Games Red Faction: Armageddon

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Really? No thread about this?

Am i the only one wetting myself over this?

Loved the first two, can't wait to play this in coop. Provided i can get any of my friends to buy the damn thing.. :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I played the demo on the 360. Decidedly meh :\.

Everz

FH is my second home
I stopped paying attention after it switched to 3rd person? Is this still the case?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yup. Red Faction Guerilla is actually pretty decent though - certainly worth grabbing on sale, about a fiver is what I paid I think.

Everz

FH is my second home
I didnt really enjoy it, much prefered first person and online with the original. Always be a massive disappointment that the sequel never had it.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Am looking forward to it, was a bit disappointed the third didn't have geo-mod in the scenery, I was expecting to dig a hole for cars to go into. Though the building physics were great. loved putting charges at the bottom and going to the roof and setting them off. Hopefully this one has outside scenes aswell, what I have seen its all been underground.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I stopped paying attention after it switched to 3rd person? Is this still the case?

yes its still 3rd person, doesn't make it that less good tho.

Currently playing through guerrilla again and its a bitch at a few places.

Only thing letting the game down is GFWL. :(

Am looking forward to it, was a bit disappointed the third didn't have geo-mod in the scenery, I was expecting to dig a hole for cars to go into. Though the building physics were great. loved putting charges at the bottom and going to the roof and setting them off. Hopefully this one has outside scenes aswell, what I have seen its all been underground.

Armageddon will have both inside and outside scenes.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Did some more reading and found out you can rebuild things, without the use of mods. Quite excited now. :clap:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I just compared prices.

49.99 euro(~£43) on steam, but only £29.95 (~34 euro) on d2d.co.uk, with the same preorder "bonus"... xD

I saw no reason what so ever to preorder from steam...

And even without the special offer on d2d, it's still cheaper at £35 (~39 euro) then on steam....

It baffles me why ppl preorder this on steam tbh....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I tried the other one they released Guerilla was it? didnt even bother trying to finish, I had alot of fun smashing buildings up tho :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Guerrilla is great fun even tho it's not a FPS like the first game was. And the story , even tho it's vague at times, still hold together somewhat.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Finished guerrilla yesterday and unlocked "insane mode" which i had to try obviously, and they weren't kidding....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I just noticed something odd...

d2d.com has the release date set at june 1st while steam has it on june 10th and RF:A wiki has it on june 7th..

Haven't found the official press release on their website yet that would explain the difference.

Could it be that d2d is releasing early or does Steam has some obscure rule they need to follow?

I mean d2d's release is only 2 days away of that's the case, and i'm sure they would have updated it to the correct date by now. Otherwise they are going to have a lot of pissed off gamers on their hands come wednesday.. :)

Or maybe steam is just trying to rake in some free PR by deliberately having a to late release date set and then "surprise" their buyers claiming "early release deal"? :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hating d2d atm.

Yesterday afternoon they changed their release date from the 1st to the 6th....

Owell, at least i saved almost 50% buying it there.

I was SO looking forward to playing this today... :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Massively disappointed...

Compared to Guerrilla: It's an ok game but....
The game is to short, finished it in ~10 hours on normal without really aiming for a speed clear..

The maps are also way WAY to small, you also can't use vehicles other then a plane on one map and a few maps where you have to use a walker. There is also one map where you can (if you want to) use a battle robot. Other then that your on foot.

There's no side missions, and you can't muck about between the missions as the whole game is scripted from start to finish.

And the biggest fault of it all is that there is no open ending. You only get an unlock to play the game again with all upgrades possible. Oh and you get a rainbow shitting unicorn as a end of game reward...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom