Help Recommend me a mobile phone

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Need some advice - I am the most disorganised person in the universe (and prone to exaggeration too) and I need a mobile phone.

Now, despite being a through-and-through geek, I just haven't got my head around mobile phones. I currently use my work (naughty I know) brick that uses the alias of a Nokia 6310i (I think...). The only thing I like about it is the battery life, and the fact that work still haven't cottoned on to the fact that I use it for personal calls.

After 6 months of maternity leave though, I really can't get away with it any longer and need to buy a phone of my own. I would like one that has some kind of an organiser on it as well, including calendar, to-do list, reminders etc as well as decent internet functionality, camera and mp3 player and good battery life. Most importantly, it has to be easy to use, so no crappy software, and adding a task to the to-do list needs to be significantly easier than doing the task itself (or what's the point of procrastination? ;) )

My feller is on T-mobile, and I think we have a spare pay as you go sim card hanging about , so that network would be ideal, but to be perfectly honest I'm not that fussed about network. I'm looking to spend a couple of hundred quid, so either a decent unlocked or PAYG phone, or a free phone with a tariff that isn't going to break the bank. I don't make that many calls or texts, so anything over about 50 texts / 200 minutes a month isn't really going to be used.

I did consider just getting an organiser thing without the phone, but although I don't make that many calls, I receive a fair few, so it's not really something I can do without.

Make your recommendations below the dotted line please! :wub:

.....................................................................................

Kryten

Old Cow.
I've not seen one as yet but apparently the Sony Ericsson C902 is apparently rather well equipped.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How about the HTC Touch or the HTC Tyne II

Its a windows based mobile phone and therefore you can use outlook which has calendars, to do lists, reminders etc.

Its really easy to use as well.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Nokia 6310i's are one of the best phones ever made, the closest you will get nowadays for battery life is the SE w880i (lasts about a week before charging) and I imagine the K850i has a good battery life as well.

Samsungs have awful battery life.

My next phone will be the SE c902 or the k850i.

But definitely stick to SE if you can.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
I've not seen one as yet but apparently the Sony Ericsson C902 is apparently rather well equipped.

If you take a dander down to your local Carphone Warehouse they should have both the plastic crappy model, and the proper version knocking about that they can demo you
but the handset by itself is retailing at £299.99

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I have a W890i. It doesn;t do anything flash, but does everything you expect from a phone. I'd recommend it.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Decided to go for a Nokia 6500 slide in the end - does everything I want it to do, and I understand it. I had a play around with the w890i, and I liked it, just not as much as the nokia - just call me a fanboi I guess ;)

Cheers for all your advice :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
A bit late but i have been playing with a nokia 6210 Navigator slim slide phone with 6 months of GPS not a bad little phone so far used the GPS around London on foot at the weekend and drove to work with it today and for £200 pay as you go seems a good price.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I have a Nokia 5310 which i like. Don't have lots of super stuff tho but i really only wanna use it as a phone :p It can sms, call, mms and take pictures. Also got built in radio and mp3 which i find nice :)

Haven't explored its functions much but it has a calendar which you can make notes and stuff in. Nothing i use tho as im an unorganized man! :p

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Awesome Tab! As soon as they're available free on a contract I'm getting one.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What phone brands can you use to pay stuff right over the counter, by just moving it over some laser thingy?

soze

I am a FH squatter
What phone brands can you use to pay stuff right over the counter, by just moving it over some laser thingy?

I think some German supermarkets have that its anyphone with a camera can be used to read a barcode and then software displays a master barcode which you pay with. I do not ever see that being live in the UK too much of a risk of people stealing stuff. RFID is what we will use i think as soon as its cheap enough to be throw away.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I think some German supermarkets have that its anyphone with a camera can be used to read a barcode and then software displays a master barcode which you pay with. I do not ever see that being live in the UK too much of a risk of people stealing stuff. RFID is what we will use i think as soon as its cheap enough to be throw away.

Wanna get my hands on one of those phones :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom