Regarding groups

Sangral

Fledgling Freddie
I played US open beta before retail came out, and i managed to get a lvl 20 tauren shammy by the time it ended. What a good game WoW is.

A thing that worried me though was the lack of groups. Being a shaman I thought my primary job would be to heal/support my mates :mad:
Is this only a lower lvl issue or is it because this afterall was Open beta, and everyone wanted to lvl and explore the game mainly on their own, or is there just a general lack of groups?

This is all compared to DAoC, which I can't stop comparing to

;)

parfait

Fledgling Freddie
i found the same as you. the only time i grouped was when there was a few people all wanted the same kill credit who were in the same zone. i think the game will end up with mostly guild groups tbh, as it didnt seem essential to group to get to level 18, although i did see on a forum somewhere about epic quests that reguire several fg to complete, and maybe epic dungeons like sidi.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
no lair list and such on wow then :m00: is it really a bad thing though ?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Remember, you were playing on US servers, so the majority of players wont have been playing when you did.

I played a priest, and whenever I wanted a group, I had one.

Sometimes I'd log in, and have 3 people asking if I needed a group. Sometimes they'd be 3 different groups as well.

And if you can't find a group, then start one! As a shaman, you can heal. What an excellent basis for a group - no matter what the setup, your group will have a healer.

If ever you need a group, just ask in main chat, 99% of times, there will be someone else who wants to group as well.
And if you find someone who you like leveling with, stick them on your friends list, and pm them whenever they're online, asking if they want to group.. chances are they will say yes.

:)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Lack of groups?
Havent had any probs with that where I play, not in OB either

Aada

Part of the furniture
Depends what you want most people tend to solo the quests and group for the elite quests.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Mainly because group xp wasn't so good before last patch (and it's still not good enough).

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
my hunter got groups constantly

from about lv 15 onwards

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
My experience so far was from ob where i lvled my shaman up to 20.
Grping was only needed for harder quests aswell as instances.
When i tried to duo with my priest buddy the xp sucked alot if you tried to grind etc. It was more efficient to solo atleast from my experience.
Pretty sad tbh. :mad:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
in US OB i grouped a couple times for harder quests, and a couple times if someone needed the same mobs as me on ordinary quests, but there is no need otherwise. Ofc, you can group with people you know just for the fun of it.
Would be nice if they upped the exp you get in a group somewhat, but im not too worried about it as any class can solo very well.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Dont even think about camping mobs to grind xp thats not how WoW works your rewarded for questing lots of xp nice items and the quests take you all over the map.

If you wanna group quest together dont grind. :)

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Heh Aada, grinding solo is ALOT more xp efficient than questing and travelling all over the world.
Atleast from what I noticed during 1-20.
For example around lvl16 you could get around 1k xp from a quest, maybe it took 40mins or so to finish because alot of running etc.
In the meantime you get like 50xp for each mob killed. Then atleast imo grinding will be much faster. Only thing is that from quests you get nice items so you might give up some good loot. And if that was what you meant that you get nice items then ok. Im talking about faster leveling.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tinu said:
Heh Aada, grinding solo is ALOT more xp efficient than questing and travelling all over the world.
Atleast from what I noticed during 1-20.
For example around lvl16 you could get around 1k xp from a quest, maybe it took 40mins or so to finish because alot of running etc.
In the meantime you get like 50xp for each mob killed. Then atleast imo grinding will be much faster. Only thing is that from quests you get nice items so you might give up some good loot. And if that was what you meant that you get nice items then ok. Im talking about faster leveling.

But if you grind you also miss like 95% of the content of the game ;) Its completly built around quests - you learn about areas, their history, and get drawn into the game in a great way with the quests. And they are terrific fun most of the time. Maybe it will be different on the third character you level up, but there are over 3000 quests so should be some you miss first time around :)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
The first thing I remember about WoW-hype is the quest-system and how amazing it will be - I noticed absolutely no difference between WoW and Daoc quests, both are just as fun/boring. As an Daoc-noob it was fun to make quests for the "thrill" of what items you'll get and imo that alone makes Daoc-quests far better than WoW ones.

Anyway, open-beta=people just play around and prefer to solo, things will change on live-version.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Also, remember that Blizzard said that they wanted to make the game more accessible to casual gamers, that dont neccessarily play every night for umpteen hours, and so they allowed every class to be able to solo efficienty. But at higher levels, to defeat the instances and raid mobs that give the greatest equipment, grouping is neccessary.

If you want to enjoy the game with friends, and explore the world, not caring much about your exp per hour ratio or whatever, then grouping is fun, but if not, soloing is a viable option as well.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
But if you grind you also miss like 95% of the content of the game ;) Its completly built around quests - you learn about areas, their history, and get drawn into the game in a great way with the quests. And they are terrific fun most of the time. Maybe it will be different on the third character you level up, but there are over 3000 quests so should be some you miss first time around :)

Well maybe it was my misstake but Aada seemed to think xp was better with quest and I just gave him my oppinion that they doesn´t seem to be.
Im well aware of the exploring bit. :)

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
From my experiances questing is most deffinatly faster at around levels 1-20, even up to 30, 30+ a mix of quests and grind works out the fastest - but grinding is teh bore imo :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom