Help red ring of death procedure

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
sadly its just struck me out of no where.

i read on google that MS extended the warranty by 3 years for this problem?

well when i goto the ms website to view my warranty info it says

# Warranty Expiration: 3/13/2008 7:59:59 PM

i havent had my 360 for 3 years, i know that for a fact. so what do i need to do to get it for free?

Starman

Part of the furniture
Call them on the phone just state you've got the RRoD and they'll sort it for you. Just had mine back from repair for the same thing. Took about 10 days in total.

tris-

do you know if i need the origional box to send it, or does it just need to be packed well?

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
they send you a pre paid box to send it back to them in. Its actualy an awesome service to use. Had mine back in just less then a week.

tris-

ah right cheers lads, lets see what happensd then!

Starman

Part of the furniture
Yeah the box took the longest to arrive for me - about 5 days. Mobo was replaced and I even got my original console back. But make sure you don't send anything other than the Console itself meaning NO HDD.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you dont have to get a box from ms, i normaly use a empty space raider box filled with bubble wrap. and drop it off at me local ups depo

starman did you get the latest mobo revision?

Starman

Part of the furniture
Not sure its my original console with no HDMI. So it could be the recent "upgrade" revision i guess. The DVD-ROM is still loud as ever but the console itself seems slightly cooler.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
buy a hdmi socket from farnell, crack it open and mod it then, guides on xbox scene forums

tris-

my console came back out of the blue yesterday with a month of gold membership and a new motherboard. it also doesnt sound like a 747 is trying to take off inside the console.
now i jsut need a game i actually want to play.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
wow just short of a fucking month. ms should really speed thier shit up, specialy as its not long till xmas

on the plus side you defo has the new revison of the mobo which is why its silent

tris-

to be fair to them 2 weeks is my fault. the first week i was too laxy to box it up and by the 2nd week i had to request a new label :)

so it took about 2 weeks.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
:twak: shame i cant call on clowneh to *****lap you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom