Reavers

B

Betrayal

I am making a reaver to have an alternate char for stealth scout, planing to do more pve than rvr with her, race saracen, did 10 str / dex / con at creation.
She is autotraining slash and flex to 44.
I am thinking about the following spec:
50 Flex
42 Shield
32 Parry
26 SR
Would like some input from other reavers if they tryed out this spec, and what they think about it, how it will work etc, thanks in advance.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
In PvE, you will want to consider going 50 SR, rather than the other way around, the SR line gives you a huge boost in PvE, and you'll be doing Python chain more than you'll be doing levi, the extra lifetaps and dps debuffs will help you also.

In RvR, SR reavers have the potential to exceed the utility a standard slam / levi spec reaver does, it's just that not many people bother, nor have really ever done to the extent you'll find more than 1 or two on your server who are not specced that way.

The spec you've chosen is decent for RvR, as you'll still provide interupts, the debuffs don't interupt so your not loosing out on much by lowering SR.

At the end of the day, your choice - i'd say it's a good spec myself. :)

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
i myself would prefer the regular:
50 flex
42 shield
rest sr

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
depends what kind of pve

if your talking about epic pve you might as well go full shield or roll a true tank, the flex styles arent *that* great and a merc will outdamage a reaver easily

if your talking about yellow-low purp pve then the standard 50 flex 42 shield 41 sr will serve just as well

I see the whole point of trying to make parry work properly for reactionaries but in all fairness 6 parry +11 with good dex and +10% parry pve will do fine

dont really see the point of playing a reaver for pve- merc does more damage, arms does more damage and pally tanks a hellova lot better (as does arms)

give it a whirl tho- 53 effective shield / 43 effective parry with sara dex will probably be quite a machine for chaining through red cons especially with +10% block / parry for pve purposes

throw in some mob and moparry and then yea, it should be pretty decent and a nice change- sr is pretty crap for pve :p

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Currenty, my reavers spec is....

50 flex
42 shield
35 SR
20 parry

I find that i get the parry chain off quite often in RvR, and being only 35 SR the only thing i loose out on is yellow dmg add. Which is a fair exchange for 20 parry imo.

B

Betrayal

Thanks all for the input, atm lvl 42 and can solo TDs at sauvage like a breeze, have 42+4 shield and 25 parry atm, 34+7 thrust, very very rare geting hit and doing ok damage for an unbuffed hybrid (much much better than my 29+11+4 slash scout :p). The auras on yellows (despite they lvl 3-8 or something) dont get resisted often but of course effects are negligeable. Still since I aim at higher lvl purps even the lvl 40-50 think will be resisted a lot, and also hard to use in cornered places where dont have room to pull a mob a safe distance from the pack. Why do I need a better 30 sec lifetap (which can be resisted) when I almost dont get hit, and will have the block chain complete to drain hp if needed. Seems that this spec is really working nice for me, when I ding 50 will go in aurulite gear and try Collossal for a duel :p
As for rvr the red dps reduction aura (15%?) + 27% chain abs = 42 abs%? That could be neat in soloing... still with the shield and dw penalties and after seeing Kagato with his parry in action tend to relly more on passive parry ^^ :)

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Lookdaddy said:
Currenty, my reavers spec is....

50 flex
42 shield
35 SR
20 parry

I find that i get the parry chain off quite often in RvR, and being only 35 SR the only thing i loose out on is yellow dmg add. Which is a fair exchange for 20 parry imo.
LD u are auto trained ?:)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Golly said:
depends what kind of pve

if your talking about epic pve you might as well go full shield or roll a true tank, the flex styles arent *that* great and a merc will outdamage a reaver easily

Sorry, but Leviathan is the killer on epic mobs that are pet spammed and outdamages every other Albion style easily unless the mob has total magic immunity. 2 Leviathan users on pet spammed mobs on ML10 = the win.

If you want conventional style damage obviously Celerity Paladin + Arms 2H/Pole is the way to go.

B

Betrayal

I'm autotraining as well, in case Mythic decides to review reaver SR line and improve it :>
And that's exactly what I was thinking Manisch Depressiv, the levi proc should do sweet on high lvl mobs (unless they resistant to magic, but still the damage is a proc not a casted spell, not sure if this makes any difference). I remember when did Caer Sidi back in old SI days and a merc rr7 was doing more damage to boss with bleed from Dual Shadows than with melee damage :>
The reason why me made reaver is that despite the fact is a hybrid (less hp / WS than a real tank) can get nice defence on her, and also have heavy damage (positional / reactionaries) unlike a paladin (the other hybrid), can get magic damage (procs from styles) if target (especially in rvr) has som / wh / malice2 which cuts the dps drastically, some nice auras (who actually look like auras unlike paladin :p) and the flex thingie! :>

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
im makin a reaver aswell and its just going 50 flex 42 shield 36 SR as i pla to RvR and be a blockbot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom