Reavers

A

astriix

Whats the best way to spec a reaver? i have a lvl 8, but i just want to make sure im speccing properly..

whats a good path to take anyone know?

F

-fwapp-

best imo is 36 soulrend 50 flex 42 shield 16 parry, its a bit of everything, provides slam and a high block rate so that you can pull off viper chains regularly, which u need as the anytime style is crap and lowers ur defence 20%

reavers are capable of the best 1 handed weapon hits in the game with the 50 and 45 flex moves, so u need to put flex up to 50 definitely, some may go 50 soulrend but id say the abilities werent worth the points and with less shield ud end up using anytime a lot more than ud like to

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/jejejexd/sshot027.jpg

A

arrakeen

i dont know how reavers work, that dmg under the leviathian whats that? not the Crit ofc :)

L

Larik-

That's the proc - it fires off a cold dd when you use it, looks like that one hit the cap - nasty :)

B

brite

ive had those bugger hit me for 500 each time and they get shield and pbaoe(weak mind) but it still breaks my healers, never had a reaver one on one but i think i took one when it was 2 on 1, think he was with some gimp tank :)

A

arrakeen

Originally posted by Larik-
That's the proc - it fires off a cold dd when you use it, looks like that one hit the cap - nasty :)

ahh nice :)

W

Waok

Probs 36 / 42 / 50

Im 50 / 50 myself tho and happy with it

G

georgus

I'm 50 / 42 / 36 as well, seems to work ok though I havent been RvRing long. Long enough though to wish we got determination :p

P

panzer_ulv

No expert at all on Reavers, but:

1. Spec in wahtever fashion you like.
2. Play it for 6 months.
3. Wait for Mythic to give uber-stuff.
4. Go kill everything you see.

[The content above should be seen as satire, not whine]

S

scarffs

Determination ? You'll never get it.
I think there is a determination nerf underway in 1.65 btw.

Resist and determination and ra review, now that would be a great patch.

D

dakeyras

I reckon 50/42/36/16 is the way to go atm.

For higher defence and anytime 9sec stun you lose very little in terms of SR. Difference, according to posters who have respecced, is around an 11% overall damage drop on the lifedrain and only slightly higher resists.

That might all change though over the next few patches. High level SR might be in for some love (hinted at in TL feeback as Mythic would like an alternative to 50/42) and also with the promised resist changes SR should be more effective.

It will all come down to whether any changes in high level scaling provide enough damage/debuffing to warrant giving up slam.

I hope it does, as I feel a class's signature specline should be it's best, i.e. SR for Reavers, Stormcalling for Thanes.

If they do sort it out I guess I'll be in the queue for a respec.

S

smincy

Originally posted by dakeyras
I hope it does, as I feel a class's signature specline should be it's best, i.e. SR for Reavers, Stormcalling for Thanes.

I agree, and lets not forget the chant line for paladins .... it could do with some spruceing up in terms of its use in RvR. I see too many paladins (lately) thata sacrifice their chants to get slash a bit higher.

W

Waok

Originally posted by dakeyras

For higher defence and anytime 9sec stun you lose very little in terms of SR. Difference, according to posters who have respecced, is around an 11% overall damage drop on the lifedrain and only slightly higher resists.

That might all change though over the next few patches. High level SR might be in for some love (hinted at in TL feeback as Mythic would like an alternative to 50/42) and also with the promised resist changes SR should be more effective.

It will all come down to whether any changes in high level scaling provide enough damage/debuffing to warrant giving up slam.

If they do sort it out I guess I'll be in the queue for a respec.

Excellent post, I coudnt agree more.

The main reason I gave up slam was for SoulRendering.

I find it more fun (even tho im not a 1337 slam bot in emain), more than enough people carry a shield, and tanks will have slam.

Lot's of very good reavers on excal, Whyp, Tilda, Samal, etc, and afaik they are all 50/42/36.

I have to agree, that spec without doubt is the BEST spec to have as reaver, Getting Leviathan is essential for reaver, its what your purpose as a reaver is to deal great amounts of damage, you have slam 9 sec stun, and good enough sr with not many resists.

So with that you have high defence, the last attack in flex skill, decent enough soul.

But I chose full soul, as I feel going full offence is better than going defence, hell i may be a gimp at the moment, but we will see in the next patches how soulrendering works out.

I like the fact, i spec 50 soul, for all the debuffs, and lifetaps and dots, i have the edge on ranged attacks, which have helped me loadsa times.

I know that in rvr, if i get slammed, im dead anyway, with my current sc (getting one done when goa send me p/w ;// ), i wont last long versus a savage/s.

Also i'm probably the only reaver on excal who has gone from 42/50/36 50/50 and stayed with it.. so that kinda makes me unique on excal ;) which is kinda cool, even tho i am a gimped reaver ;p

hehe ;p gimpyreaver

Users who are viewing this thread