Regarding classic server n GOA

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Is there any official comment about classic servers in EU??

Been away from this boards for a long time n im interested in the topic.

Thx in advance :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
they have said they are keeping an eye on the US servers to see how it goes there, though i think its a case of closing the stable door after the horses have bolted, most people who badly want a classic server have already jumped ship. besides, whats the point of a classic server if it still has retarded NF.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Euro classic server will kill the population of the already excisting servers. As raven said, most have just gone to the US ones.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
they have said they are keeping an eye on the US servers to see how it goes there, though i think its a case of closing the stable door after the horses have bolted, most people who badly want a classic server have already jumped ship. besides, whats the point of a classic server if it still has retarded NF.
Fully agree - non-toa here will merely leech numbers. 80-90% of the hardcore classic fans have gone there already.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with Raven as well, would be a shame to see Exc and Pryd lose any more players as they would be pretty much unplayable. There is little reason not to play it on US if you want to play is as ping to US servers are not noticeably worse and you would start from 0 anyway with regards to level and gold etc.

What really should have been done instead of creating classic servers was to tone down artifacts some more, make scrolls even easier to get (questable in my oppinion), artifact exp faster, some ml abilities toned down. The BB issue wasnt solved by classic anyway, saw as many bots on lamorak as on any normal server tbh - so just boost alchemy some so that everyone can get buffed no matter access to bb etc. That would be my recipe for a better daoc.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Classic+agramon=closest to old frontiers as possible without getting it.

luveable scene tbh

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Still bots about on the classic servers tbh. Use of them is generally as in three catagories:

1) for RvR there's generally a bot spamming AoE buffs by most "launch points" in both new island zone and NF

2) AoE buffs cast by instance dungeons to speed PvE. Seemingly cast as and when the 2nd account holder feels the whim.

3) Traditional BB who follows the owner in PvE to help the "main" level.

Since AoE buffs are on a timer they're of limited use to use to most stealthers so I'd guess the system of ranged buffs is "working as planned" for the most part.

Agree with majority of posters who say a Euro classic server isn't viable. Most of us who wanted that style of server have already "defected" there. Also given the scorn poured upon the folks who want to play, chat and enjoy a sense of community on these forums by certain people (no names mentioned I don't intend to start a flame-fest!) I'd imagine a Euro based server would fragment an already seemingly divided player base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom