Reavers

A

Asha

the problem is even if you magically know which of the three healers is the pac healer and interupt him allowing your sorcerer lay down a nice mez, when you go to attack any of their support, you will get insta cc'ed and it does matter when you're missing from the assist train, especially considering you're there in part to provide af debuffs. That is if you don't get jumped in the first place, if you get the right healer, if he doesn't resist/purge mez... considering how fast most fights are over, det is a big issue for reavers vs. mids.

M

marathor

Good thing that people have those blinders on about healers though. Root is pac specline so all the healers wont have a sticking root.

Lets asume that we have 3 healers in a group.
Pac/Mend, Mend/Pac and Aug/Mend.

Mids get a jump on the alb group. Healer uses insta mezz to the albs and continues with a ae stun.

Melee group=healer is kicked out of the group win or lose the fight of being stupid.
Pbaoe group=GJ.

Ok that might be over the top but frankly insta cc sucks with these resist and groups that use them for the initial cc are giving a free immunity. And theres no point to cast stun as resists+det affect it, people use slap instead.

My 2 cents.

E

Eruv

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus
Only problem is no det but in my opinion that´s no problem. Reavers are prolly the most underestimated class in albion.
I've had this problem for ages now, hence why i don't rvr much, coz no one wants reavers and I'm not willing to waste an entire evening waiting at apk for a group to want me!!!

A

Asha

Originally posted by marathor
Mids get a jump on the alb group. Healer uses insta mezz to the albs and continues with a ae stun.

Melee group=healer is kicked out of the group win or lose the fight of being stupid.
Pbaoe group=GJ.

Mids get a jump on the alb group any semi-decent pac healer is going to cast mez - no question. When I say insta cc I mean if you do get mez in first, then when your assist train goes for a healer you will get insta cc'ed. Vs det tanks this means nothing, vs. reaver it means you're out of the fight for awhile. If your group is unlucky and hits the pac healer first, then you will probably be all insta stunned which might give him enough time to cast mez in which case the reaver is out of the fight unless he purges or gets demezzed. It’s not the end of the world, but it does matter.

Reaver is a great char and is great to have in a group for so many reasons; just the det issue does hurt vs. mids. For instance versus mid groups I think a reaver is good to counter the shammie somewhat. You still get farted on, but he cannot cast if a reaver is after him at all. Having slam in your assist train without lowering dmg output (I am assuming that reaver dmg + the increased dmg your other tanks will do with af debuff is at least equal to the merc you’re replacing? Not positive tho) is a great thing. Also you get loads of free interrupts that don’t break mez.

Eruv, I wouldn't put my reaver in a random group. If you're talking about guild groups, well you'll just have to convince them to group you and show them what you can do :)

S

shuko

Good against hibs, but would rather 3 mercs against a mid group.

C

catalina

Reavers are highly under-rated in RvR, end of story.

It's very difficult to get grouped in emain and i tend to spend most of my time running in an unbalanced GG or solo/duo in HW.

We make damn good offensive tanks if played well, but even as a defensive guard on cleric/sorc we can do a good job. Providing the other det tanks are on the enemy CC/healers a reaver can slam and drop an enemy tank in under 7s. You would also be surprised how many hibs/mids mistake you for a cleric and start beating on you while the clerics get a few extra heals in.

As Pin said, as well as having aoe interupt (thru debuff aura) we also have 2 insta interupts on a 30s timer (and one of em is 1500 range)

A

Asha

random alb groups suck anyhow, it seems like you're in the wrong guild (NO offense to HG, a nice guild) if you're looking for balanced rvr groups...

S

Subedai-Samil

only 2 ways to get consistent, balanced rvr.

be in a rvr guild like tb,bf,fc,hb,gol etc

or build up a good reputation, which is alot easier with support classes like clerics and mincers than it is with tanks unfortunately :(

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Asha
random alb groups suck anyhow, it seems like you're in the wrong guild (NO offense to HG, a nice guild) if you're looking for balanced rvr groups...

fings influence !

W

Waok

I like playing my reaver, cos it's fun to play, and I enjoy showing albs when I group with them, what my class is capable of doing.

I think alot of good guilds realise how effective a reaver is, as I see alot running around using them, although I only see these good guilds running in Odins, not so much in Emain.

When playing my reaver, I hate the fact root lands quite often, so I find it difficult to become useful in a group, when all I can pretty much do, is interupt casters and maybe stun the passing target.

Groups im in, we have more success over hib groups than mid groups, cos of the insta mezz and roots we have to deal with, which I dont get much of with hib, as hib groups are alot easier to take down, as they rely on pb, which I just counter with my aoes and dots before they start to cast, so hib groups are pretty easy to take down because of the dramatic effect our aoes have.

My class is good, becuase I can do alot, more so than what most think, although already explained here really by Pin.

Offensive slammer - Ok so paladins are offensive? Please the last time I saw an offensive slammer, our clerics were dead and we had no cc to backup either.

Interups
AoE - 2 of them, dps and a af decrease chant, think it was explained brefly somewhere for the af decrease I saw.. Plate > Chain > Studded > Leather > Cloth > Naked :p

Dot & DD

Very long range on the dot, not very good dd, both good interupts tho, they saved me and my group too many times from cc ;-)

Not just a slam and spam bot, I use 9 qbars for my reaver,
1,slam 2,levi 3,assist 4,aoe qbar, 5,block qbar, 6,parry qbar, 7,ra qbar, 8, end pots, 9 ,pow pots.. anytime is on my block config, which has dd's etc aswell, but I dont get many targets turning on me :p , wierd config I know, but I find it effective, and it enables me to be alot more versatile with my class ;-)

Anyway, id like to just say, that even tho people doubt our class and everything is det this det that, that i'm gonna carry on playing my reaver, cos I find it so much fun to play, and I know how much utility I bring to a group, and i'll be waiting for the time albion gives us a chance in all groups :p

Give groups!
Love you all ;x

C

catalina

Originally posted by gunner440
gah change ur avatar u cheap imitation :<

oi, i had mine before you :p been using it on HG forums for a long time, tho it does look sucky on black background ;)

F

- Fedaykin -

well i'm coming back to the game in a few weeks and since my little bro plays my sorc, infiltrator. etc and has probably ruined their reputation since i been gone i'm gonna make a fresh start with a reaver since they are the only alb class i havn't really played

I'm gonna go briton 50 flex 50 SR purely for an assisting purpose to maximise damage (i've looked over many logs) and on paper they look great

Ok no det .. det is a pain

if i get mezzed need to rely on the mincer to spare 1 second to demezz me (not to much to ask)

if i get rooted insta interrupts and try draw aggro to me, or get clerics to try run towards me or PURGE (

THEORETICAL>>>>) or put the whip away and use the buff which has the same animation as a clerics :) since briton reavers look like clerics anyway it may fool a few noobs - hopefully should attract some attention :)

they look fun to play and in the end thats all which matters for me

N

Nazghul-

Originally posted by K0nah
not 17ppl, 3 healers, 1 shammy and a skald, all with vast and varied cc options, both castable (interuptable) and insta.
Since when does skald have "vast and varied cc options"? All they get is a short range, short duration mezz...

P

Poseidon

what ive noticed Root is the most damn annoying thing Vs Mids and it there is no mobs near u cant do much more then tell your support to try and run past u so u can atleast slam or tempting them to hit u, since im inconu i have often noticed i get assist trains on me in belive that im a sorc, dont think they see that i got chain just that im a iconu :) or they just wanna kill me cuz i so damn ugly :=))

R

Rushie

Originally posted by Poseidon
what ive noticed Root is the most damn annoying thing Vs Mids and it there is no mobs near u cant do much more then tell your support to try and run past u so u can atleast slam or tempting them to hit u, since im inconu i have often noticed i get assist trains on me in belive that im a sorc, dont think they see that i got chain just that im a iconu :) or they just wanna kill me cuz i so damn ugly :=))

assist trains on u fortehwin tbh, noticed my lil fishy boy gets more time to do stuff with u in grp, seems to confuse on initial engaging of enemy, cant be to bad if ur distracting attention from sorc for even just a few secs :D

A

Asha

Originally posted by Poseidon
what ive noticed Root is the most damn annoying thing Vs Mids and it there is no mobs near u cant do much more then tell your support to try and run past u so u can atleast slam or tempting them to hit u,

try putting intercept and ofc guard on whoever is being hit, if they run to you, you can guard/slam and hopefully intercept for them which will set you free... although sometimes it's not possible to get to you

F

Flimgoblin

We have a balance - RvR all the time is a bit boring :) but it's nice to go gank a bit.

Our imbalanced groups are getting a bit better - still not fotm enough to handle a fully tooled up high-RR enemy realm group, but we don't panic and die instantly to the first thing that blinks at us. Think that's more down to people getting used to seeing the enemy - it's something you need to pick up - reacting quickly when you get jumped rather than panicking (saw another group do this in HW - thought "ooh that reminds me of us" - they just stood around - not mezzed.. just not sure what to do)

Of course the next step is knowing what to do after you get jumped... and a lot of that depends on what classes are in your group - if you have no healer/demezzer generally the next step is "twiddle thumbs then die" :)

Anyway, we have balanced groups - we have both earth AND fire wizards!

(though I need to encourage more det tanks... I think we have Fingoniel and noone else at the moment ;))

A

Asha

hehe I knew you would see that sooner or later. I didn’t mean to put HG down at all cause I think it’s a good guild – like you say RvR all the time isn’t for all, but I’ve seen Catalina post about wanted better rvr twice now, for cleric and reaver. I know random groups are tough on clerics and even more so on reavers I think…

F

Flimgoblin

hehe I knew you would see that sooner or later. I didn’t mean to put HG down at all cause I think it’s a good guild – like you say RvR all the time isn’t for all, but I’ve seen Catalina post about wanted better rvr twice now, for cleric and reaver. I know random groups are tough on clerics and even more so on reavers I think…

yeah random groups suck - especially ones with smite clerics *hides*

problem is if you want good groups _all_ the time for RvR you need to join an RvR guild...

Users who are viewing this thread