Recommended Controller?

T

Turamber

Yep, I found my way to Planetfall via my foray into Shadowbane. Despite being an utterly clueless noob I've managed to spec a half decent sniper character ... unfortunately my cordless mouse isn't up to much in the controller stakes.

Can anyone recommend a decent controller to use with Planetfall? Thanks in anticipation :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Quality of mouse doesn't seem to have as much impact in PS as other FPS's because the speed of movement of your aim is limited by the type of weapon/armour you are using (this is most obvious when manning gun turrets or using a MAX).

Get a decent optical mouse that you feel comfortable with. One with extra buttons is good as you can configure them for reload/ammo change/mode change/crouch, etc.

C

CliffyG

I'd recommend a MS Intellimouse Explorer V3, excellent response, very comfortable and 5 buttons.

The extra buttons make a world of difference, i have:

LMB: Fire
RMB: Alternate fire mode
Middle Mouse: Reload
Large thumb button: Change ammo type
Small thumb button: Zoom
Scroll up: Weapon slot 2
Scroll down: Weapon slot 4

Makes for a lot quicker control :).

C

.Cask

Hmm well given that Planetfall is a DOS/Atari ST game I think you'd be best sticking with a decent keyboard config :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Good Lord have mercy on us... it's teh Turamber coming to haunt me.

Let me guess.. you will join VS - the Albs of Planetfall.. erm... side. ;)

*waves*

G

Galewyr Dark

personally i use a logitech MX 700 cordless mouse..and its a dream to work with as its a ncie heavy mouse, but the price tag of £45 is a bit hefty for a mouse really.

Couple of things for ur old mouse...try altering the sensiivity...also try altering the mouse smoothing option.....

[edit] wrong mouse model no

T

thefunkrocket

While we're on mice, mine slips all over the place in cursor mode, its fine in retecule mode but it makes moving stuff round in my inventory very difficult, Any ideas what might be doing this or you think i just have a crap mouse :rolleyes:

Oh and Smooth mouse is off so its not that

J

Jonaldo

I think it's just a crap menu/inventory system to be honest, happens on mine too.

S

Sibanac

same happens to me with my MX700, acceleration in mouse mode stays to high

V

ViscountC

Bluetooth cordless MS mouse here. Apart from the bloody enormous problem that afflicts most users of this particular product (the mouse just "vanishes" from the system and stops working, and the fix is *not* easy to find on the MS support pages), I've not noticed it being any worse than a mouse with a cord for playing PS.

The only other annoyance is that the suplied software does not give you a free choice of how to assign the extra buttons - the MS software insists that the buttins be used for useless functions like "Copy" and "Back", which are unlikely to be much use in a FPS :(

O

old.ivan

Cant recommend an exact model but a Corded, Optical mouse is best when it comes to FPS . thats what i heard anyhow, fastest response rate and comfy :) <no balls attached> :) control. Logytech managed to produce some very decent models. My 2 rubles.

P

[PS]Mung

I've read a couple of reviews for these boomslangs, and they aint been too favourable.
MS mice do quite well, keep it optical, and keep it simple. Too many buttons on the mouse make it a nightmare to play.
Just my club fingered opinion mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom