Recycling - when will we/will we see a result?

Gamah

Banned
ok, but i dont have a recycling bin, the council hasnt provided me one. why should i go out of my way to collect all the paper, store it then trek to a recycling area? why cant they just not put shit through the letter box.
its creating carbon getting it to my house, its wasting paper, then if i goto recycle its creating carbon again.
they could just not make the leaflets. that would mean none of the associated carbon is produced.

Well aye, it's shit that they havn't given you one..do you know if they do it in your area?

If they do it's one phone call that takes 5 seconds and they deliver new ones outside your door.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
By the way, how many of ou would buy something like...i dunno...meat and potato...err...stew?(those microwave dindins), if it wasn't packed as it is, but in an airtight plastic bag with no wrappings, no "dividers", and the insisdes explained with a black marker ON the bag instead of a label?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
By the way, how many of ou would buy something like...i dunno...meat and potato...err...stew?(those microwave dindins), if it wasn't packed as it is, but in an airtight plastic bag with no wrappings, no "dividers", and the insisdes explained with a black marker ON the bag instead of a label?

Good point, I for one do not eat microwave meals. Way to much bad shit inside them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Good point, I for one do not eat microwave meals. Way to much bad shit inside them.

Well yeah naturally up to people if they buy or not, though microwave dindins in finland taste almost as good as regular food and with Finnish food requirements, they are rather healthy too :D

The point, if someone(not you) missed it, was that would packaging effect your buying?

If the shops were just rows and rows of vacuum packed pouches of different stuff, all generic, organic foods in plain eco bags with only markings of "potatoes here" or some such.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I eat alot of food which I prepare in the microwave, but its not microwave food like most people think of it, its a store close to me which have catering, and they prepair lunchboxes with different meals everyday so usualy go there and buy a couple now and then

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
The point, if someone(not you) missed it, was that would packaging effect your buying?

as long as the food is safe and as described i couldnt give a shit what it came in.
far too much emphasis on packaging these days.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
as long as the food is safe and as described i couldnt give a shit what it came in.
far too much emphasis on packaging these days.

Same with me, but most of these "eco warriors" are a bit hypocritical about some issues.

Just because you separete your bio from your other crap, doesn't mean you're saving the world, or would be "pleased" with the world as a total eco-safe place.

Only eco booze, eco cars(smarts for everyone), etc. Just a tip of the iceberg.

Computers, f*ck it, they use resources. TV, nope. Microwave, oven, NO, uses gas/electricity, use a firepit.

Gamah

Banned
Most of us are hardly "eco warriors"

I don't want to go back in time, but seperating my paper / bottles / plastic from other shite is hardly the same as me wanting to live in a cave drawing on walls.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Most of us are hardly "eco warriors"

I don't want to go back in time, but seperating my paper / bottles / plastic from other shite is hardly the same as me wanting to live in a cave drawing on walls.

Missed the point there.

People who "demand" recycling, often forget how little it would effect. Miniscule even.

When, if we changed shops and removed cars like i said, it would make more of an effect, while changing nothing really...but...would most "recycling people" go for it...no.

Like i said, a bit hypocritical.

Gamah

Banned
Thats because people who are pro recycling don't want to take us to the dark ages. Removing cars would distroy the country's economy.

Just because we don't want all our stuff to end up in a land fill doesn't mean we want to go back in time, like I just said.

It does no harm seperating my stuff out, and saves at least my weight x 10 of glass/cardboard going to a landfill each year.

recycleit said:
The largest lake in the Britain could be filled with rubbish from the UK in 8 months.

recycleit said:
If all cans in the UK were recycled, we would need 14 million fewer dustbins.

14 million less dustbin loads a year just on cans alone doesn't sound like a miniscule amount to me.

I don't know about you, but I don't want my country turning into a rubbish tip.

tris-

not sure i can believe such stats tbh, how exactly do they come up with these figures?
are these cans crushed? how big are these cans? how big is a dustbin?

sounds like a scaremongering number imo :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
all this about recycling is scaremongering, just a bunch of people sitting in the top bringing the money in and laughing there asses off

Gamah

Banned
Well Sweden hardly consumes enough to bother the world so do what you want :p

tris-

i dont think recycling its self is scaremongering. i feel it doesnt work though as it is, at least in my area.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gamah, about recycling in general, Finnish(and swedish etc) peeps take bottles to shops, have different bins for eco/paper/garbage in every yard, don't use outdated things like milkbottles, recycle normal waste etc etc...we're lightyears ahead the UK in general "bio" saving already, even if i sprayed a 10litre can of aerosol in the air/day, i'd still probably be ahead of you in "saving the world".

Just a pointer to those people who think, in this thread, that i'm somehow "worse" then you because you "recycle".

Time to look at the bigger picture, your government and the REAL problem, instead of individuals.

But, about your point, sure, it doesn't harm if YOU do it, as long as YOU keep your doings to yourself, and don't try to guilt/force/suggest mandatory recycling.

Stop trying to change peoples lives to fit YOUR way of life.

Like i said earlier, if they came after what oyu like, you'd be saying "No" too, even if it was justified.

Like i said, no need to get to the dark ages, but there are things these "eco warriors" wouldn't trade away for their precious planet either.

And also still waiting on the general info on the use of bags, etc, that the people who claim they save the planet and i don't, do.

Gamah

Banned
Yes other Euro countries are ahead of us, that's a well documented fact here so it comes as no supprise.

It is also a hot topic over here (hence the thread) and I am giving my opinions on the topic. I am not forcing my views on anyone, as you have assumed for some reason.

You're saying it's pointless recycling, I'm saying it's not.

Deal with it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes other Euro countries are ahead of us, that's a well documented fact here so it comes as no supprise.

It is also a hot topic over here (hence the thread) and I am giving my opinions on the topic. I am not forcing my views on anyone, as you have assumed for some reason.

You're saying it's pointless recycling, I'm saying it's not.

Deal with it.

I didn't accuse you of it, others on this thread arn't so "open" to letting other people just be. Forced recycling etc. Don't assume i assume :D

And yes, i was pointing it out as a general POV on euro/UK difference, noticed it wasn't supposed to be just towards you after i got it out, but edit timer and all.

Noticed again the problem with no differention in you and you(plural)... :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
i dont think recycling its self is scaremongering. i feel it doesnt work though as it is, at least in my area.

The big feck off incinerator FTW!

Shame it got knocked down. :(

I thought it was cool, although really fucking smelly!

tris-

used to love going there with my dad. you could really twat stuff into the big area and then the big claw would come and own it. thought iirc there was no barriers, so you could easily fall in if you didnt let go of what you were throwing :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I went to my local rubbish tip not so long ago. They've got marked out parking bays, and uniform jobs-worths patrolling the area making sure you put the right rubbish in the right containers, and making sure you don't stay longer than the prescribed period of time allowed. They'll be issuing PCN's next...

Gamah

Banned
The big feck off incinerator FTW!

Shame it got knocked down. :(

I thought it was cool, although really fucking smelly!

Can't smell worse than my cock after a heavy gym session, I could suffercate a skunk with this thing.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
rabbit_pancake.jpg

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
they are talking about a cock in the nose of a skunk, whats hard to understand about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom