Recommendations Please.

P

PhaZeY

Hi,

Can anyone either recommend a place in the UK, or indeed supply the equivelent of the following ?

CPU: Intel Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard: Tyan S2722GN E7500 Dual Xeon IDE
Memory 1: Stardard 1GB PC2100 DDR Ecc Registered
Memory 2: Stardard 1GB PC2100 DDR Ecc Registered
Hard Drive 1: 120GB IDE Hard Drive (7200epm/8MB)
Hard Drive 2: 120GB IDE Hard Drive (7200epm/8MB)
CD-ROM Drive: 52x IDE CD-ROM
Case: 2U Rack Case/4D Int HD
Power Supply: Standard ATX 470 Watt PS (Xeon/Front)
PCE Riser Expansion: 2U 64-bit 33/66MHz PCI Riser/2 Slots
Networking: Intel Built-in 1000BT & 10/100BT Ethernet Nics

I need 10 to 14 complete systems, shipped to Singapore.
Please contact via email for initial discussions, or post here recommendations for rated and reliable suppliers.

Cheers,

./P

T

Tui

I would recomend you go for a standard server package like a Dell PowerEdge 2650 or HP/Compaq DL 560. Main difference is the drives are SCSI and not IDE. Each has 3 PCI slots so you may not need the expansion bay and if more slots are required then I would go for one of the 4U models.
Both Dell and HP web sites allow you to custom configure the server specs and order direct.

P

PhaZeY

Tui:

Thanks for that, but the main thing is budget. Similar systems from Compaq/HP are about 3 times the price. I've had over 25 of these "custom" systems from my main supplier over the past two years, and only experianced one failiure due to a hardware issue.

I'm not fussed about super spec, alough i will forgo disk speed for cpu power.

I thought i would post here as undoubtably there may be a few poeple in the trade, so i thought i'd give the "community" first refusals.

As i dont live in the UK, i dont have first hand knowledge of the suppliers capable of offering me this kit - the more recomentations the better :)

Cheers,

./P

Users who are viewing this thread