Reaver question

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Cirandi said:
Soulrending:
Excellent at lower levels, but it's not by far as effective at higher specs, you can very well leave it at around 30'ish and not miss out on anything.

Only one problem with that statement....it is pure unadulterated bollox!

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Skilgannon said:

hardly, soul is wank at higher levels for the points u invest for it :<

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
hardly, soul is wank at higher levels for the points u invest for it :<

Absolutely not.

I was originally 42 shield, and it was a pretty decent spec for running around Odin's/HW in OF solo. Only solo fights I would lose were against good kiters, particulary shammies. Gradually though, I found that in virtually every fight my slam was being purged. Stealthers were simply not leaving the TK unless purge was up, ditto for skalds, chanters and all the usual crowd you would meet running alone.

What I found was happening was that I was having to fight more and more face to face, and levi was only factoring in against runners and when (rarely in OF) grouped. Although I was still winning using reactionaries I figured that I was missing some considerable damage from SR.

Respecced 50 SR and never looked back. The debuffs hit very hard. My DoT, which before had been a pure interruptor hitting for 14, now did decent damage. My LT now hit for heck alot more. Add DT and WP and I was doing alot of SR damage whilst at the same time using style chains.

With the arrival of NF SR became even more powerful with SQ.

Many posts on Reaver boards state that SR is weak. These are usually from people with jack all experience of it. 50 SR is by far a stronger 1 vs 1 spec than slam, when you consider the vast majority of players at R1L5 will have Purge2. The only melee class that can give me a run with that spec is Valewalker. Dunno about Vamp as I haven't faced one yet.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Good for you :eek:
but most fights vs stealthers dont last 30s to make use of the LT, and the increase in the debuffs delves isnt that impressive to give up the usefullness of slam imo.
All a matter of playstyle to the poster...

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
And, where are you going to find 1vs1 fights in new frontiers may i ask? All i see is fg vs fg

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Skilgannon said:

Silly imho. I promise i've tried it and rejected it before i say something like that. I've tried most specs including some very very unorthodox ones, and this is my conclusion; Soulrending is not worth taking all the way, or even into the 40's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom