Recommend me a dish (involving chicken!) ;d

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I intend to wear my apron:

Apron-6-S.jpg

to cook the missus a meal next weekend.

She doesn't like any other meats due to some reason I never remember & I want meat so the dish has to contain chicken.

Any ideas?

I was going to do chicken curry but that's just boring!

Suggestions = rep = happy FH!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Wok + chicken + whatever veg you want + sauce = done :D

If you want oriental, you can't go wrong with green thai or black bean sauces.

If you want indian, go for korma, tikka masala or madras depending on how hot you want it.

Piece of piss to do it. Boil your rice and let it simmer/continue to boil for 10-15 mins .Chop your veg and chicken up, heat a bit of oil in a wok. Add chicken and seal it, add veg, stir it around a bit, add sauce, do it for 10 minutes until the chicken's cooked through and rice should be done too.

Simple, effective and tasty :p

Tilda

Chicken + Chicken Black bean sauce from asda + beans + other frying stuff = teh yum

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Stir fry - piss easy - takes about 10 mins....

Lots of veggies (your choice) ,but i use red/green/yellow peppers, sliced carrot, snap peas, pine nuts, mushrooms, red onion - throw the lot in a wok with some olive oil and some soi sauce and mix up for a couple of mins, cook the chicken bits in a fryin pan at same time for a few mins until done - reasonably high heat.

chuck the chicken in with the veggies for acouple more mins, and grab a pack of noodles (tesco do some 2 min noodles that are ace) - chuck em in as well, mixin as u go, more soi sauce if u need.

Hey presto 10-12 min stir fry.

As Gordon Ramsay says, done...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Going to tell you the eaisest, and most best tasting rice & chicken based dish ever.

Ingred:
- Rice/Pasta
- Chicken
- Sauce

Cook the rice/pasta for X people
Fry chicken in butter - When it's brown, pour a jar of Tomato sauced (Tomato/Garlic - Turns out quite sweet. Or what ever mix you want) then simmer for 30 minutes. - Option to add red wine when its simmering, sweetens and gives a nicer taste.

Mix with the rice/pasta and eat. Lovely.

Everz

FH is my second home
wrap chicken around your balls, she will get the hints... you can thanks me laters bugz :ninja:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ooh bugz i got a recipe!!

lol nice pinny btw :p

*delays holiday specially for bugzy*

chicken strips or breasts (stop giggling!) and put them in a dish squeeze a lime over them and then add a pinch of chopped or dried corriander leaf and leave to absorb (marinade if you want to be poncy) for about an hour or more in fridge

the veg...

*runs to kitchen to get cook book*

Courgette bake

you need:

2 courgettes (or one wopper)
oil
onion
garlic
tomatoes 2 or 3
cheese

turn on oven to pre heat

slice the -gettes about 1/2 a cm thick
heat oil in frying pan and GENTLY fry the -gettes with sliced onion and crushed garlic (i use garlic paste tbh) for about 10 mins

slice the toms and add to the pan cook for another 5 mins and add mixed herbs

get an oven proof dish and smear some butter round it other wise the mix will stick like shit to a blanket... um... put half the mixture in the dish then sprinkle half your grated cheese on it then add the rest then put rest of cheese on top and you can chuck some worcestershire sauce on that so it goes nice and brown and yummy then stick it in the oven for about 45 mins but watch it so it doesnt burn (Ive knackered my pan countless times while doing rice and forgetting it)

also what would go really nicely with it is if you get one of those little packs of mixed fresh veg from the shop with asparagus, baby corn and mange tout (sp??) in it and then steam those for about 10 mins and serve with the dinner

to start with maybe just chuck a garlic stick in the oven and make a nice caeser salad and dont forget pudding tbh

anyway you guys have a nice time, no makin babies or anything!

this meal is sooo simple honestly ive got like one cook book (had it since for years) and this is the only recipe i use all the time and im a right lazy sod when it comes to cooking.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
afaik lime and corriander is mexican...

anyway i dont care now im off for my holiday lol byeee

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Fajitas? Another fairly quick dish and quite tasty.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stop calling her missus godsdamnit, you're freakin' 16 :p

Puppies...anyway. If you have to ask here what to cook her, you'll fail/succeed equally no matter what.

You should take into consideration what else she eats, what else she likes, what kind of setting you're gonna cook for her, what's after the cooking, ESPECIALLY what's before the cooking. Ze lunch, is irrelevant.

Then again this all means pip all since you're f*cking up allready and not even prepared to cook for HER(since you said "i want meat*wah!*"<--wah for good measure). Basicly you're being semi-giving-selfish. So much for you to learn young pipsquat.

Anyhoop, you'll probably get bored(shell get bored) of it all in a year or so, do the "smart" move and marry her at 18(only to ruin both your life starts), or boink some chick you meet 'cause your "missus" isn't that hot to you anymore and hormones rage. Oh yes, it's a 85% chance of puppyrain *licks finger* So what's in a meal anyway :D

Mey

Part of the furniture
haha the seel calling it like it is!

Tilda

Bugz, poo pictures are too far.
Either ignore him your use your brain to rebut his arguments. Only stupid people have to reply to arguments with pictures, which you're not, unless you're doing it to be ironic, which I dont think you are.
You're a clever lad, dont let FH drag you down.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
pix it the edit didnt happen tilda!

and pft, dont listen to tilda, LET FH DRAG YOU DOWN!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz, poo pictures are too far.
Either ignore him your use your brain to rebut his arguments. Only stupid people have to reply to arguments with pictures, which you're not, unless you're doing it to be ironic, which I dont think you are.
You're a clever lad, dont let FH drag you down.

I cba to spend time typing a lot on FH to a 'wtf' reply so pic seemed quicker :(

Can't you edit back in a nice, cartoon-y poo or something? :s

Tilda

No, i'm going to bed. :p
If you cba to reply, dont bother :D
Have you decided about law yet?

Everz

FH is my second home
tilda and bugz are fairies.. fact.. all law folk take it in the briefcase.. :ninja:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
mexican is quick and easy with chicken, fajitas or enchiladas

If you have a bit more time you could try thai green curry.

Olive oil in the pan
Chop up your chicken
Add Freshly ground Cumin, ground ginger, bit of garlic, chili powder, pepper, stick it all in a pestle and mortar (a decent amount of each)

Fry the chicken
Add the spice mix
Add fresh cream or natural yogurt
Add freshly chopped coriander

serve with either rice (best to chuck in turmeric and saffron) or a stir fry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom