strangely, no though there's strong rumours of a MMORPG add-on.
3. I think so, yes. Opinion is divided.
4. Not really. I have a 1.4GHz Athlon, 1GB RAM and a Ti4800 and it runs very well indeed at 1024x768. It have a very good 2x anti-aliasing though, so the resolution is not really a factor.

if I were a girl I'd sit on my scanner and mail it to you Mr Summo*, you've like totally sold me dude :)

*I can still do this if you want**
**may be lies

Summo

Loyal Freddie
I have a triple-range scanner so I can get detailed info on the whole sector!

It took a lot of perseverance and a fair bit of web-research to get to grips with X2. I'm a believer that the manual should tell you how the game works, how the ships compare, what the weapons are, what the upgrades actually do. You shouldn't have to rely on fan websites to give you the specs of each ship, ffs.

If you get the game, Andola some useful sites might be:

http://www.the-commander.com/ - Particularly the maps and economy guides in the download section. People have made very complicated Excel spreadsheets full of statistics. This worries me.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/ - Official forms. Most questions have already been answered.

Oh, and the cut-scenes and voice acting is really bad. I find it helps to treat them as an endearing flaw rather than an atmosphere-shattering debacle.

Also, this game prompted me to buy a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro twisty joystick which rocks and now flying is beautiful and elegant.

edit: And turn the dynamic shadows off. They're a massive performance hit for very little reward.

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Oh! And look:

x2.jpg

An in-cockpit view! Very atmospheric. DO YOU SEE THAT, EVE-ONLINE? DO YOU SEE IT? ACTUALLY INSIDE THE COCKPIT! WHERE THE PLAYER SHOULD BE! ATMOSPHERE, EVE YOU MORON GAME!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I'm going to install it again, but only because it's you doing the pimping Summo...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That cockpit needs a DVD player.

(Cock-pit :D teehee :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom