Reccomended Curse Addons

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Thought I'd make a quick post with the Addons on Curse that I reccomend, because theres so god damn many, only two at the moment, but if people could add to this list, it would be useful.. No stupid useless things thanks =]
Maybe a admin could make a sticky of this or something, so it is editable?

• DAoCBuff - Nice if you're a Ex-DAOC player
  • Nobby's Nuts - Make sure you have a big screen for this one, it's nice to see what active attacks/buffs are going on!

Could anoyne remember the auto take off your horse thing is called?, Thanks

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Healgrid - Like squared but I prefer it, more options under /healgrid
junkdump - sells useless garbage at vendor in one click.
Tometracker - tracks your number of kills/mob. Useless but fun to see.
Tome titan - tactics/title unlock information.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Choff Assist - assist macro made easy
Buffthrottle - makes buffs/debuffs update only every half a second, increasing performance
Warhammer Scrolling Combat Text
Squared - unit frame addon
ActionBarColor - easier to see when targets are in range for your spells
Auction Stats - scans ah and gives all items a tooltip with how much it's worth
Bulk Item Mailer - useful for mailing lots of items to one recipient

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Could an admin please post all this into my original post if possible? - Thanks =] :fluffle:

Healgrid - Like squared but I prefer it, more options under /healgrid
Junkdump - sells useless garbage at vendor in one click.
Tometracker - tracks your number of kills/mob. Useless but fun to see.
Tome titan - tactics/title unlock information.
Choff Assist - assist macro made easy
Buffthrottle - makes buffs/debuffs update only every half a second, increasing performance
Warhammer Scrolling Combat Text
Squared - unit frame addon
ActionBarColor - easier to see when targets are in range for your spells
Auction Stats - scans ah and gives all items a tooltip with how much it's worth
Bulk Item Mailer - useful for mailing lots of items to one recipient
AutoDismount - Auto dismounts you after targetting someone and clicking on a nuke

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt use AutoDismount if I were you, its a great addon if the crappy game didnt bug out if you dismount while moving, AutoDismount is a surefire way of bugging your char out and sitting in an off-screen position walking sideways!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Auto-dismount should be a built in optional feature of the game. Especially since half the time in scenarios my 'Mount' icon disappears and I cannot dismount without first removing a buff from myself to force the game to update the icons. Charging up to the Salvage in Serpent's Passage then being able to do precisely feck-all is really annoying. I don't run any addons at all because I do not trust the WAR client to correctly handle addons.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Auto-dismount should be a built in optional feature of the game. Especially since half the time in scenarios my 'Mount' icon disappears and I cannot dismount without first removing a buff from myself to force the game to update the icons. Charging up to the Salvage in Serpent's Passage then being able to do precisely feck-all is really annoying. I don't run any addons at all because I do not trust the WAR client to correctly handle addons.

reclick the mount icon on ur hotbar ? :p but yes i wud like auto-dismount that worked :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
reclick the mount icon on ur hotbar ? :p but yes i wud like auto-dismount that worked :p

Fair point, but its another example of a very buggy interface. I notice that the interface is also still borked if you join a scenario when you are in a warband and you cannot see group-mates properly. This is the kind of thing that should have been fixed in beta.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Fair point, but its another example of a very buggy interface. I notice that the interface is also still borked if you join a scenario when you are in a warband and you cannot see group-mates properly. This is the kind of thing that should have been fixed in beta.

Yes the whole feel of the game generally seems to be lacking for me, I dont feel solid in the game world, always clipping through terrain or bugged off to the side or some other such crap, people running at me underground etc

It really does suck and annoys me greatly, I watched this game grow for like 2 years, I had such massive high hopes for it, I thought it was going to be my next big game that I would give a few years too like I did with WoW but its just not happening and its such a shame that it is lef down but such a fundamentally simple thing like basic movement and UI controls.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I think all of this boils down to the fact that the game was released a few months too early. A lot of obvious things are still missing, and I think that another few months of beta with a lot more invites would have worked wonders for the game.

A lot of the curse mods are just picking up obvious features that should really have been included in the first place.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
A lot of the curse mods are just picking up obvious features that should really have been included in the first place.

A lot of features in WoW's interface started off as addons that other people did. Regardless you are right, a bit more beta would have helped. I understand though the pressure of WotLK whether they admit it or not will have been a factor.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Well from what I understand, the game was released a whole year after it was sheduled, so how much more beta they need, I obviously think that if a couple more months of beta would have helped and I would have been all for putting it off a few months but really.

Some of the things that dont work or are buggy are really the fundamentals of the game, like the movement, character solidity and UI interaction, Im no game developer but I would presume this is the first thing on your list to get right, how could they ethically release a game that is buggy for a beta build ?

Ive played a million and one free 2 play games, all of which have been shit but still the game worked and responded as it should and there were no elementary level mistake bugs like clipping through the floor or being unable to dismount while moving for fear of your character being bugged off screen to oblivion.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Back on topic:

ItemSwap: if you use more than one set of gear as most tanks/healers do, this lets you save the set and change all your equipped gear with a single click of a button

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom