Regarding guilds and clustering...

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
maybe been answerd before, if so im sorry that i missed it....

but when(if) clustering comes, what happends to guild names that there is both on pry and exc ? maybe not a big deal but still...

ohh, and also, char names ? what would happend if i had a char called the same on both exc and pry on midgard, for example if i have a char called Warrior on exc that is a dwarf warrior, and if i had a dwarf warrior on Prydwen that is named Warrior aswell ?

maybe silly questions but intrested to know 8)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Example:

Charname of Prydwen
Charname Of Excalibur

Guild Name of Prydwen
Guild name of Excalibur.

/Driven.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
from the mythic patch notes of 1.74

Character and Guild Names

- Names currently in existence are not guaranteed to be unique for players or guilds. New characters or guilds created are subject to name duplication restrictions, but existing names are unchanged.

- Newly created guilds are subject to emblem duplication restrictions. Existing guilds with duplicated guild emblems will not be changed.

- If you have two characters with the same name on the cluster, you communicate with them by appending the server name if they are not from your home server. For example: If you have Bob of Palomides and Bob of Bors and you're from Palomides, /send Bob or /send Bob-p will go to Bob of Palomides, and /tell Bob-b will go to Bob of Bors.

- In all chat messages, if a player is from the same server as you, the text you see will remain unchanged. If they are from another server, their name will be printed as "Name-ServerName:" (the same format you would use to /send to them).

- In any shared region kill spam messages, the kill spam will always contain the server name information of the two players (eg: Bob-Pendragon was just killed by PlayerX-Hector).

- Names over the heads of players will display as "Player of Server" to players on other servers in the cluster. Players from your home server will display normally as they always have. Realm Enemies will display normally as they always have (Race and Realm Rank Title).

Restrictions

- Characters will only be able to purchase lots on their home server.

- Characters will only be able to join guilds from their own server.

- Guilds will not be able to join in cross-server alliances on their server cluster.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
Example:

Charname of Prydwen
Charname Of Excalibur

Guild Name of Prydwen
Guild name of Excalibur.

/Driven.

ok, thnx... guess i could of find in patchnotes or smth, but havent been arsed to read em, time to delete lowbie bg alts on pry then.

ah, saw the other reply now, so no matter if i have a char it will still show as of XXXX ? well that sucks i think 8(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Me

Just dont fancy the prices on cms/ attitudes of people leaking over to Prydwen

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Me

Just dont fancy the prices on cms/ attitudes of people leaking over to Prydwen

That will be just the nice part of it, prices will go down, they have to.
If someone is selling a scroll for 10p on excal and the same scroll is being sold for 1p on Prydwen guess which one they will buy.
Seeing you can switch between Prydwen and Excal housing zone I can only see the positive thing about it.

Shame though that you can not invite people to the guild from the other server, would be nice if clustering comes that if you run alot with some people from the other server to just ask them to join your guild or join their guild, no idea if GOA has a reason why not to do this or if it's just impossible to do because of some server code or something.

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
clustering

I think the clustering might work a little diffrent here in Europe w..I think, eventually (if they can impliment it) they will fully merge Pryn/Excal anyhow..Free's up a sever for GOA + makes bigger population on 1 server... :eek6:

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
That will be just the nice part of it, prices will go down, they have to.
If someone is selling a scroll for 10p on excal and the same scroll is being sold for 1p on Prydwen guess which one they will buy.
Seeing you can switch between Prydwen and Excal housing zone I can only see the positive thing about it.

if overall the demand goes up in relation to the amount of poeple farming then prices will go up not down.

If there is a scroll for 1p on pryd and 10p on excal the seller on pryd will just rise the price because they have a whole new market that wasnt there before.

be interesting to see what actualy happens 8)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
with clustering what if u play hib/excal and mid/pryd? :( coz wont it all become one server or something?

i heard there will be a time limit for changing servers so u cant pass over any crucial rvr information - sounds good but what if ur bored of playing ur NS and wanna go talk 2 ur guild on mid or something?

and also i heard that if u only play 1 server u wont be able to start chars in a diff realm on the other server,. is this also true coz that would be bad for new players (sure there arent many, but heck im about to become one again! :D)

any info appreciated

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
You can play 2 realms on one server if you got chars on both pryd and exc in diff realms, but you gotta wait 1 hour between logging on to them.

And that's only if you already got chars there, else you can't make chars in 2 diff realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom