reaver question

Things

Fledgling Freddie
ok so i've leveled my reaver...

now then, what ras should i get and in what order,

probs gonna be mainly solo or duoing with another reaver.

at rr5 i was thinking:
mob 4
mopain 3
TWF 2
purge 1

looks ok on paper, but im not completely sure as i've never played a tank in rvr before :p (well not past rr2l5 anyway :p )

ideas?
cheers

Gamias

Fledgling Freddie
how about u remove mob and mop and get det4 till u get det5... unless u go solo

Things

Fledgling Freddie
well i do plan to go solo or duo as i said above :)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if reavers have access to IP but cant see why they shouldnt have..

Purge 2, IP 2, 10 points to spare at RR5
Purge1 is absolute waste
get TWF at RR5L5
then do passives as you grow higher imo

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
no need to go for Mob in Rvr as reaver tbh :> rather go for DeT or purge :>

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
IMO, if your gonna mainly go solo, i would go for purge2, IP2 first. Purge1 is a waste!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Im not much into reavers but

Being levi ur "star" style... isnt bttr to raise magic dmg (mom? for reavers or wp? ) for the proc?
Also, wouldnt be bttr increasing parry for the flex parry chain? AugDexII should increase ur weaponskill (more chance to land slams) and ur parry/block rate.
Purge1 is a waste, unless u gonna play in setgrps where u trust on ur demzzers n save purgeI for the ocasional mezz or st root. PurgeII is wot u look for.
TWFII... well if u are lucky enuff to fight solo ppl who just stand in middle of the twf taking dmg it might work....

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
for solo @ rr4 id go:

(1) Long Wind Increased dur of sprint
(1) Serenity +1 pwr/tick
(1) Mastery of Magery +2 % Direct Damage
(1) Mastery of Parrying +2 % chance to parry
(1) Mastery of Pain +3 % chance of critical hit
(1) Ignore Pain +20 % heal, anytime, 15m RUT
(1) Purge 5s delay, 15m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects
(2) Thornweed Field 100d/20s ae-target dmg w/ snare, 3s tick, 2s non-inter. cast, 10m RUT

forget mob, its DW'ers gonna kill u and ur shield wont do much vs them :)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but if you don't play a reaver or arent sure - Whats the point of posting at all?

Base principles, are you want to get DEX3, WP1, LW1 - Regardless of race.

Build your RA setup around that, it's what I always do and why I've never found building an RA setup around it a problem.

What Konah has said is partly true, but will just fine tune it a little.

(1) Long Wind Increased dur of sprint - Always have this.
(1) Serenity +1 pwr/tick - There's no need for this.
(1) Mastery of Magery +2 % Direct Damage Y - MOM3 eventually but MOM2 minimum
(1) Mastery of Parrying +2 % chance to parry - MOP2 minimum
(1) Mastery of Pain +3 % chance of critical hit - Don't bother.
(1) Ignore Pain +20 % heal, anytime, 15m RUT - IP2 minimum
(1) Purge 5s delay, 15m RUT : Dispel Negative Effects - Lal, Purge2 minimum
(2) Thornweed Field 100d/20s ae-target dmg w/ snare, 3s tick, 2s non-inter. cast, 10m RUT - If you solo, there is no reason why you would want to have this, you really really really do not need this for soloing and groups won't want you if you only have TWF2.

So, for soloing at RR5 I'd have,

Purge2
Ip2
AugDex3
Lwind1
Wpower1
MoMagery2 or MoParry2
MoBlocking2

So as you raise in RR, MoM will go upto lvl 3, MoB3 can go all the way up to level 4 if you want it too, eventually you'll get Purge3 and extras like WP3/DT1 if you want those DD's to hit harder, I often find myself hitting near 230 w/o crits, fyi. Parry is very important as a solo reaver, higher growth rates, bleeds and stuns.... parry chain has it all.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
First thing i got on my reaver was Aug dex - took it to lvl3 - increases ur weapon skill/block rate/parry rate/evade rate. There's little it doesn't help.
Also found MoB3 very useful and could take down higher RRs using block chain. After i went for IP1 but here u can get IP or start with purge up to you. I wouldn't bother with TWF for solo till ur much higher RR tho.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Varna said:
(2) Thornweed Field 100d/20s ae-target dmg w/ snare, 3s tick, 2s non-inter. cast, 10m RUT - If you solo, there is no reason why you would want to have this

can think of 100 reasons why a non-charge soloer might want it. as for twf2 not being "worthy" for fg's, twf1 is a total waste of time, twf3 is 95% of times overkill, since ppl tend to get out of it within 10-20s and it rarely proves fatal in open field, hence twf2 = ideal. only time twf3 really pays off is bridge/tower/keeps.

purge1 v purge2, ofc purge2 at rr5, hes talking about rr4 tho. take an example of a chanter @ 1500range: with purge2 u could purge the stun and interrupt him, but youll never catch him... or, u could dump twf2 on him, interrupt him, snare him, catch him, slam him in twf and levi whats left of his hps away. +many many more reasons why twf2 is better than purge2 @ rr4 ..for ppl with an imagination.

i'll never spend more than 1point on mob, mop3 would be sweet tho and being saracen i already got the dex3 ;)

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
...at rr5, hes talking about rr4 tho.

Actually he said a RR5 set up:
Things said:
...at rr5 i was thinking...

and i have to agree with Waok on the TWF at that RR for solo. You say purge 2 is usless and give one example of a situation. Not to mention to get that situation to work would be difficult, a good player will get out in 1 or 2 hits then ull be QC stuned and killed with no purge to escape it. (yes this is the optimistic side on behalf of the caster but no less possible than your idea of TWFing him perma interupting when he can just QC and more than likely in the case of a chanter ML9 pet you). Most fights ive been involved in on my Reaver are with melee chars - mostly stealthers - thats why ive suggested IP and purge. Get these to level 2 asap imo as most good players have them both and so if u do get them to low health theyre just gonna IP.

I suggest:
MoB2
Dex3
IP1
Purge2
LW1

leaves 5 points spare maybe get TWF1 if u like that idea or just save them (which is what id do) for IP2

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
can think of 100 reasons why a non-charge soloer might want it. as for twf2 not being "worthy" for fg's, twf1 is a total waste of time, twf3 is 95% of times overkill, since ppl tend to get out of it within 10-20s and it rarely proves fatal in open field, hence twf2 = ideal. only time twf3 really pays off is bridge/tower/keeps.

purge1 v purge2, ofc purge2 at rr5, hes talking about rr4 tho. take an example of a chanter @ 1500range: with purge2 u could purge the stun and interrupt him, but youll never catch him... or, u could dump twf2 on him, interrupt him, snare him, catch him, slam him in twf and levi whats left of his hps away. +many many more reasons why twf2 is better than purge2 @ rr4 ..for ppl with an imagination.

i'll never spend more than 1point on mob, mop3 would be sweet tho and being saracen i already got the dex3 ;)

TWF1 isnt enough for pets in FG, TWF2 is only good for its duration and snare, it's damage part is really bad compared to TWF3 in cost comparisons.

Anyway, I once again say that a reaver should not need TWF at any level, for soloing. I've always found casters easier to kill than tanks - I'd much rather face a high RR caster than someone like Ravenbourne. You really are retarded if you value TWF2 over Purge2 at low RR, your whole concept behind the chanter thing is amusing, even back in OF with 9s stun, it wasnt a problem killing them. Now, your facing chanters 3s stun and 99% of reaver templates use CB. The reason you want Purge2 is for melee stuns / roots / debuffs etc, I really don't see the need for Purge1, you would only go that if your high RR and have Det5, OR you've got a great imagination and somehow survive that 3s stun during the 5s timer, got knows how tho :wanker: .

Obviously Konah, I'm not blessed with your imagination.

Seriously, 90% the new reavers now saying it's difficult - They wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes in OF. We've got so much more now it's silly, in terms of damage bonuses, being blessed with things like AT/SCW/WH/GOV.

Things

Fledgling Freddie
Legean said:
Actually he said a RR5 set up:

and i have to agree with Waok on the TWF at that RR for solo. You say purge 2 is usless and give one example of a situation. Not to mention to get that situation to work would be difficult, a good player will get out in 1 or 2 hits then ull be QC stuned and killed with no purge to escape it. (yes this is the optimistic side on behalf of the caster but no less possible than your idea of TWFing him perma interupting when he can just QC and more than likely in the case of a chanter ML9 pet you). Most fights ive been involved in on my Reaver are with melee chars - mostly stealthers - thats why ive suggested IP and purge. Get these to level 2 asap imo as most good players have them both and so if u do get them to low health theyre just gonna IP.

I suggest:
MoB2
Dex3
IP1
Purge2
LW1

leaves 5 points spare maybe get TWF1 if u like that idea or just save them (which is what id do) for IP2

was just checking this on a realm abilities cal i found on the web,

i can have the above with ip2 at rr4l5 or is the website wrong...

http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.html

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Things said:
was just checking this on a realm abilities cal i found on the web,

i can have the above with ip2 at rr4l5 or is the website wrong...

http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.html

Calc seems fine m8ie not sure if you setting the starting points right maybe? RR5 = 40 skill points to spend so:

MoB2 = 1+3 = 4
Dex3 = 1+3+6 = 10
LW1 = 1 = 1
Purge2 = 5+10 = 15
IP1 = 5 = 5

Total 4+10+1+15+5 = 35 points so at RR5 u have 5 points spare

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom