Games Red Alert 3

Lethul

FH is my second home
Tbh, I'll stick to historic games.. sounds a bit geeky, but its true, I know where some of you are coming from, I bought CnC and I just found, woot, yes, lets just build loads of defence, and sit there with 20 odd air fields, building up the airforce then just bomb their vital targets one by one, sure you loose your planes, but they can't build up enough to build buildings, so in the end, then i'll win..

That will probably only work in the campaign and easy skirmish tho :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Exactly mate, thats why I enjoyed AOE III also, because you could get treaty timers, so you couldn't attack the enemy for 10/20/30/40/50 mins =]

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I got this yesterday, I like it in a way but it feels like alot of the old CnC feel has been lost at times.

Sometimes its still there, that intro is nice, certain parts of the gameplay made me nostalgic, but I feel that RA2 is just a better game - this one has EA pawmarks all over it and it shows, no matter how hard you try to ignore it.

I struggle with these 3D RTS games where the zoom level is too low, the maps are too small and seemingly everything can kill everything else in seconds. I find its more tactical than strategic, and I dislike how you have to micro to an extent that the game feels more like a chore than anything.

I love the japanese units though! :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i wish they'd make a new FPS version of C&C, the first one was ace :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got mine in the post this morning, crappy thing won't even install (the autorun does noting) off to pirate bay it is then.

Lethul

FH is my second home
and I dislike how you have to micro to an extent that the game feels more like a chore than anything.

I love the japanese units though! :)

Hehe, i find this quite funny :)
The Japanse unites are the only units you have to micro at that level :p

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Love it, great game, if you dont like microing then dont play dawn of war 1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom