Reaver style question

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed recently that while doing my styles mobs have just lost aggro and walked away mid fight. its happened a few times now fighting the black wolves just off Snowdonia.

This tends to happen in the viper chain (or constrictor) after the 2nd or 3rd hit, is anyone else having the same effects.

Is this a bug or a game thing that theres a chance that the style de-aggros the mob, the mob just walks away and doesnt agro again till i hit it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
think its a bug, maybe your so uber the mob feels guilty for attacking you? :)

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
had the same thing on my warrior, are you blocking alot before they leave? Cause both me and my warrior friend gets that alot, Ukobat walks away quite often after hitting my shield or parry for a while, gives up since he can't land a hit :)

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
had the same thing on my warrior, are you blocking alot before they leave? Cause both me and my warrior friend gets that alot, Ukobat walks away quite often after hitting my shield or parry for a while, gives up since he can't land a hit :)

yeah i do block a lot actually, usually pull with the DoT and go striaght into engage to get the reactionaries, thanks, that answers it :D

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
yeah i do block a lot actually, usually pull with the DoT and go striaght into engage to get the reactionaries, thanks, that answers it :D

Well since you DoT it, it shouldnt really walk away

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Gotrag said:
Well since you DoT it, it shouldnt really walk away

If it resists the DoT, it'll still come after you, but won't have had much aggro generated.

I've seen it with various characters, I suspect aggro just gradually reduces over time, and the monsters can get bored and wander off if you're not generating aggro.

Darzil

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
If it resists the DoT, it'll still come after you, but won't have had much aggro generated.

I've seen it with various characters, I suspect aggro just gradually reduces over time, and the monsters can get bored and wander off if you're not generating aggro.

Darzil

yes but he says he is hitting it and it walks away thats not right

Compton

Fledgling Freddie
if the mob can't hit anything (i.e. parry/block/evade, or just kiting) for an amount of time, it wanders off.

Example: you dotted the mob, he hasn't hit you for x seconds, it wanders off, the next dot tick it will aggro you again.

You pulled the mob, dot was resisted, he hasn't hit you for x seconds, it wanders off, if you don't hit it again, it will keep on moving away at walk speed.

Consider it as "giving up" i'd say :)

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I see this quite a lot with realm guards in the frontier. The "I'm attacking don't run away" code seems to depend on the mob successfully hitting. After the amount of time the mob would chase you for if you were running away expires - they stop fighting, regardless of if you are belting them with your weapon of choice.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
I think all archers are aware of this one too, if i pull a mob from long range it often stops and starts to walk back even though i keep shooting it. It aggros me again the next time i shoot it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom