Regular Stealth Group anyone?

I'd say you should go for a larger force, maybe 3-4 fg stealthers and kill off fullgroups and piss them off wherever you can, just like they do to the ones that atleast trys to run solo.

Yes, I'm bitter :\

Porkbelly said:
Dont listen to them m8 .

Go ahead and make a stealth grp and you will have such a laugh if you get them all on ts too .

Play the game how you want too m8 and dont let anyone tell you different .

I play in a stealth grp and i wouldnt have it any other way .

People hate me for playing in a stealth grp but do i give a shit NOPE! .

( Stealthers are made for soloing ) What a load of crap , maybe ns-inf-sb for soloing if they want but not rang-sco-hunt . now im NOT saying we cant solo cause that aint true .

Stealth grps are the way to play in my eyes and the more stealth grp get together the better me think . stealthers want big fights and long fights and latly i have been having some great classic 5 on 5 , 6 on 6 stealth fights and when the dicks who play easy mode 1 button chars (life tap life tap) dont add its great .

I think its time daoc give melee class there own battlefield and casters there own place too .

People are sick and tired of stealth grps but us stealthers are sick and tired of the life tap shit time and time again , i hit a tank harder then i hit a caster so somthing is wrong there .

Anyway GOOD LUCK with your stealth grp and i hope you can get one together cause when you do your game play and fun will raise :) .

GOOD LUCK AGAIN

Zerg or be Zerg

You got a point, ill give you that :)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
i can understand that sniper rangers my have trouble getting 1vs1... couse they see theyr target too late :(

I have an Bowspecced ranger, and I add and use whatever dirty trick im able to to kill people, I also kill solo and I solo myself, but I will add if I don't see a solo fight with peeps I know only solo in, if you go melee as an Bowspecced ranger ur rather stupid neways.

And I already have a melee char thats why I like to play the ranger this why, and I like to snipe down and run off.

1 vs 1 dosent really cut it as Bowspecced, not Meleewise atleast, and noone can expect a bowspecced ranger to do so either.

what would anyone else do as an bowspecced ranger, well smartasses could say respec, but I like to play the ranger like this.

I more or less just started to play my ranger and got bout 200k in a week, still that because of the Insta RvR atm though ;D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Gryni said:
ADDING M8 and u know it

HAHA...do u now the other one with the french programmer ?

especially liked the caps..shows how ignorant u r

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
I have an Bowspecced ranger, and I add and use whatever dirty trick im able to to kill people, I also kill solo and I solo myself, but I will add if I don't see a solo fight with peeps I know only solo in, if you go melee as an Bowspecced ranger ur rather stupid neways.

And I already have a melee char thats why I like to play the ranger this why, and I like to snipe down and run off.

1 vs 1 dosent really cut it as Bowspecced, not Meleewise atleast, and noone can expect a bowspecced ranger to do so either.

what would anyone else do as an bowspecced ranger, well smartasses could say respec, but I like to play the ranger like this.

I more or less just started to play my ranger and got bout 200k in a week, still that because of the Insta RvR atm though ;D

MoS4+ cammo if its up, find assasin, crit shot from stealth, maybe get in 1-2 more shots after...pull out yer weapons and take last 40% or less off. doesnt always work, not as good as melee spec, or a shade 1v1, but still works sure as hell.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
MoS4+ cammo if its up, find assasin, crit shot from stealth, maybe get in 1-2 more shots after...pull out yer weapons and take last 40% or less off. doesnt always work, not as good as melee spec, or a shade 1v1, but still works sure as hell.

heh, well I have more fun the way I play atm and gain lots more rp's also even if that aint the main point.

I like to play the way I do with my ranger, I don't team up with him, but I do play dirty, or well as I said, I do whatever to kill anything I see ;D

I don't care about 1 vs 1 when playing my bowspecced ranger as I enjoy playing him as I do, and you will play how you see it's fun to play, those with melee the strongest will ofcourse try to enforce 1 vs 1, as I only do if I now and again go out solo for fun with hero, still usually go in groups with him ofc ;D

Il also popp stealthers at zergs, and if they really want 1 vs 1 they wouldent be there neways, earns me some extra RP's, I think it's fun and I also help other hibbied get some rp's ;D

I play the char the way I gain most by playing him and the way I have most fun playing him.

*And no, as high as Im bowspecced, yes u can win, but you usually won't, so I try to not get 1 vs 1, or any kind of melee with him ofcourse.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
That is fine by me, you know your style, enjoy it, and admit it, to me that is more than fair enough, i was just offering some information about how a bow ranger can be played to win 1v1s.

After all those that zerge, add and generally annoy will get the same treatment back, and its that you have to deal with and worry about more than other peoples opinions of your playstyle.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
and melee rangers who cant compete 1vs1, are really funny :D
im rr4 and i can kill eny rr stealther... whit a exeption of few players who own me 10 times over :D

template is the key.... crappy temp = u getting nowhere
Good melee rangers, can only compete vs crap assasins. Poisons are way unbalancing, and purge 3 only works vs crap assasins.
Neffneff said:
that's a fight each 20 minuts if you are very lucky, then 15 afk minuts?, not viable. Without camo if I spot an assasin he can spot me 80% times, MoS5 stealth 51 atm, about critshot, it doesn't works if the assasin is moving, so it takes time to wait till your target stops and it's very easy to be spoted before it succes. Imo the only way to solo as an arhcer is kite and shoot, but anyway archers are like nightmare mode to solo, assasins normal mode and soon at 1.82 easy mode.

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
Well thanks all for your comments - especially those of support. I can seriously tell you that most of this "dont create a stealth grp" is utter utter bollox!!

Yes, you can go solo. I go solo ALL of the time. Mids and Albs add add add and that's just the stealthers out there so dont give me this shit about stealthers are made to solo coz it's a pille of crap! Stealthers are made to be played anyway you want to play them. I mean wtf does a spymaster have GROUP stealth for? Dur - good logic innit!

The nasty side of me says add on the ***** where you can! do it to them before they do it to you! When I play and DON'T get added on solo or when you pay my subs until then stfu.

So as I was saying... I'm looking to start a small regular group who wanna play their stealthies in a group (now there's a fucking novel thought) to have fun. If you're interested PM me via this board and I'll contact you ingame.

Drizzt

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't actually mind joining on monday nights a couple of years ago I was the intelligence informer 4 my guild we used to have a stealth group, this didn't mean we zerged together all the time but we kept eachother informed of where good killing spots where and we helped eachother in case albs zerged 20 against 1 (as they always do)! a good ns ranger group with solo experience can take down 2 groups of alb stealthers because they dont have the long expertise on soloing that we have so as long as its jst to kill groups, get towers or aid other groups i'm in 4 it.
jst dont do like albs 20 on 1:twak:

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
Drizzt said:
I wouldn't actually mind joining on monday nights a couple of years ago I was the intelligence informer 4 my guild we used to have a stealth group, this didn't mean we zerged together all the time but we kept eachother informed of where good killing spots where and we helped eachother in case albs zerged 20 against 1 (as they always do)! a good ns ranger group with solo experience can take down 2 groups of alb stealthers because they dont have the long expertise on soloing that we have so as long as its jst to kill groups, get towers or aid other groups i'm in 4 it.
jst dont do like albs 20 on 1:twak:

Excellent! hopefully more stealthers will sign up and then we can have some payback. And agreed, towers and grp stealther war rather than group vs 1. Will be nice to help others who are still solo and need help here and there too. I'd also like to "put it about" on /AS that we're available to do recon work for raids to - that sounds like fun. Perhaps an advance recon sqaud to check on numbers, keep defenders etc... err. I'm beginning to sound like a roleplayer :)

Thanks for the reply - getting encouraged now ;p

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Groups of stealthers are now resorting to baiting, one in open and a few behind hiding, then as soon as the soloer commits they all attack.
You play your way and i will try to play mine, however it seems Aran is coming out less and less as its just getting too frustrating.
I suppose its too late now to change anything, once one side starts moving in groups the others follow suit, albs might have started it but hibs and mids do it just as bad now, only soloers that you see are thoose that are hideously overpowered, most others gave up a longwhile ago.
Its a game i know but i play it for fun, and stealth groups are killing the fun i had with my characters in the frontier, so go ahead and have your fun, i cant blame you for it but dont expect me to wave flags or congratulate you when you gain realm ranks.

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
Tricky topic this to debate, imo creating a stealth group outta frustration because of a bad spell of rvr is caused by a completly different mentality than creating an organised stealth group. (Trust me i have done both many times over the years of playing my NS). One is born of pure frustration, anger, bitterness the other by cold calculated reasoning.

Both scenarios produce common factors, i.e ill feeling from other players resulting in flames on FH, IRC, An increase in organised enemy stealthzerg the day u steamroller peeps in ure grp, a low tally of rps per member of the grp and more importantly you dont gain vital experience on how to squeeze the most outta of toon, his template and ure gaming skill!

Another problem that arises is who to attack and who not to attack, sometimes ure grp will meet peeps on the battlefield who are friends of one member but not another, do you attack em? do u leave em? if they attack you or a team memeber wat do you do?

IMHO leave the large stealth grps for keep taking only, if ure a ranjer find a good NS partner or vice versa. NS+ Ranjers make a great duo and compliment each other well.

Large stealth grps bring too many negatives to the game, a soloer / duoer brings nothing but positives to the game.

i gotta go work time is up,

/peace out

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Don't see the problem. Won't stop anyone who likes to solo from soloing, but will take all the stealth who like grping and stick em in 1 spot so u can avoid em.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Vipr said:
Tricky topic this to debate, imo creating a stealth group outta frustration because of a bad spell of rvr is caused by a completly different mentality than creating an organised stealth group. (Trust me i have done both many times over the years of playing my NS). One is born of pure frustration, anger, bitterness the other by cold calculated reasoning.

Both scenarios produce common factors, i.e ill feeling from other players resulting in flames on FH, IRC, An increase in organised enemy stealthzerg the day u steamroller peeps in ure grp, a low tally of rps per member of the grp and more importantly you dont gain vital experience on how to squeeze the most outta of toon, his template and ure gaming skill!

Another problem that arises is who to attack and who not to attack, sometimes ure grp will meet peeps on the battlefield who are friends of one member but not another, do you attack em? do u leave em? if they attack you or a team memeber wat do you do?

IMHO leave the large stealth grps for keep taking only, if ure a ranjer find a good NS partner or vice versa. NS+ Ranjers make a great duo and compliment each other well.

Large stealth grps bring too many negatives to the game, a soloer / duoer brings nothing but positives to the game.

i gotta go work time is up,

/peace out

/agree. but not totaly 100% for the duoing either. Atm a solo sb can do little against a templated rr5+ ns/ranger duo (even without the 'lame' grapple). Except when it a more or less a open challenge to 'duel' another similar alb/mid duo. /shrug

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
Nuxtobatns said:
/agree. but not totaly 100% for the duoing either. Atm a solo sb can do little against a templated rr5+ ns/ranger duo (even without the 'lame' grapple). Except when it a more or less a open challenge to 'duel' another similar alb/mid duo. /shrug

True, but it really depends on the players u come up against, if ure aquainted via MSN, IRC, TS,VT etc then chances are they will leave you inpeace. Some duoers (although rare) wont add if there team m8 jumps in. I just think the Soloer / Duoer option for Athalas is a more viable route than the full blown stealthzerg he was unwittingly (or not may the case be) proposing!

Albs have the best stealth duo available to them in terms of stealth rvr, yet i can count on 1 hand the number of people i know that play it to its full potential. This being the infil + mincer combo.

Hibs / Mids releatively on par with their assassin / archer duoers. Albeit it mids at atm are a little weak on the SB side. (Soon to be fixed though /cry)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Vipr said:
Hibs / Mids releatively on par with their assassin / archer duoers. Albeit it mids at atm are a little weak on the SB side. (Soon to be fixed though /cry)

:) payback time is inc

Punishment

Resident Freddy
<3

Lick said:
get as many people together as you can and kill every single last motherfucking one of em - its just a video game

Haha givf another Drunken duo !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom