Recording DAOC Movies

R

Ravenbourne

Been playing around with fraps, tried ver 2.0 and it just makes the game extremly laggy, i tried a prog called hero something or other that recorded your entire desktop, while the game plaed fine it only recorded at 1 frame every second or so. What do people use? Is recording to VHS viable?

C

chosen

think most use fraps, but got a über computer :p

R

Rulke-RM

Try using classic client when recording, went smoother for me. Jumped from 3fps to 7!

O

old.Wildfire

Most people that make videos do so using a video capture card.

G

Galiryn

fraps 2 works great on my comp

specs -

AMD athlon XP 2100+ 1,7 ghz
Gefore3 ti 200
512 MB DDR ram

windows xp pro etc ;p

U

Urme the Legend

Originally posted by Galiryn
fraps 2 works great on my comp

specs -

AMD athlon XP 2100+ 1,7 ghz
Gefore3 ti 200
512 MB DDR ram

windows xp pro etc ;p

Are you recording in 800*600 or 1024*768? ..

and are you running window mode or fullscreen?

I tried Fraps and it works mostly.. sometime it can be laggy.. got almost the same comp specc as Galiryn except I got a GF4.

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
Are you recording in 800*600 or 1024*768? ..

and are you running window mode or fullscreen?

I tried Fraps and it works mostly.. sometime it can be laggy.. got almost the same comp specc as Galiryn except I got a GF4.

1024 i think .. max fps window

N

NoBrains

I have installed Fraps last night to do some tests and record some fights with VNG

It worked nearly with no lag at all (yes there was a frame decrease but nothing special)

PC Spec

AMD Athlon XP 2100+
1gb DRR 400
geForce FX
Win XP pro

Game at 1024
Record half-size
25fps
no sound capture

A guildy that sent me the program told me before installing that it works better under XP just in case anyone laging alot out of XP might give it a try :)

F

-Freezingwiz-

I got a 2.56 Ghz P4
783 ram
Gforce 4 4200 [something]

and my PC go down to 4-6 fps when I use fraps :/

it might be the P4 that is crappy for this tho ^^ since the ppl that run it well got a amd ;)

A

Aloca

Fraps is probably best if you have the computer, but VHS is ok.
If you have a nice TV card and such so you dont get any quality loss when transfering back to pc it is ok.
My 2nd video was recorded with vhs, and very hard encrypted later. still can see whats happening atleast

O

old.Lethul

i got ati 9800 pro, p4 2.8, 1024 ram and i lagg like hell when recording :(

S

Stallion-

same got. 2.1ghz, 512 ram, ati radeon 9700 PRO.. but I think it has to do with the speed of your hdd or mby how its configured...

S

'Shy

I just downloaded Fraps and can't even run it. I get this error:

"This software requires a processor with SSE instructions"

Anyone got any ideas?

N

NoBrains

To be honest I don't know if it's the Processor or the Grafic Card...

PPL That said they didn't lag while using fraps were using:

AMD
GeForce
Win XP

Someone with GeForce P4 and WinXP should try :>

N

NoBrains

Originally posted by 'Shy
I just downloaded Fraps and can't even run it. I get this error:

"This software requires a processor with SSE instructions"

Anyone got any ideas?

What processor you have?

A

Aloca

Hard drive lagg is often reason for lagg when recording with fraps, even if you have that über computer.

My fps drops from 50normal to 20 when recording

A

ab_fluid

i use dis pc spec:

p4 2.6ghz
1024 ram
decent 60gb hdd
gf4 mx 440 (sucks ass)

with fraps my daoc lagged only slightly fg v fg but a lot vs zergs etc, around the 30 fps mark in fg v fg fights

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by NoBrains
To be honest I don't know if it's the Processor or the Grafic Card...

PPL That said they didn't lag while using fraps were using:

AMD
GeForce
Win XP

Someone with GeForce P4 and WinXP should try :>

i got all 3, like i said 30 fps or so :)

B

belth

I don't have XP, 2k3 here :p Can't record when running 2 clients tho, crashes the topmost client always, propably something to do with the way Fraps captures the screen. Recording with half-res helps a lot with lag, in case someone hasn't tried yet ;)

D

Demolay

Tried most methods including Fraps 2 VHS Digi Beta Beta SP HD PC to PC AVID etc in the end if us treaming it FRAPS n VHS fine VHS you get a few noise bars but not that noticable when you have encoded it to WMV Ra or whatver you choose.

Fraps is just handy if your pc is up to it because hit a key and off u go.

P

pitspawn

I have two machines, one has gf5 fx 5950 other is ti4600 Both have VIVO (Video in/Video out) Using CLONE analog from nview you can setup an output channel through the svideo line. Then simply use any capture program like videodub and your sorted.

Zero cpu overhead, motion blurred, antialiased images at a decent resolution. FRAPS captures still images so 25 fps on svideo looks far smoother than 25 fps on fraps. But ofc, its not easy to set this sort of system up. What makes things even better is that you can save uncompressed images because of the lack of overhead. Which makes end compression quality and image manipulation great!

P

piggeman

Im using:
AMD 2,1 ghz
GF fx 5900
1024 RAM

I don't having any problems with recording (as far as i know of). I use the later version of fraps and can record in 1024x867 and 1152x864. Without any problems.

While we're roaming some zone, my fps is between 25-70, depending on how many is in the current zone, or how many is in my clip range. Avarge fps is ~45-50.

When i record fps drop to 15 (i record in 15 fps). So it's still very playable and "smooth". I know this cos my other computer didn't have 15 fps even when I was alone on the server! :)

Users who are viewing this thread