F

Fusion-C5

I have a question here..
how do i view my demo???!
the file is a DM_2003 file.. and i cant find anything that will open it!! :(

can anyone help me please? :(

C

Cdr

Demos can only be played thro the SOF2 software. Load up the game, drop down the console and type

/demo demoname

And it should play :)

F

Fusion-C5

thanx man :D
.. am gonna try it now :clap:

Do you think when the 'new' patch comes they will make it so that i can make a flash movie with my demo in? :rolleyes:
if you get me :confused: lol

there is another way to do this, i dunno if any of you know but..
if you type cl_avidemo 1 (1 to turn it on and 0 to turn it off) this records a demo for you out of TGA files..
but when i do it.. it slows my game right down! :( i mean i get like 4fps :mad:
Hehe, i think its time to get rid of my geforce 2 :p

F

Fusion-C5

Yay it worked :D
thanx CDR :clap:
i have a DM_2003 file that i made before the new patch, but i cant get it to work on v1.2 :mad:
ahh well.. thanx tho! :D

C

Cdr

Outputting into TGA hmmmm if you wanted a flash file, you could then import those TGA files into flash and you should get a little flash movie :)

Cant remember if flash supports TGA, so you may need to convert into bmp or jpg.

F

Fusion-C5

Yeah.. but the thing is, when i use the cl_avidemo command it slows my game right down to like 4fps :(
really jerky and impossible to play, so the movie would just look dumb :mad: lol
Maybe in the next patch they should release some software that allows you to view the movies outside of the sof2 software, cause its a pain in the ass! lol

catch ya later :D

C

Cdr

Aye, it was jurky on mine, prob cos it's writing a screen shot every X amount of ms / secs.

Anyways, I had a go at putting TGA files into Flash, and this is what I came up with. The file size is just under 1mb, for a very short piece of 'action'. Can be done tho with a little bit of hard work :D

Have a gander : http://www.haveit.barrysworld.net/sof2.swf

(also, you'll notice the quality aint very good)

F

Fusion-C5

Hehe, me an ma C5 brothers had a go last night..
The file is only 80k so have a look !! please :rolleyes: lol
There is one bad thing about it, there is meant to be a dead body lieing on the floor, but for some reason it dissapeared in the movie :( .. i think its trying to tell me i need a new graphics card ;)
Anyway, heres the link! oh and be sure to read the ReadMe if you have never watched demos before. :D

http://www.geocities.com/sentinelfusion/MurderScene.zip

Ohh and CDR .. not a bad lil demo ;)
But why was the quality really low?

Anyway, hope you enjoy tha movie :D

C

Cdr

heh, that's cos I exported the .swf file with the jpg quality at 50%, at 100% you're looking at a file size of 6.69mb, which is quite big :)

Even at 75% ya looking at over a meg, tho the quality is only slightly better.

I suppose you could export them as an .avi file, which *may* be smaller than a .swf, but without trying I wouldnt know :)

*EDIT*
Okay, I just tried exporting as an .avi, with the DivX encoding, the file size has been dramatically reduced. 742kb but with 100% quality (or at least it looks like it)

F

Fusion-C5

ahhh..

Ill have a go at doin some .avi :)
I think the ones were you need to use sof2 to play them, are better .. because there so much smaller ;)

Did you check out my movie?
I think that link was a bit dodgy :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread