Regarding Beta

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Currently every week/month you let in more people to Beta. Will there be a point where all the remaining people will be allowed in? or will youo carry on lettin in X amount every month?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
WTT: Soul for WAR beta

Only 50% durabilty left on soul tho.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Currently every week/month you let in more people to Beta. Will there be a point where all the remaining people will be allowed in? or will youo carry on lettin in X amount every month?

afaik there are over 400k beta subscribers atm.

Don´t think they will invite everyone.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
How many invites you think are out now in total (us+eu)?

Something like 12k invites in eu afaik

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
It's called "Open Beta"

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Crispy is about right (give or take a few thousand) on the current EU beta numbers. The final phase of beta will see a lot of people in beta but even that probably won't be everyone who has applied.

The stress test will be the last, best chance for anyone who hasn't had a beta invite by then to see the game before release.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Crispy is about right (give or take a few thousand) on the current EU beta numbers. The final phase of beta will see a lot of people in beta but even that probably won't be everyone who has applied.

The stress test will be the last, best chance for anyone who hasn't had a beta invite by then to see the game before release.

If you wanna stress test just invite Vlad round for a good drubbing.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
this is an old old post from when this forum started, the dates are out now as the game was pushed back to Q1 2008 but it probably still gives a good idea of Mythics intentions:

Originally posted 7/14/06

Here are some handy definitions of what the different phases of beta are. I also provide, for the first time, some extremely vague and tentative dates. Some of you have already won betas, and to spare you the whole "having to read" thing, you are listed as "Early Spring 2007." In theory and indeed in schedule, it may be sooner than that - but I am a bitter, cranky, old community weenie who has been through many betas, and I no longer believe in anything I can't grasp in my withered talons.

EDITED, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9th, 2006. Clarifications, mostly, but one fairly giant change relating to my not totally understanding the implications of us becoming EA Mythic. All of my dates are still listed as they were on 7/14/06.

Alpha: What began in July. I made the grievous error of calling it a very early beta, for which I am terminally sorry. I will regret that until I die. Alpha does not have anyone playing who does not draw a paycheck from Mythic.

Double Secret Beta: That is just beyond alpha, and includes people who draw paychecks from Mythic and selected partners. STARTS: Summer 2006

First Stage of Closed Beta (Beta 1): What we are in now. Sometimes called "Friends and Family," somewhat inaccurately, this is a stage where there is actually a game, but it is not usually very complete or even stable for that matter. People who don't work here are in this stage, but usually fewer than a hundred, and they are nearly all such old, old friends that they are often mistaken for employees. STARTS: Fall 2006

EDITED TO ADD, 11/9/06: Tragically, when I originally wrote this document in mid-July '06, I was still learning the EA ropes. I defined "First Closed" with the old Mythic way, because we were a pretty small company. Now, with thousands of employees around the world, this phase of beta is "EA Employee Only." Double Secret Beta is EA Mythic Studio Only. In this first closed phase, we begin including people outside our studio, but bound by the employee NDA.

Beta 1.7, After Things Stop Going Boom Every Day: This is the stage you'll start seeing community testers. People who have tested for Mythic for years, or have been otherwise recommended to us as quality volunteer testers, are starting to be included. There is usually a restriction on how many people get in at this point, and often perfectly wonderful people are left out. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Early 2007

Beta 2: Still closed and covered under NDA, invitees include prize winners, guilds that win the guild contest, and some members of the print and web media - usually the ones we have relationships with. People who work at GW retail shops are getting in here, and we've got some plans for existing Dark Age of Camelot players to be invited to check out their new sibling. There will be up to a thousand people by the end of Beta 2. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Early Spring 2007

Beta 3: Closed, NDA. This is where Lady Luck will wave her wand. We will be choosing randomly from the giant pool of people who are subscribed to our newsletter. This phase will have thousands of people invited, possibly as many as ten thousand. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Summer 2007

Final Beta: No NDA. Because there is no NDA, people often refer to this as "open beta." But I wanted to be really clear with you guys - we are not planning the kind of open beta where everyone with internet access can download the game and hop in. That's nutty. Right now, we are tentatively considering having everyone who pre-orders the game invited to this phase of beta. This phase will also invite winners from our big media promotions. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Summer 2007

I'm guessing we are somewhere inbetween beta 2/3 at the moment, then again I have no idea!

Eble

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe yeah lol...btw can we preorder already? There seems to be no 'store' section on the site.

ferore

Fledgling Freddie
Beta 2: Still closed and covered under NDA, invitees include prize winners, guilds that win the guild contest, and some members of the print and web media - usually the ones we have relationships with. People who work at GW retail shops are getting in here, and we've got some plans for existing Dark Age of Camelot players to be invited to check out their new sibling. There will be up to a thousand people by the end of Beta 2. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Early Spring 2007

Where's the Beta 2 for existing Dark Age of Camelot players gone?

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Where's the Beta 2 for existing Dark Age of Camelot players gone?

It's odd, I subscribed to the newsletter, but I'm not even getting a newsletter...

And yeah, gifv beta because I'm an existing DAoC player...again ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
You don´t think all daoc players will get an invite do you?

And guild invites havent gone out either yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom