Games Red Alert 3

Kryten

Old Cow.
Some good looking stuff here from EA (surprisingly perhaps!).

COMMAND & CONQUER RED ALERT 3

1. Download link on that site for Red Alert 1, for free.
2. Good trailer too.
3. Some good acting talent for the ever strong story - Jenny Mcarthy(er?) Gemma Atkinson, Tim Curry, Jonathan Pryce and a couple of fit fighting bints (UFC?)
4. And hopefully the game will be as good to play as 1 and 2 both were.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
This looks gloriously cheesey and over the top in other words absolutely spiffing. I played Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge to death, really looking forward to this.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just realisesd this comes out tomorrow.. Seriously, game companies are trying to abuse my wallet this fall :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Autumn you C nut !

And yeah I think I will be hiding the bank statements for a while :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Saw the Korean edition on torrents yesterday. I'm really interested in the coop campaign tbh :)

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Downloaded it from "sources", was good. Then bought it, spose I will have to burn the "naughty version" to a DVD to future proof my ownership... sigh*

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so how is it? watched some ingame footage videos but didnt think it looked all that great.

most of it looked like it were made in 2D :/

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Really good, also the Japanese have a cool thing with their vehicles. Some are infantry killers who can turn into planes to travel around fast.

I kinda suck at it, but the game is good fun.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Chilly and I are going to do the co-op missions tonight!

Then we're going to have unprotected sex with a lamb.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Game is ok imo, it lost the RA feeling but is still decent game.

Soviet feels overpowered tho :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
anyone else getting BSOD's while playing? i cant do more then 1 mission at the time, and on trying to retake vostok i cant even finnish building my base :/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Finally got around to playing this today. Only done a few Soviet missions but totally loving it so far.

The interface is slick, the presentation is good, the units are completely barking over the top and its a hoot with lots of nice touches. One of my favourites so far is when you order Soviet troops to garrison a building they ask "There's television in there?" :D

And the B-Movie acting is the kind of quality ham that Tesco dreams of. How the actors kept a straight face doing this I'll never know but I've loved every cheese-filled moment so far :D

Not had any problems at all running the game.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
not impressed tbh

its fallen into the same hole that CnC3 did

from the moment you get them, you can do the ENTIRE GAME with JUST aircraft

easy and pointless, AI is appaling

was hoping they had fixed it, but sadly not, wont be getting any more of em :(

(Still has the first one on cd :()

Kryten

Old Cow.
Played a little of it, not a fan of the cheesy acting though - certainly when Gemma Atkinson started talking and really, really trying hard to sound posh and cover her northern charms, sorry, accent. Didn't work :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
not impressed tbh

its fallen into the same hole that CnC3 did

from the moment you get them, you can do the ENTIRE GAME with JUST aircraft

easy and pointless, AI is appaling

was hoping they had fixed it, but sadly not, wont be getting any more of em :(

(Still has the first one on cd :()

not sure what game you are playing but i sure as hell cant go through ANY map on aircrafts only :) their ground units would pound my base to dust in notime, base defenses or not. especially if you're playing allies.

basically what i do is build up a healthy mix of ground units, build 8 or so bombers and sick those on the power stations while my ground units grind them :)

granted i'm playing on hard and there the enemies actually hurt unlike on easy/normal. and the AI actually think there. to bad my co commander isnt tho :(

Mabs

not sure what game you are playing but i sure as hell cant go through ANY map on aircrafts only :) their ground units would pound my base to dust in notime, base defenses or not. especially if you're playing allies.

basically what i do is build up a healthy mix of ground units, build 8 or so bombers and sick those on the power stations while my ground units grind them :)

granted i'm playing on hard and there the enemies actually hurt unlike on easy/normal. and the AI actually think there. to bad my co commander isnt tho :(

russian and allies campaign on hard
gave up 3 levels into the japanese one, dont like the manga feel :/

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
First impressions is: why can't I zoom further out. I hate having to be zoomed so close in to the view point :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
russian and allies campaign on hard
gave up 3 levels into the japanese one, dont like the manga feel :/

must be doing something wrong then :/

owell, i like having massive armys anyway so its not like i miss winning by aircrafts only :)

having mega problems on the mount rushmore allied map tho.. i never get enough firepower going before the president reaches that cannon :(

and i cant kill the bastard either <.<

well i can but then i lose :(

Vae

Resident Freddy
The key to the map is cryocopters and air interceptors to defend them. If you freeze the president's limo with a copter or the cryo beam special then he stops either permanently or for a while.

For that map I found the best plan was to build some base defences to hold of the initial attack which can then be supported by the mirages when they appear.

Get one airfield going for the cryocopters and 4 air interceptors to pin down the president.

Then get more airfields going. One cargo plane to drop off engineers at any buildings the president may have got to. Then just groups of bombers to knock out the air defences and bomb the enemy into submission.

If you manage to slow the president down for any length of time you should be fine.

Regarding the game overall - it was ok. The cut scenes were quite amusing/good but the game didn't come close to the original red alert as a overall game experience.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I have to agree with Mabs, it feels like (atleast with allies) that aircraft wins every map :p

I didn't even freeze the president limo (didnt think of that). I just had lots of grps with 2 vindis in everyone killing all the towers :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The key to the map is cryocopters and air interceptors to defend them. If you freeze the president's limo with a copter or the cryo beam special then he stops either permanently or for a while.

For that map I found the best plan was to build some base defences to hold of the initial attack which can then be supported by the mirages when they appear.

Get one airfield going for the cryocopters and 4 air interceptors to pin down the president.

Then get more airfields going. One cargo plane to drop off engineers at any buildings the president may have got to. Then just groups of bombers to knock out the air defences and bomb the enemy into submission.

If you manage to slow the president down for any length of time you should be fine.

Regarding the game overall - it was ok. The cut scenes were quite amusing/good but the game didn't come close to the original red alert as a overall game experience.

cool, gonna give that a go then.

and speaking of the japanese campaign, yeah its a tad to manga for me to but especially one map is fun. you get a bigass robot to play with, and only that :)

its really fun to keep a few of those tesla troopers and those amfibious(sp?) boats around it as lectricity heals it, so youre basically unkillable aslong as those or the tesla coils are shooting at ya :)

can't really count on the co commander on that map as all they do is suiciding on that robot as its to big for the AI to guard properly.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Im looking forward to getting RA3 i must say, i did not get C&C 3 which is odd for me cos im a massive C&C fan as the orginal got me into pc gaming, i hope C&C 3 has the magic that i remeber

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im looking forward to getting RA3 i must say, i did not get C&C 3 which is odd for me cos im a massive C&C fan as the orginal got me into pc gaming, i hope C&C 3 has the magic that i remeber

Don't get your hopes hope. EA has successfully eliminated the atmosphere westwood built up imho :(

Mabs

Don't get your hopes hope. EA has successfully eliminated the atmosphere westwood built up imho :(

qft!
what he said- i have every single CnC game going back to first one, i wont buy another

EA have destroyed it

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Tbh, I'll stick to historic games.. sounds a bit geeky, but its true, I know where some of you are coming from, I bought CnC and I just found, woot, yes, lets just build loads of defence, and sit there with 20 odd air fields, building up the airforce then just bomb their vital targets one by one, sure you loose your planes, but they can't build up enough to build buildings, so in the end, then i'll win..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom