Red Dwarf DVDs

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
yup got 1-3 i need more :D

want to complete the picture on the side of all the boxes too

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have them, look forward to series 4 on dvd in feb...although they've been showing them on BBC2 but at really stupid times :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I am a huge Red Dwarf fan. Can pretty much quote any scene from the first 6 seasons. Have everything on video (Except that hideous remastered crap. Evil!), all the books and season 4 is pre-ordered for Feb. Supurb stuff.

Can't wait for the film. All the cast have said the script is ace, although I doubt they'd say it's shit.

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah love Red Dwarf too, got series 1-3 on DVD. Favourite episodes everyone?
Back to Reality has to be mine.

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Grnk! Red Dwarf got shit the instant Series 4 finished AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!

Only a handful of Series 1 and 2 episodes were any good - I'd say Future Echoes, Thanks For The Memory and Stasis Leak. Series 3 and 4 had a real atmosphere - the superb mix of comedy and building on a great universe which all the novels have.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
They started great.

But all good things do come to a end, and sadly Red Dwarf crashed and burned in the end.

Still i want the DvD!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Patriarch said:
Yeah love Red Dwarf too, got series 1-3 on DVD. Favourite episodes everyone?
Back to Reality has to be mine.
That was on last night :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I wish they'd hurry up and release S6 - twas my favourite by far. Legion is the best ep aswell tbh.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I like the one with the total immersion video games in :) Better than life was the game they made cant remmeber what the ep was called tho

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
Red Dwarf is great! :)

Got Series 4 already pre-ordered, just need to wait. :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
***** summo*

R

Rimmsie

Darthshearer said:
I like the one with the total immersion video games in :) Better than life was the game they made cant remmeber what the ep was called tho
Funnily enough.
"Better Than Life" :D

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I heard a rumor that the BBC archives were going to be released for download....ie, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Blackadder...

Might be quite good :)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Milkshake said:
I heard a rumor that the BBC archives were going to be released for download....ie, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Blackadder...

Might be quite good :)

I doubt that is so seeing as there all available on BBC dvd, if they were released to download I imagine there would be a charge or a subscription or something to pay. (Seeing as the bbc currently make money from these dvds and PJP/Grant Naylor Productions need the funding from the dvds to create more dvds )

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Best episode - Backwards
"Lets get ready to un-rumble"

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
Who else loves these and wish they'd hurry up and release them all.

I cannot believe the comedy program thats on telly as we type does not include RED DWARF they are classics and always will be.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Maybe 5 years after the dvds are out they will be available to dl?

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
I have the first two series on DVD... and would have had the third if people had been able to pick up the not-so-subtle hints I was giving them before Christmas! :rolleyes:

Fortunately my Birthday isn't too far off, so I have high hopes of getting seasons 3 and 4... :p

It's difficult to pick a favourite episode... so many are so good!

Best catchphrase has to go to Ace Rimmer's 'Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!' though... ;)

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Red Dwarf is genious... even all the way up to the end it was good.. although the last two series did lack in the 'magic'..

Got 1 and 2 on dvd atm, I'll get the rest when I get around to it.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I will always think the one where they turned Kryten into a human the best one. :p

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
I will always think the one where they turned Kryten into a human the best one. :p

Yeah, the phrase "double polaroid" is an accepted figure of speech !

IV is out, mine is somewhere in the Post Office system.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
This deserves a bump - just got series 5 today :D

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
The featurette on the US series was interesting, I'm not surprised it failed with the producers doing nothing but having delusions of making tons of money out of it while holding meetings consisting of 14 scriptwriters instructed to solely 'think of one liners' while Grant & Naylor try to talk sense into them that they aren't getting any damn thing right in the first place.

Gave a little insight into how these producers actually work and why (to me) that so much American 'comedy' is in fact garbage reminiscent of the last great dysentry outbreak of the ships carrying minstrels to the new lands (Consequently it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the result of said dysentry actually became comedic screenwriters but I digress...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom