Reaver technique's

C

CliffyG

Just wondering all you reavers out there do you pbaoe pulses. Personally I pull with the dot, do dmg debuff, imediately switch to dmg absorption debuff then DD. Wait for the DD to visibley (sp?) pulse (should be the second pulse) then run through it again. Occasionly lifetap is needed and also dmg add if needed.Only thing is it makes it a bit hectic with one hand dedicated to doing these spells and the other doing the styles. Can take oranges like this (admittedly only at low level not sure how it scales) but it is handy for chaining yellows. I've lost count of the times i get the 2 blue pulses confused and instead of cancelling start the other one and pull some more uwanted mobs :).

T

Turamber

I use the lifetap regularly and as often as possible. Shame it has a stupid 30 second recast counter ... 10-15 seconds at the most is all that should be needed.

And I don't use the pbaoe chants while soloing, well not unless it looks like I'm about to get smacked up good and proper and have nothing to lose.

That said my little chap is only level 9 so have a lot to learn I daresay.

One neat tip is to have two types of flexible weapons (slash and crushing) in your bag and then use whichever is best against the mob you are fighting.

V

vestax

only use the lifetap when your have lost some health, pointless using it at the start of a fight.

Also the PBAE's are great for getting adds off casters + clerics so u should have at least 1 on your main hotbar.

Btw u can solo yellow's without using styles and only using your DoT and Lifetap and finish the fight with full health. Was doing that in DF yesterday, chain pulling for great xp.

Also another great tip, when u get 19 in flex forget the 2nd block chain style, then when u block - use the stun after block style - stick + strafe 90 so your facing the side of the mob and use Indigosnake. If your quick this is easy and it take'a a yellow's health down by 45% as well as healing you for about 70 Hits ;)

Just my 2c's

Users who are viewing this thread