Reaver spec help

R

ReaLX

I wanna play a reaver with at least 42 shield for slam, and flex styles.

Im thinking about these specs:
42 shield, 44 flex, 45 soulrending, 10 parry
42 shield, 39 flex, 50 soulrending, 6 parry
42 shield, 50 flex, 39 soulrending, 6 parry

anybody with comments ? to go or not to go 50 soulrending/flex etc...

first spec seems nicely balanced, it might be a nice way to be gimped tho...

E

Exinferis

i would suggest the last spec, to get leviathian
slam get behind the target, and do the leviathian =)
you will get second best of everything in soulrendring but the slam/leviathian combo makes up for that imo :)

myself im going 50flex 50soul, just cause i know how easy it is to get in a backpositional style in RvR, each time i see a large weaponry char, i stupid enough run away, getting annihilated and spanked :)

R

ReaLX

u wont miss the slam ?

that's the one thing i'm proud of when i play my arms :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Is brutalise worth getting? It sounds nice but can't decide if it is worth the 50 spec points.

S

sigh

if you auto train flex then you wouldnt have this prob ^^

A

Apathy

You can still do it without PL. It will just take longer.

a.

E

ethiraseth

just train in swords till level 40 and then respec :p

offcourse, you will have to miss those cool weapons till lvl 40 but hey, you get a nice sword instead ;)

T

tisme

Originally posted by ethiraseth
just train in swords till level 40 and then respec :p

offcourse, you will have to miss those cool weapons till lvl 40 but hey, you get a nice sword instead ;)

nooooo whips r cool ;) dont miss out on them :p

E

Exiled

ooo so what you doing later tisme ? busy ? ;) :whip:

N

Northstarr

u can train flex till 40 then respec and put them back in flex cant u?

D

dakeyras

50 flex/42 shield/39 sr/6 parry

No question about it. Slam+levi has got to be the Reaver staple. I see reavers as the ideal caster bodyguard and that is what i am speccing for. AE pulses to unmask stealthers, guard/protect/intercept, and slam. Stick close to the squishy ones (who win the battle) and keep em alive :)

S

se-ra

ehrm...

You dont get Guard and Intercept as reaver.
Only protect (but thats PvE based)
So he is not the perfect caster protector.
He is an offensive fighter... not defensive... apart for the slam maybe.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Northstarr
u can train flex till 40 then respec and put them back in flex cant u?

yes but you don't get any extra 'autotrain' points to spend...

B

belth

Originally posted by se-ra

About Intercept I don't know, but if you train shield, you get Guard...

J

Jiggs

50SR 50Flex 20Shield

anyone who thinks they need slam to pull of leviathan is :m00:

its an offensive tank, dont spec it defensively...

but thats only MY opinion :cool:

S

se-ra

Think Jiggs is right here.
Reaver is offensive char as far as I can see atm... ofcourse you can play em in a defensive position, but thats not playing the char to its full potential I think.

And indeed when speccing shield you get guard... anyone knows what guard is available? guard3?

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by se-ra
ehrm...

LOL

I'll have to take em off the quick bar then

S

sigh

You friars really dont understand the benefits of stuns, as an offensive char there is nothing better than stoping someone use there ip, stop casters using moc, ect ect ect.....

As for my reaver, training in thrust, do a single line respec, and there you go, 50 SR 50 flex 42 shield 6 parrys \o/ teh ubah spec!!

And thrust goes quite nicely with SR, due to the stack damage through bleed styles and pretty quick weps :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by sigh
You friars really dont understand the benefits of stuns, as an offensive char there is nothing better than stoping someone use there ip, stop casters using moc, ect ect ect.....

As for my reaver, training in thrust, do a single line respec, and there you go, 50 SR 50 flex 42 shield 6 parrys \o/ teh ubah spec!!

And thrust goes quite nicely with SR, due to the stack damage through bleed styles and pretty quick weps :)

I think you'll find that's 50Flex, 41SR, 42Shield, Xparry - same as mine would be.

I'm going crush rather than thrust on mine, but well... I find the reaver a bit boring tbh.

S

sigh

Just another thought....reaver as a offensive char...mmk

say for instance a catser hangs is on his own at the back of the group, and a SB/NS comes ups and pops the caster, but if there was a reaver runnning his aoe spells, none of this wouldnt of happened\o/ or the assasin has to time his attack, but anything could happen with a couple of extra secs.

S

sigh

[B/]Originally posted by Pin

I think you'll find that's 50Flex, 41SR, 42Shield, Xparry - same as mine would be.

[B/]
yusyus, sorry was thing that i coulod get 11 spec points out of auto training

D

dakeyras

There is alot about this on the Dark Citadel site.

Basically, alot of the first generation reavers went 50SR and are now begging for respec stones.

If you go 50SR you will be creamed by any other tank in the game as SR just doesn't scale well. Even at 35 it is starting to become very weak. The reason most US 50 Reavers want respec is because of high resist rates, poor damage return and lack of defence.

The Reaver isn't an offensive char..it just doesn't have the hits to mix it. If you look at what they are respeccing to the most popular seems to be 50 flex/36SR/42 shield/18 parry.

The ones who aren't respeccing are hoping for luv for the SR line soon, much in the same way as Pala chants got attention, but a question was posed on the Reaver site 'Would you go higher than 39 SR if you were starting again?'. Not one said yes!

S

sigh

Aye resists r a pain in the arse, btw does any one know what the reaver special RA is like?

Users who are viewing this thread