Regarding my host

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
As most of you might have seen my host with all vids went poff this weekend.

Reason for this is that my provider thought the activity were unreasonable high (over 4k ppl accessing the site within a 1-2 hours) and then decided to temporarly close down the folder /daoc because of this.

They then researched why this activity occured and came to the conclusion that perhaps someone outside had gotten hold of the login details to the ftp and changed password as a safety measure (www.novator.se is really something completely different then hosting daoc vids) which led to me being unable to login and control status of things. ;)

So now you know why everything went poff this weekend.

I will probably start hosting vids as torrent files if I am gonna continue doing it because the amount of ppl downloading now simply is to high for the server the host is on to cope with and I don´t think I can get work to move :)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Don't blame you , alternatively could ask people to hold releasing movies until they have 3 or 4 mirrors that people can use then somehow cap user limit ?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty awake provider you got there. Nice to know there are such people out there.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well that really sounds like the server got hammered there, but nice reaction from the provider tbh.

I don't know their hosting solution ofc, but if it's not possible for them to handle a traffic like that, maybe torrent would be a solution.

Just the thing is, could you install a torrent on your server or is it restricted to ftp usage, meaning you'd have to use your personal line?

Either way =) What you've done till now is awesome work on the hosting front =))

EDIT: I don't really speak swedish, so what does such a server cost and what specifications does it have (like CPU, HDD, RAM)? How much monthly traffic is free and how fast is the connection? Can pm me aswell if you prefer that =)

EDIT2: Jeri you're German and into IT stuff, right? What's your opinion on this? =)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I might be able to dedicate a box for seeding torrents once I get my new fibre cable sorted. That is if you do decide to host torrents instead.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
sorry. :mad:

the torrent seems to work nice, but a lot of people probably can't be bothered to seed vids that are god knows how old.. wish rpgfilms was still up, perfect place to put vids on after the initial release :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom