Red Dragon: Am I hearing things?

W

WPKenny

If anyone here has got this film on DVD can they please confirm to me whether they can hear faint whispering or talking throughout the entire film?

It was like my DVD player was amplifying some stray radio station but I would have thought modern equipment filtered this out.

When I pause the movie the whispering cannot be heard.

If it's deliberate then it's a strange move because I actually found it a bit distracting as it became quite loud at times but not so loud you could hear what the voices were saying. It was also annoying due to the fact I didn't know if it was deliberate or not so assumed it was either a faulty DVD or my equipment was being shitty.

Please can someone put my mind at rest because this is not mentioned at all on the IMDB.

Oh and it was the DTS soundtrack I was listening to.

S

Sharma

Well, it is a scary movie, but to have whispering on it seems to be a bit silly, have you gotten a copied version or is it genuine?

T

tris-

could just be a copying error and if its from blockbusters then every copy in the shop will have the same errors. there was no whispering in the film at the cinema so no point in putting on the DVD.

X

Xtro

Does the disc have a commentary audio track? IIRC it does. Maybe that is somehow bleeding over to the normal track?

G

gremlin

Relax Ken, it's just the voices in your head.. the voiiicess in your heeaaaddd...

T

Trem

I definately heard whispering all the way through the film it was something like "this film is shite, turn it off", I kept hearing that over and over.

S

stu

Probably contamination from one of the other soundtracks. Try it on Digital 5.1, see if you get the same effect.

T

Tom

Step 1: Chuck Red Dragon in the bin

Step 2: Buy special edition of Manhunter

Step 3: Smug grin

L

Lester

Blockbuster's stock is faulty. Don't ever go there again!

L

leggy

Step 4: look like a cunt because in actual fact they aren't the same film and as it happens both are utter shit.

T

Tom

Step 5: Then remember they are based on the same book, and that Manhunter is a much more intelligent film, with the superb Brian Cox.

N

nath

They're very different though.

Brian Cox is good though.

L

leggy

Brian Cox lived down the road from me apparently.

What a shat claim to fame :)

N

nath

Peter O'Toole lives 4 doors down from me.

Manuél from fawlty towers lived just up the road from us, a while ago.

Sting's son was two years above me at school.

Yay lets turn this in to a claim to fame thread! :D

P

pcg79

Peter Sellers went to my old school.

But I dont know who that is.

N

nath

You don't know who Peter Sellers is? Inspector Clouseau? (sp:/) Dr Strangelove? COMEON MAN!

S

Sharma

WPKenny, is it connected by scart to your TV and does it automatically take over all the chanel when the DVD player is switched on?

i remember when my playstation was hooked up to my TV via scart, if it was on a channel..say BBC1, you could faintly hear the programmes in the background, so switch it over to a channel that isnt tuned, hope that helps ;)

J

Johnny Bravo

/me imagines Kenny hding behind sofa watching Red Dragon, whilst the sounds of emmerdale echo eerily around the room :eek:

X

Xtro

Mark Gromnir went to my school. He is now dead. Hung himself in his cell 3 yrs ago.

That is all.

E

ECA

I live next to the pope.

He keeps me imprisoned as his nubile young sex slave.

Thank fuck he's an incontinent bastard who cant get out of a chair without the help of 6 priests, if he could i'd be fucked ( literally ).

Users who are viewing this thread